Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if i want to PVP, i'll go back to DAoC...
AMEN
Old 04-10-2012, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

World of Warcraft PVP was the most fun I ever had, and I played a fucking Warrior.
I could easily mention more games but Fuck EQ PvP.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Kobold

Daoc pvp wins because it's more than the lol I grief you xDDDD shit that goes on. I am more actually referring to Daoc RVR there were some seriously epic battles in that game.
---
Green
Vosttok the Luminary 60 Shaman
Megid 60 Wizard
Ryukerr 54 Druid
Vostt 51 Rogue
Old 04-12-2012, 02:11 AM
Orc

I never bothered with Red99...I knew it wasn't going to last.

However, I feel like PvP players are getting a bad rap, here. I played on Rallos before Kunark, and for a while, it was the most fun I ever had in any MMO. I went there partly out of curiosity, and partly because I was sick of all the constant bickering and complaning over spawns, camps, etc. on Povar. It felt overcrowded. Rallos didn't have these problems. It had other problems, sometimes extremely aggravating, but overall it was worth it. Actually, it was a huge waste of time, and a bit of a mistake to play as much as I did. But I really enjoyed it.

I get that EQ PVP is not so great. But back then, there wasn't much to choose from. Sometimes, you just make the most out of what you have. I liked the extra challenge, and there was a whole other social aspect of allies and enemies and vendettas that blue servers could never provide. I can totally understand why some people want to bring that experience back.

There were a broad range of different types of players, not just "griefers." Honestly, some of the best and most dedicated roleplayers on any server, in any MMO I ever played were on Rallos. When I got a new job and had to take a break from EQ, I returned later to play casually on various blue servers. Regardless of where I went, for the most part, all people seemed to care about was leveling and loot.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:29 AM
Sarnak

FYP

"How can you play RED??"

Porttin 40 Druid (Green)
Old 04-12-2012, 07:22 AM
Planar Protector

I can see Red99's appeal, even for classes who likely get spanked during every fight. The thing is, who the hell has time to deal with griefing and shit?

When I did play a while ago, I'd log on with 2-3 hours to play for example. If the first hour of that time was spent trying to find a safe time to even log my character in without being raped on my spawn point, kind of a waste no?

edit: this is from the EC section, level 50 necro on Red99. Most powerful class that you could possibly play in PvP, lvl 50 and geared. Red is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blighted Robe/Sleeves/Skullcap/Boots
Jboots, Guise, All spells including 49s
Fully geared has 200 int w/ MR bracers
*Spell: Summon Corpse

Account comes w/ 24 Cleric w/ Guise.

Looking for BLUE items, accounts, or platinum.
Last edited by azeth; 04-12-2012 at 07:25 AM..
Old 04-12-2012, 07:34 AM
Fire Giant

I play Red occasionally. I just don't like soloing.