Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 11:43 PM
Large Bat

Default How does a MQ work?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum ; )

I have just about 30k for my Shammy Epic MQ. But, I have never done a MQ with someone before and I am not sure what the etiquette is.

30k is a lot of plat (taken me months to get it), how does a MQ transaction go down?

Do you usually give half up front, then the rest when its done?

Is the transaction done at the bank ( can barley move with 10k on me)?

Thanks everyone!
Old 11-19-2015, 11:49 PM
Fire Giant

A typical MQ is done where 1 person has 1 or more items to turn in (they are the recipient) and another person or persons with 1 or more of the item to turn in (they are the seller(s)).
The seller turns in his items. S/he tells you when and you turn in your items. The game thinks you turned in all the items and you get the xp/reward.
For a Shaman epic it's a little different. You show up to CoM with their kill force. They kill black reavers until the mob spawns. You turn in your item to the mob. They kill it. You loot the tear.
So it's more like loot rights and less like a MQ. Once you're max faction you just have to turn your tear into the spirit in EJ under the lake.
NOTE: There are 2 spirits in EJ. One by CoM to turn the books into. A second under the lake in the far south (lots of undead) which is where you do the final turnin.

I screwed that up and it took Sirken 8 months to restore it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-20-2015, 12:26 AM
Aviak

The OP is asking about general conventions/protocols for payment to the MQ seller, rather than MQ mechanics themselves (though your post was quite nice in explaining that!).

I'd ask the seller how they'd like to handle payment, but I don't think a "half now, half later" arrangement is out of the question. I'm assuming you'll be dealing with people who have good reputations/reputations they'd like to preserve, so it's probably nothing you should worry about (unless something's rubbing you the wrong way). GMs don't mess with MQs, so I guess you're on your own if anything goes awry.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:26 AM
Large Bat

Wow, thanks for that last tip. I would have messed that up.

How about payment? Do you give half up front, or all up front. Does it usually happen at the bank?
Old 11-20-2015, 01:22 AM
Banned

For a large transaction like that, half up front is reasonable IMO. I've always paid up front 100% for jboots myself, though.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:33 AM
Aviak

Always have them link you the item they claim to have. And be ready to possibly be scammed, it's not always sunshine and rainbows with folks. You basically pay how the other person and you agree to it, there is no set method. If you want the item so bad you're willing to pay 100% up front then there you go, or you can offer them half up front to split the risk. Be mindful of names, level, guild tags and have /log on
Old 11-20-2015, 03:31 AM
Sarnak

Use a recognised independent escrow service for payment.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/ab9521a00...4dqyo1_250.gif
Closed Thread