Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 08-25-2022, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Serious question, btw.

On EQLive, they allowed in-era one way transfers from PVP servers to blue servers. This meant that there is precedent to do this. This would not include Blue -> Red transfers, as in the original vision, that was not something that was acceptable (level up in blue, transfer to a red server risk-free was considered out of scope.)

I have a 55 epic'd rogue I'd actually love to play again - even if on blue - but unfortunately, it's stuck on Red which has very little chance of ever seeing activity again.

Is that something the P99 staff would entertain at some point in the future? Given that the idea is technically within The Vision, I figured I would ask.

<3,
Secrets
I too have an epic rogue, 56 actually. He's essentially a dead toon, perhaps the most useless class to have on a dead 1 box server. Would love to be able to play him on green/blue.
Old 08-25-2022, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Park him in Soldung B and come pvp when I try fight sonic bats on my 57 warrior every week or so [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-25-2022, 09:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just fucking reset the server, it's the easiest way to do so and every couple of years just reset it. It takes the least amount of effort that way.
No one wants to start over on Red with a barely noticeable exp gain to have pvp enjoyment, where there's always a twink within a week to make the exp gain meaningless.

I had a great suggestion earlier with good response to allow any server to /copy their char over, gear and all, to pvp immediately. Heck, make it so you can't lose exp even on npc death. Let the sole purpose of this server be pvp.

People don't want to f-ing level on Red. They want to pvp.
Old 08-25-2022, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief419 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one wants to start over on Red with a barely noticeable exp gain to have pvp enjoyment, where there's always a twink within a week to make the exp gain meaningless.

I had a great suggestion earlier with good response to allow any server to /copy their char over, gear and all, to pvp immediately. Heck, make it so you can't lose exp even on npc death. Let the sole purpose of this server be pvp.

People don't want to f-ing level on Red. They want to pvp.
Coming from probably top 10 worst pvpers to ever grace red99, this is a joke.
Old 08-25-2022, 10:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Coming from probably top 10 worst pvpers to ever grace red99, this is a joke.
This guy's still salty that I was superior - that's why he remembered me.
Old 08-26-2022, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief419 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This guy's still salty that I was superior - that's why he remembered me.
Brokering it for a friend bro, pay the outlandish price.