Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-23-2022, 05:22 AM
Banned

magnetaress: What has this world come to?

Me:
I know, it's grotesque. There was a recent report of a female backpacker being abducted by a religious maniac who raped her all night then decapitated her alive on camera. There was also a report of a 3 year old girl being abducted, raped and murdered by a pedophile who was on day release. Plus, we're being told if we don't wear these stupid face diapers we can't buy food. WTF? Was this world any good to begin with considering none of us chose to live in it or live by the hostile laws we're subjected to?

magnetaress:
i meant the report that gamers are being threatened with account action for teabagging. What has this world come to?
Last edited by Elfminster; 09-23-2022 at 05:43 AM..
Old 09-23-2022, 09:11 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik
I realize now that if I was born in this time period id hate dragons and shit the way i do football now, and feel the opposite about football.
Nah... Man, it doesn't work that way
Old 09-23-2022, 09:21 AM
Banned

We should pad the walls of the Internet with pillows so retards don't bump their wittle tiny noggins on the corners.

When I was a kid, my uncle gave me a floppy disk with "Anarchist's Cookbook" written on it in pencil and I turned out just fine. I didn't need those fingers.
Old 09-23-2022, 10:59 AM
Banned

Ah yes the catch all buzzword "toxicity", which in gamer speak means "an outcome I didn't like".

I tried to camp a fungi tunic today, but the camp was already taken. It was a very toxic experience.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah yes the catch all buzzword "toxicity", which in gamer speak means "an outcome I didn't like".

I tried to camp a fungi tunic today, but the camp was already taken. It was a very toxic experience.
"Toxicity"

"Problematic"

"Praxis"

"Yikes"

"I'm verified on Twitter"

"Solidarity"

If someone utters any of those words, they are not to be trusted.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:16 AM
Banned

I mean toxicity *could* have a legitimate definition, but it's subjective and the problem is people just fling it around at the most petty shit.

I used to play ultima online, and in that game if you killed somebody, looted them, then followed their ghost around and killed them again and again until they logged out, I would consider that legitimately toxic.

However, if you kill them, loot their stuff, loot their house, cut their body apart and take their head, then bow over their corpse as if you're dumping on it, that's just hilarious and is very much part of the game.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We should pad the walls of the Internet with pillows so retards don't bump their wittle tiny noggins on the corners.

When I was a kid, my uncle gave me a floppy disk with "Anarchist's Cookbook" written on it in pencil and I turned out just fine. I didn't need those fingers.
I'll add it to the list,
  • Airbags
  • Seatbelts
  • Bicycle helmets
  • CO2 detectors
  • Face masks
  • Vaccines
  • Dog muzzles for certain types of dogs
  • Minimum lengh for dog leashes
  • Smoke detectors
  • Drug ban
  • Fire extinguishers
  • High vis vests
  • Life jackets
  • Emissions regulations
  • Driving licenses with billions of categories
  • Speed limits
  • Crash mitigation
  • Diesel exhaust fluid
  • Electric engines
  • Crash mitigation
  • Saying the word n***** (for some, not others)
  • Pillows for the internet

I'm still waiting for parachutes in commercial flights and human rights for toasters. Any news on those?

Meanwhile in Spain:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-23-2022, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfminster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meanwhile in Spain:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good. That's some barbaric bullshit and they get what they deserve.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to play ultima online, and in that game if you killed somebody, looted them, then followed their ghost around and killed them again and again until they logged out, I would consider that legitimately toxic..
I used to do that all the time in WoW.

On a PvP server it's not toxic it's part of the game.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfminster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to do that all the time in WoW.

On a PvP server it's not toxic it's part of the game.
Haha well, I'd do it in UO too if it was somebody I had some kind of grudge against. If it was just a noob I'd feel bad about it (in that case, I'd only kill them, loot them, and cut their head off you see)

Man that game was glorious in it's day...