Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 08-02-2022, 01:47 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Disabilities and P99

I often get the nostalgic itch I need to scratch when I think back to all the good times I had.
The issue I have about returning is about ability, I am a fairly disabled gentleman. I can manipulate a mouse and punch commands into a keyboard, but not swiftly. I am hoping EQ Will be slow enough to handle. As far as class selection goes I am hoping for input;

I managed to be my guilds MT in wow despite my issues, that has spoiled me as Far as looking for a group is concerned so I hope to play something necessary

Cleric is my top choice, I previously had a 30 cleric on blue, And throwing out a heal every minute is more my speed.
I have always wanted to start an enchanter though I’m a little worried about reaction time.
Bard would be good, while twisting would be near impossible via clicking, I would not be opposed to purchasing a macro keyboard and mouse, and would not mind recommendations, with selos and invisibility it would make travel a lot easier, navigating in dungeons is one of the more difficult things for me. But no pulling or kiteing
I used to play a shaman on BB back in the day, While it is my speed, And sow and invis Is nice.I would like to try something different

Mage/Necro/wizard would be a good back up

A puller would be out of the question

I also can’t type very swiftly I can do a mana check,
But I can communicate with discord though I might have to repeat myself. Is there any word on when green will be resetting/rolling over to blue? I only started playing with Kunark and have never played vanilla
Old 08-02-2022, 08:01 PM
Sarnak

I wouldn't try to talk you out of cleric if it's your top choice. You won't have much trouble finding groups or a guild, I think clerics are always in demand. Mage is a good second option for ease of playing and group desirability. I would also consider druid if you want to make some easy money porting higher level players around.

There's no official date for the next server launch, but I believe January 2023 is the earliest it could be. Welcome back.
Old 08-02-2022, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

I recommend maybe something like a Druid that can get you started and has traveling power. The style of killing things is usually root rot or a quad kite. Root rot would work well in your favor if mobility is an issue.

It’s a fun class and you can port as well as hold some pretty decent low level cash camps. It’s a good starter to fund an alt or a new main character if you decide druid isn’t your bag. Just my 2 cents.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 08-02-2022, 08:49 PM
Aviak

Seconding Druid. Root Rotting is incredible. A few clicks and a little bit of positioning and you can spend most of your playtime idling. Much less clicky and demanding than something like Shaman, Shadowknight, Necromancer etc. And the speed buffs and teleports truly open the whole game world up when you get to mid levels.
Old 08-02-2022, 11:01 PM
Planar Protector

Wizard. You can kite entirely with single key presses, stuns, root, bonds of force. And the class has the lowest APM of all.

Wars have to kick bash, pull and taunt. Monks require a lot of mobility and the most reflexes.

Rogue is also viable. And less important than having a supercleric who plays more like a paladin that can cast.
Last edited by magnetaress; 08-02-2022 at 11:04 PM..
Old 08-03-2022, 01:38 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I like that suggestion. I only thought of druids as quad kiting porters, with bad heals, so did not think of it, but root/rot works, and also SoW/invis

Though I will wait for the reset, I can wait
Old 08-03-2022, 01:39 AM
Fire Giant

Clerics get the most help.
Old 08-03-2022, 03:39 AM
Decaying Skeleton

As a rich druid I can BUY help. I already have $ in my eyes
Old 08-03-2022, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

I think cleric is the better choice, if you don't mind being group/other dependent. Root rotting on druid is insanely slow compared to quadding and charming and isn't really very good in the first place without epic and clicky drones bracer, but I guess its an option if you are only going to solo.
Old 08-03-2022, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Cleric is a good choice.

Basically anything but enchanter or bard.