Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-18-2022, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is where you failed DSM. You assumed I hate shamans and therefore you.
I never assumed this at all, nor did I say it anywhere. This is one of many strawmen you have created in your head. I still find it amazing at how many fictions have been created in this thread that people assume are facts. You are projecting the fact that you keep saying I hate mages, which I don't. I have said many times I like Mages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My dislike for YOU is entirely separate from my sentiments on the shaman class. Unlike you, I can engage in abstract thought and understand that just because a shaman is god solo or in the right group setup … that doesn’t mean it is always the ideal choice for everything.
More projecting. I am the one engaging in abstract thought by extrapolating simple solo DPS data to a group. You are the concrete thinker who cannot think about DPS outside of group data. You cannot fathom the concept that you can output the same DPS in a group and solo. Your concrete thinking is precisely why you keep thinking my data is invalid, when it isn't.

Quote:
Am I a bit of a mage fan-boy? Yes. I will admit that.
This is the real reason you don't like me. You don't like that I pointed out Mages don't really fit to well here due to their limitations. You should be happy with my Enchanter/Shaman/Necro/Mage concept, since it does include them for CoTH.

Quote:
For 99% of group content and a 6 man group I would take a well geared warrior, cleric, shaman, rogue, monk and enchanter. Sub out monk for an epic bard if they are any good.
Cleric/Shaman/Enchanter work really well together, we agree on that. In a four man group you could do Cleric/Shaman/Enchanter/X and do really well, which has been my point since page 1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shaman Enchanter Enchanter Cleric. If you are planning on doing Fungi Tunic camp then probably swap 1 Enchanter for a Necro, so they can pull.
If you actually believed your ideas about DPS and redundant utility, your six man group would look more like Warrior/Cleric/Enchanter/Enchanter/Monk/Rogue. You keep saying Shamans are redundant with Cleric/Enchanter/Enchanter.

Honestly I am just glad you really agree with me. You just want to troll for whatever reason. Probably for fun. I think that is /thread.
Old 09-18-2022, 08:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More projecting.
You simply have not addressed/replied to/acknowledged/defended/challenged/attempted to refute the following:

DSM simply has not addressed/replied to/acknowledged/defended/challenged/attempted to refute the following:

DSM has repeatedly provided copy/pastes which simply do not contain any evidence or data of his Shaman performing DPS - or any other action/activity - in an environment/context/scenario that is (or would be) relevant to the discussion; hence his copy/pastes are irrelevant to this discussion.

While DSM is - seemingly - unable or unwilling to provide relevant evidence/data that supports his many claims/statements/positions (which change when he moves the goalposts & edits his posts), I have irrefutable proof of the following, which DSM has as of yet not addressed/replied to/acknowledged/defended/challenged/attempted to refute:

Here is irrefutable proof/evidence - which cannot be refuted, and which is self-evident - of DSM attempting to move the goalposts by bringing a 5th "pocket" character into his "arguments" (even though this is intended to be a civil discussion - not an argument) pertaining to the "Best 4 person all caster/priest group" discussion":

Quote:
OP never said you couldn't have a pocket cleric. I am not sure why people keep thinking this is not a possible route to take. Between four people it would be trivial to level a cleric to 39. It is pretty common for people to make pocket clerics on P99.
Here is irrefutable proof/evidence - which cannot be refuted, and which is self evident - that DSM attempted to accuse others of
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum:

Quote:
The post history is clear. You are now including cyxthryth to try and strengthen your https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum argument because you have nothing else. I find it highly amusing.
Here is my reply to DSM's attempt, in which I point out to him the irrefutable fact - which cannot be refuted - that DSM himself attempted - laughably - to claim (intentionally or otherwise) that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum strengthened his argument when one (1) single other person seemed to agree with him:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyxthryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your post would seem to betray that you are aware that you have moved goalposts, because you are now attempting (disingenuously) to validate said goalpost-moving by stating that it is objectively true that the OP's post "is general" and that this somehow means "you are not moving the goalposts" by changing the basis of the discussion (from being about 4 priests/casters, to being about 4 priests/casters plus X amount of pocket Clerics, or other pocket classes). It is not objectively true that you are "not moving the goalposts" just because you and OP both agree that the OP's post "was general" and that that somehow means "you are not moving the goalposts". That is simply you - laughably - claiming you (and OP) are correct due to argumentum ad populum hehe. This really isn't hard.

