Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-23-2022, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couple of things here:

1) Don't sweat the twink monks. That is precisely what they are designed to do. Take comfort in once you're both 60 you'll have access to all the most lucrative camps in the game as a solo enc.

2) Keep an eye out for clerics or necros LFG. 2 totally different duo setups...for pure XP I think necro is better if you guys can hit up an undead charm spot. Honestly necro/enc is the fastest leveling duo in the entire game (outside of bard swarm crap).

Until 60 and farming, as a solo enc you really don't need to torch / haste pets. Its more efficient to let your charm pet get low, finish it for full xp w/ a nuke, grab a freshie, and keep going. This is especially true if you're undergeared and less experienced as a torched pet is far less forgiving when the ole RNG comes to bite you in the ass.

@unsung, you on blue on green?
Kk good to know

Green
Old 09-23-2022, 01:08 PM
Banned

I was never all that impressed with mob dps until they started hitting for above 100 each

They all swing pretty slow. People on forums would say enchanter animation is bad when compared to charmed mobs at any level above like 25. It never seemed all that true to me. Sure the animation hits for less but they hit significantly more often and faster, and this is before giving them two weapons and haste. But I dunno, I’ve never bothered to parse them or anything. But they swing much faster and seem to hit with better consistency. Charmed mobs miss A LOT

That being said, animation pet to me is terrible for leveling because you can’t control it, it’s extremely boring (just slow the mob and sit on your ass doing nothing), and is guaranteed to eat 50% exp unless you want to try to blur the mob, which wastes time and mana

But in terms of damage? I dunno, I think it’s closer or ahead all they up to around 45-50ish
Old 09-23-2022, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Animation is too squishy
Old 09-23-2022, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Animation is too squishy
Yeah you have to slow every mob which I wouldn’t be doing when charm soloing. But once the mob is slowed the animation was able to tank blues all the way to 50 for me

Boon of the garou helped too which I kept on it permanently and was SOOOO effing annoying listening to thing loudly growl every 3 seconds. I dunno how you all put up with the skeleton laugh. If I was going to be using animation full time I’d need to go deleting/modifying some sound files
Old 09-23-2022, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

The real question is why use animation at all when you can just do the charm soloing thing where you break charm and kill both mobs. One of the fastest leveling options out there.
Old 09-23-2022, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The real question is why use animation at all when you can just do the charm soloing thing where you break charm and kill both mobs. One of the fastest leveling options out there.
No I agree, there is no point, it’s terrible and terribly boring

But the thing can throw hands though, dps wise
Old 09-25-2022, 01:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do we have to babysit warriors through the levelling process? Can't they get Provoke?

Everytime I group with a warrior, I groan with frustration, and then watch as both DPS and slowers proceed to pull of them and make a mess of things.
This is that old towelboy thing. Playing a cleric is just being the warriors towelboy since they heal. Being a tank is being the groups towelboy while they do damage.

You have roles and you work together as a team.

Warriors are the best mitigators, but they come with poor threat gen, so you use root to make their mitigation get used well and the healer heals them. Warriors are great.

Snap tanks have better threat but lose out in other areas.

You aren't babysitting the warrior any more then they are babysitting you. Its teamwork.
Old 09-25-2022, 05:15 AM
Kobold

blah ik its not classic, but cant the quests that were spose to be done in classic but SOE were morons and didnt finish the quests till people realized they didnt. all the iksar quests should be allowed on p99. whistling fists, etc. Think people need to take a step back and say, hey those things wont ruin classic just cuz the idiots at SoE didnt finish their jobs because SONY wanted to keep making money as fast as possible.
Old 09-25-2022, 11:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is that old towelboy thing. Playing a cleric is just being the warriors towelboy since they heal. Being a tank is being the groups towelboy while they do damage.

You have roles and you work together as a team.

Warriors are the best mitigators, but they come with poor threat gen, so you use root to make their mitigation get used well and the healer heals them. Warriors are great.

Snap tanks have better threat but lose out in other areas.

You aren't babysitting the warrior any more then they are babysitting you. Its teamwork.
As someone else said in the underpowered thread: all other classes are self-contained except for warrior.

Warrior should not require a person rooting for him in order to do his job. That is what I mean with "babysit". Paladin, Shadowknight and Ranger do not require having other teammates do their basic function in a group for tanking.

Did I ever imply teamwork wasn't involved here? I'm saying the warrior needs excessive attention in order to function. If someone is the slower of the group, they have to wait for a proc that might not even go off. Sometimes the warrior won't even have a proc weapon.

Warriors sure are "great" with a whole lot of gear and when they're tanking raid bosses, but they are exceedingly annoying to play with and poorly designed.
Last edited by Gloomlord; 09-25-2022 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: Fixed the last sentence
Old 09-25-2022, 11:27 AM
Banned

If there was no raiding in the game warriors would be bar-none the weakest most useless class in the game. I don't think many people would dispute that. The problem is P99 cares more about being "classic" (or so they claim) than doing what makes sense or trying to balance anything. The issue for me is they pick and choose when to do things the classic way and arbitrarily make non classic changes for whatever reason and it's typically not the type of changes players are asking for or want to see that would actually improve the QoL of the server and it's players. Such as making warriors actually able to generate threat and tank prior to max lvl with some of the best threat gen weapons in the game. I wish they'd just pick a side of the fence and stick to it. Either be classic in every sense or abandon any notion that your ultimate goal is classic and just do things in the way that makes the most sense regardless of what is and is not classic.