Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 04-22-2022, 12:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes that was the deal they worked out behind closed doors a couple weeks ago.

russia will leave kyiv and western regions, and they will annex the eastern donbas areas.

black sea real estate is where all the hot shit is at anyway, the energy, the infrastructure to process it, the other manufacturing/raw materials processing facilities, all of that shit is in the east along the black sea.

but in the mean time they'll put on a good show of war theater for the world, so that we don't write off ukrainians as cowards, and then Putin can go back to his oligarchs and be like, "see i told you this would work"

in the end, it looks like everyone wins, Putin gets his pat on the back, 2/3 of ukraine gets to remain a sovereign-ish nation

all the while thousands of innocent people die while the biggest atrocity of all goes unpunished: Me paying 150% more on gas than 2 years ago.
I certainly trust one of your hot tips fresh from /pol/ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-22-2022, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes that was the deal they worked out behind closed doors a couple weeks ago.

russia will leave kyiv and western regions, and they will annex the eastern donbas areas.

black sea real estate is where all the hot shit is at anyway, the energy, the infrastructure to process it, the other manufacturing/raw materials processing facilities, all of that shit is in the east along the black sea.

but in the mean time they'll put on a good show of war theater for the world, so that we don't write off ukrainians as cowards, and then Putin can go back to his oligarchs and be like, "see i told you this would work"

in the end, it looks like everyone wins, Putin gets his pat on the back, 2/3 of ukraine gets to remain a sovereign-ish nation

all the while thousands of innocent people die while the biggest atrocity of all goes unpunished: Me paying 150% more on gas than 2 years ago.
This is just so stupid there are no words
Old 04-22-2022, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I certainly trust one of your hot tips fresh from /pol/ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
other than my quip about gas prices, which in the grand scheme of things really is no big deal at all, what I outlined is exactly how the world works, behind closed doors.

to see such things requires an intuitive mind, one that refuses to believe the thin veil that the world constructs for itself.

Yeah, its dirty and its nasty and usually just fuckin' sucks, but this is how the powers that be play their infinite chess game, where entire nations are merely pawns.

If you are incapable of grasping this concept, then please return to your couch, your netflix, and your cafe latte and leave pondering the matters of geo-politics to smarter men.
Old 04-22-2022, 01:10 AM
Planar Protector

I definitely think our response was designed more to show that we respond, rather than to actually fight for Ukraine. I also think we all believed Ukraine would fall in a week. The fact that they didn’t made it seem like maybe, just maybe, they’d eke out a victory

Doesn’t look like it though. Sad
Old 04-22-2022, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I definitely think our response was designed more to show that we respond, rather than to actually fight for Ukraine. I also think we all believed Ukraine would fall in a week. The fact that they didn’t made it seem like maybe, just maybe, they’d eke out a victory

Doesn’t look like it though. Sad
yeah its a numbers game. one big army vs. a small army, even tho the big army sucks at life, it still has the numbers to keep going until they exhaust all resources of the smaller army, its a strategy called attrition, usually tho a smaller force employs attrition strategies against the larger ones, but seeing as how that the russian army is fuckin' incompetent, they are just grinding ukrainian forces down bit by bit until there will not be enough forces left to fight for the donbas regions, at which time they simply annex and declare victory.

honestly i still can't wrap my head around how ridiculously horrible the russian army is performing, its almost as though its a feint for some upcoming real fight, where hordes of high skill russian soldiers wash across the face of the earth with cutting edge tech that the USA hasn't even imagined yet.

that scenario is the only one that makes sense if we are to still believe the decades of, "Russia is the #2 military threat"

shit. if that's the #2 threat, then the #3 threat must just be guys with slingshots and mean words.
Old 04-22-2022, 02:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
144,000 is a weird number of rounds to send, I’ll give you that. Or to bring it up as if it were worth mentioning by the president’s press person
The number feels biblical cos it is 12 square thousand. Its probably packed in numbers based around 3s and 4s ...

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-22-2022, 03:42 AM
Planar Protector

If Ukraine was sitting on a lot more oil you'd see Uncle Joe landing 100k+ troops within a week.
Old 04-22-2022, 07:26 AM
Planar Protector

very cynical view of the world
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 04-22-2022, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
very cynical view of the world
Have you read its history?
Old 04-22-2022, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's stupid is the world is willing to let him just take it, like he took Crimea.

1938 Sudetenland anyone?

I say let him have Donbas as that's going to be a hot bed of insurgencies and bad blood for generations after this invasion if they don't. They don't want to be a part of Ukraine anymore and after this the rest of Ukraine is going to hate anything and everything to do with Russia, which is basically what the Donbas region is.

But to let him conquer southern Ukraine because nobody wants to start a war? Yeah, 1938 is calling.