Please clarify what you mean by stating OP's post "was general"?
Here is irrefutable proof/evidence - which cannot be refuted, and which is self evident - that DSM has claimed:

Quote:
Assuming your group plays correctly, you will DPS the same way every time, the same as if you were solo.
Quote:
I am very confident it won't change in a group scenario.
Here is irrefutable proof/evidence - which cannot be refuted, and which is self evident - that DSM has also claimed:

Quote:
in a group setting, there are too many variables out of your control that can skew the data
Quote:
Once you add in outside variables, that changes the DPS equation NOT because of what the class can do, but because of what other players are doing.
Here is irrefutable proof/evidence - which cannot be refuted, and which is self evident - of DSM's post in which he claimed Troxx's numbers were way different from Allishia's:

Quote:
Also Allishia's numbers were way different from yours
Here is irrefutable proof/evidence - which cannot be refuted, and which is self evident - of DSM's post to Allishia when they provided their initial data in which he claimed Allishia's numbers were the same as Troxx's:

Quote:
Thanks for the data! I'll get the logs from you a bit later today. Just looking at it here, the numbers are the same as Troxx's data.
As I have repeatedly stated - it is not always clear to other posters what particular position/claim/"argument"(s) DSM is defending at any given time due to how often he has moved the goalposts & edited his posts.

For these reasons - which I have repeatedly stated - I am not sure which particular/specific belief/claim/stance/"argument"(s) that DSM is currently holding/defending/"arguing"; it would be helpful if he could elaborate/clarify/specify for the sake of civil discussion.

I am also not sure why DSM has continued to copy/paste his - irrelevant - data, after this exchange occured - which cannot be refuted & is visible and clear in the cleary visible post history - which DSM simply has as of yet not addressed/replied to/acknowledged/defended/challenged/attempted to refute:

Quote:
The reason why I am reposting the information is because the trolls are trying to hide the information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyxthryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. The content of your post seems to include a claim that "the trolls" are trying to "hide the information". The first problem is that your post would seem to indicate that you believe that information will be "hidden" if additional posts are made - that is objectively false/incorrect DSM. Even if additional posts are made after a specific post, the post history is - and will remain - clear hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Now that you have been advised and/or reminded of this irrefutable fact - which cannot be refuted - you should not need to continue to copy/paste to make sure your posts do not get "hidden" hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am also not sure why your post(s) would seemingly indicate that you think that the particular data/information that you keep providing in your copy/pasted posts - which includes data/information of your Shaman's performance in an environment/context/scenario that is contrary to the environment/context/scenario relevant to this discussion, as has been pointed out to you multiple times by multiple posters - is somehow relevant to this discussion. It is not. It is simply irrelevant for reasons explained in multiple posts by multiple posters (including in this very post).
Again, DSM - of course - continues not to (directly) reply to me for some reason, and has continued to label me and/or my posts as "a troll"/"trolling", without providing the definition of "troll" / "trolling" that he is using (nor what he meant by stating that OP's post "was general"), and whilst providing zero evidence to support his claims of my being a troll/trolling.

The ball is in DSM's court if he has relevant, factual data to support his various positions/claims/"argument"(s) - and is willing to clarify which particular position/claim/argument(s) he currently holds/"argues", as they change when he moves goalposts or edits his posts - and/or if he would like to provide the definitions he is using for "troll"/"trolling", "nonsense", "silly", "vitriol", "new" and "win" for the sake of civil discussion hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by cyxthryth; 09-18-2022 at 08:34 PM..
Old 09-18-2022, 08:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
I never assumed this at all, nor did I say it anywhere. This is one of many strawmen you have created in your head. I still find it amazing at how many fictions have been created in this thread that people assume are facts. You are projecting the fact that you keep saying I hate mages, which I don't. I have said many times I like Mages.

More projecting. I am the one engaging in abstract thought by extrapolating simple solo DPS data to a group. You are the concrete thinker who cannot think about DPS outside of group data. You cannot fathom the concept that you can output the same DPS in a group and solo. Your concrete thinking is precisely why you keep thinking my data is invalid, when it isn't.

This is the real reason you don't like me. You don't like that I pointed out Mages don't really fit to well here due to their limitations. You should be happy with my Enchanter/Shaman/Necro/Mage concept, since it does include them for CoTH.

