Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 06-19-2022, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

Default How Much Should Post-Revamp Quillmane LR Go For

It has been a little over eight months since the Quillmane mechanic was revamped in SK (patch notes link at bottom) and while strategies and methods remain closely guarded secrets, it appears that the new pattern has been solved and a hand full of players are reliably spawning Quill again.

There is some considerable new complexity to speak of and without too many spoilers, here is a summary of the new challenge. Versus the ele calf and lioness pre-change which stood out like a sore thumb and largely made the camp trivial...locking down the PH's is now incredibly more precise and with a narrow margin of error. The area of PH spawn is now several times larger than before, well outside the max of ranger tracking, and once it pops, it immediately begins a zone wide wander. This poses significant challenge to both finding the first PH and keeping it dead. It can take an hour to find it, and a minute to lose it again.

I personally just solved the new mechanic this past week after probably close to 50 hours in SK over the months since the changes. Last week over the course of three hunts and a total of eight hours I spawned 12 quills and saw two cloaks. I believe I'll improve on this as I settle in and observe more PH behavior. Alas, this is enough success for me to feel comfortable offering peggy cloak LR again.

So the question I am grappling with is, what is a fair price for a post revamp peggy cloak LR? I would love some opinions and discussion!

50k? I initially thought that this revamp would drive LR's upwards of 50k, and I have seen a couple of WTS posts with that mark. It feels high and would likely deem a cloak out of reach for the majority of players who need it on a new fav alt or for their epic etc. That said, it's not my place to undercut someone who also spent the past 8 months and countless hours figuring it out. They deserve to be compensated for their effort. Also, supply and demand may dictate this to be the rate. Not sure.

20k? I feel 20 may be a little low. I estimate that a cloak is an average 4 hour hunt at current understandings. 4+ hours of laser sharp focus is going to burn out fast at 20k IMO.

30-35k? Still pretty high but may be a good middle ground.

Please let me hear your thoughts! I intend to post a WTS LR in Blue Trading sometime this week and would like to be aligned with the community on expectations of platinums. I am sure I haven't thought of everything, probably far from it...so new perspectives are also welcome. Post or DM, looking for constructive convo.

Thank you!

Briare Patch
60 Ranger
Vanquish

Patch Notes announcing the script change: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=394926
Old 06-19-2022, 04:33 PM
Fire Giant

Whatever people will pay. I think 20-30k is a good starting point
Old 06-19-2022, 07:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceparty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and while strategies and methods remain closely guarded secrets, it appears that the new pattern has been solved and a hand full of players are reliably spawning Quill again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZIuc6hKYrw

https://wiki.takp.info/index.php/Quillmane

Hope that helps
Old 06-20-2022, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

Yeah.. it does seem to take a bit longer now, but it isn't difficult nor is it some huge secret.

I seriously thought this thread was a joke at first. Am I missing something?
Old 06-20-2022, 01:32 PM
Banned

10-15k until it goes back down to 6k.
Old 06-20-2022, 02:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceparty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has been a little over eight months since the Quillmane mechanic was revamped in SK (patch notes link at bottom) and while strategies and methods remain closely guarded secrets, it appears that the new pattern has been solved and a hand full of players are reliably spawning Quill again.

There is some considerable new complexity to speak of and without too many spoilers, here is a summary of the new challenge. Versus the ele calf and lioness pre-change which stood out like a sore thumb and largely made the camp trivial...locking down the PH's is now incredibly more precise and with a narrow margin of error. The area of PH spawn is now several times larger than before, well outside the max of ranger tracking, and once it pops, it immediately begins a zone wide wander. This poses significant challenge to both finding the first PH and keeping it dead. It can take an hour to find it, and a minute to lose it again.

I personally just solved the new mechanic this past week after probably close to 50 hours in SK over the months since the changes. Last week over the course of three hunts and a total of eight hours I spawned 12 quills and saw two cloaks. I believe I'll improve on this as I settle in and observe more PH behavior. Alas, this is enough success for me to feel comfortable offering peggy cloak LR again.

So the question I am grappling with is, what is a fair price for a post revamp peggy cloak LR? I would love some opinions and discussion!

50k? I initially thought that this revamp would drive LR's upwards of 50k, and I have seen a couple of WTS posts with that mark. It feels high and would likely deem a cloak out of reach for the majority of players who need it on a new fav alt or for their epic etc. That said, it's not my place to undercut someone who also spent the past 8 months and countless hours figuring it out. They deserve to be compensated for their effort. Also, supply and demand may dictate this to be the rate. Not sure.

20k? I feel 20 may be a little low. I estimate that a cloak is an average 4 hour hunt at current understandings. 4+ hours of laser sharp focus is going to burn out fast at 20k IMO.

30-35k? Still pretty high but may be a good middle ground.

Please let me hear your thoughts! I intend to post a WTS LR in Blue Trading sometime this week and would like to be aligned with the community on expectations of platinums. I am sure I haven't thought of everything, probably far from it...so new perspectives are also welcome. Post or DM, looking for constructive convo.

Thank you!

Briare Patch
60 Ranger
Vanquish

Patch Notes announcing the script change: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=394926
I want a guildy discount and need like 6 cloaks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-20-2022, 02:27 PM
Orc

I don't have an answer but I've been leveling in SK this morning and theres been ALOT of people checking in on the camp.
Old 06-20-2022, 05:43 PM
Sarnak

15k for homie price
20k for guildy price
25k standard
30k for a bit of a hefty price
Old 06-21-2022, 08:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
10k for Alli price /nod
15k for homie price
20k for guildy price
25k standard
30k for a bit of a hefty price
Old 06-21-2022, 09:09 AM
Sarnak

50k broski price