Cleric/Shaman/Enchanter work really well together, we agree on that. In a four man group you could do Cleric/Shaman/Enchanter/X and do really well, which has been my point since page 1:

If you actually believed your ideas about DPS and redundant utility, your six man group would look more like Warrior/Cleric/Enchanter/Enchanter/Monk/Rogue. You keep saying Shamans are redundant with Cleric/Enchanter/Enchanter.

Honestly I am just glad you really agree with me. You just want to troll for whatever reason. Probably for fun. I think that is /thread.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 09-18-2022, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

This will be my last post. Consensus has been reached. The trolls simply don't want to admit it, and will continue to post nonsense.

Quote:
For 99% of group content and a 6 man group I would take a well geared warrior, cleric, shaman, rogue, monk and enchanter. Sub out monk for an epic bard if they are any good.

Quote:
Shaman Enchanter Enchanter Cleric. If you are planning on doing Fungi Tunic camp then probably swap 1 Enchanter for a Necro, so they can pull.

Honestly I am just glad you really agree with me. You just want to troll for whatever reason. Probably for fun. This is /thread.
Old 09-18-2022, 08:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
This will be my last post

Also LOL you actually think Troxx agrees with you? That's hilarious. You have a really odd way of reading things.
Old 09-18-2022, 09:02 PM
Fire Giant

DSM practically reveals himself when Troxx said he thinks Shamans are 2nd best class in the game, yet votes for mage in this hypothetical group.

"You keep preferring shaman over mage" -- exposes that he's doing this because we think the shaman is a bad class, rather than totally unneeded in this 2 charm group.

DSM, I don't know if you have a mental disorder or not, but you have issues regardless.
Old 09-18-2022, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This will be my last post.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-18-2022, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
We voted on whether a shaman or druid would be a better addition to a 2 enchanter 1 cleric all caster group.

—————————————————
POLLING SITES ARE CLOSED! We are looking for any possible missing absentee ballots but do not expect to find any.

Final tally:

Druid 4
Shaman 1
Tie 1 (with druid lean)

The community has spoken!

Best group is cleric + ench + ench + *other*

For *other* the results are as follows:

First place: a necro, another enchanter or a mage
Second place: another enchanter, a mage or a necro
Third place: a mage, a necro, or another enchanter
Fourth place: druid
Fifth place: shaman
Sixth place: wizard

I would like to thank the community for turn-out and participation.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-18-2022, 09:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
simply don't want to admit it
This will be my last post

DSM simply has not addressed/replied to/acknowledged/defended/challenged/attempted to refute the following:

DSM has repeatedly provided copy/pastes which simply do not contain any evidence or data of his Shaman performing DPS - or any other action/activity - in an environment/context/scenario that is (or would be) relevant to the discussion; hence his copy/pastes are irrelevant to this discussion.

While DSM is - seemingly - unable or unwilling to provide relevant evidence/data that supports his many claims/statements/positions (which change when he moves the goalposts & edits his posts), I have irrefutable proof of the following, which DSM has as of yet not addressed/replied to/acknowledged/defended/challenged/attempted to refute:

Here is irrefutable proof/evidence - which cannot be refuted, and which is self-evident - of DSM attempting to move the goalposts by bringing a 5th "pocket" character into his "arguments" (even though this is intended to be a civil discussion - not an argument) pertaining to the "Best 4 person all caster/priest group" discussion":

Quote:
OP never said you couldn't have a pocket cleric. I am not sure why people keep thinking this is not a possible route to take. Between four people it would be trivial to level a cleric to 39. It is pretty common for people to make pocket clerics on P99.
Here is irrefutable proof/evidence - which cannot be refuted, and which is self evident - that DSM attempted to accuse others of
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum:

Quote:
The post history is clear. You are now including cyxthryth to try and strengthen your https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum argument because you have nothing else. I find it highly amusing.
Here is my reply to DSM's attempt, in which I point out to him the irrefutable fact - which cannot be refuted - that DSM himself attempted - laughably - to claim (intentionally or otherwise) that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum strengthened his argument when one (1) single other person seemed to agree with him:

Quote:
Your post would seem to betray that you are aware that you have moved goalposts, because you are now attempting (disingenuously) to validate said goalpost-moving by stating that it is objectively true that the OP's post "is general" and that this somehow means "you are not moving the goalposts" by changing the basis of the discussion (from being about 4 priests/casters, to being about 4 priests/casters plus X amount of pocket Clerics, or other pocket classes). It is not objectively true that you are "not moving the goalposts" just because you and OP both agree that the OP's post "was general" and that that somehow means "you are not moving the goalposts". That is simply you - laughably - claiming you (and OP) are correct due to argumentum ad populum hehe. This really isn't hard.

Please clarify what you mean by stating OP's post "was general"?
Here is irrefutable proof/evidence - which cannot be refuted, and which is self evident - that DSM has claimed:

Quote:
Assuming your group plays correctly, you will DPS the same way every time, the same as if you were solo.
Quote:
I am very confident it won't change in a group scenario.
Here is irrefutable proof/evidence - which cannot be refuted, and which is self evident - that DSM has also claimed:

Quote:
in a group setting, there are too many variables out of your control that can skew the data
Quote:
Once you add in outside variables, that changes the DPS equation NOT because of what the class can do, but because of what other players are doing.
Here is irrefutable proof/evidence - which cannot be refuted, and which is self evident - of DSM's post in which he claimed Troxx's numbers were way different from Allishia's:

Quote:
Also Allishia's numbers were way different from yours
Here is irrefutable proof/evidence - which cannot be refuted, and which is self evident - of DSM's post to Allishia when they provided their initial data in which he claimed Allishia's numbers were the same as Troxx's:

Quote:
Thanks for the data! I'll get the logs from you a bit later today. Just looking at it here, the numbers are the same as Troxx's data.
As I have repeatedly stated - it is not always clear to other posters what particular position/claim/"argument"(s) DSM is defending at any given time due to how often he has moved the goalposts & edited his posts.

For these reasons - which I have repeatedly stated - I am not sure which particular/specific belief/claim/stance/"argument"(s) that DSM is currently holding/defending/"arguing"; it would be helpful if he could elaborate/clarify/specify for the sake of civil discussion.

I am also not sure why DSM has continued to copy/paste his - irrelevant - data, after this exchange occured - which cannot be refuted & is visible and clear in the cleary visible post history - which DSM simply has as of yet not addressed/replied to/acknowledged/defended/challenged/attempted to refute:

Quote:
The reason why I am reposting the information is because the trolls are trying to hide the information.
Quote:
No. The content of your post seems to include a claim that "the trolls" are trying to "hide the information". The first problem is that your post would seem to indicate that you believe that information will be "hidden" if additional posts are made - that is objectively false/incorrect DSM. Even if additional posts are made after a specific post, the post history is - and will remain - clear hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Now that you have been advised and/or reminded of this irrefutable fact - which cannot be refuted - you should not need to continue to copy/paste to make sure your posts do not get "hidden" hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am also not sure why your post(s) would seemingly indicate that you think that the particular data/information that you keep providing in your copy/pasted posts - which includes data/information of your Shaman's performance in an environment/context/scenario that is contrary to the environment/context/scenario relevant to this discussion, as has been pointed out to you multiple times by multiple posters - is somehow relevant to this discussion. It is not. It is simply irrelevant for reasons explained in multiple posts by multiple posters (including in this very post).
Again, DSM - of course - continues not to (directly) reply to me for some reason, and has continued to label me and/or my posts as "a troll"/"trolling", without providing the definition of "troll" / "trolling" that he is using (nor what he meant by stating that OP's post "was general"), and whilst providing zero evidence to support his claims of my being a troll/trolling.

The ball is in DSM's court if he has relevant, factual data to support his various positions/claims/"argument"(s) - and is willing to clarify which particular position/claim/argument(s) he currently holds/"argues", as they change when he moves goalposts or edits his posts - and/or if he would like to provide the definitions he is using for "troll"/"trolling", "nonsense", "silly", "vitriol", "new" and "win" for the sake of civil discussion hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by cyxthryth; 09-18-2022 at 09:21 PM..
Old 09-18-2022, 09:32 PM
Banned

Now that DSM is done posting quick summary of the thread for all the silent readers:

Consensus for best 4 person caster/priest group is Enc/Enc/Clr/___ some say another enchanter (my personal vote if we really wanna min/max) but situationally either a mage or a necro would be a better option. It is unanimously agreed that shaman has no place in this group if you truly want the BEST 4 person caster/priest makeup for the vast majority of situations. In fact most people seem to agree shaman is the 2nd least favorable option only beating out Wizards who unfortunately are just a really shitty class for grouping in general. Side tangents about warriors soloing better than enchanters and mages being a "teleport class" are comically false and I hope nobody actually took any of that seriously. I'm quite certain anyone that knows anything about this game got a good chuckle out of someone even suggesting those things. I hope this has been educational and thanks for coming to my TED talk!