Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 08:51 PM
Aviak

Default Bard Question

Hello,

I am a 40th season bard and I do not swarm kite lol. I pretty much Charm kill and fear kite. I have walrus skin drums and my weapons are BoH and guardians Mace. At what point should I stop swinging the weps and just use my songs to bring down mobs? I also have SCHW for worn haste if that matters.

Sorry for the random question. I took a huge break from the game and am getting back into it.

Thanks
Old 12-02-2021, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Test it yourself, but I think if you aren't getting hit by a mob (its feared) then there is no reason to stop using weapons on that mob.

If you're charming I'd stay away your pet is gunna take care of biz for you.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-02-2021, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

Charming is more efficient but it can get boring so I would switch to face tanking / melee for a while. Also kinda depends on your other gear. After beating down a blue with weapons do you have any downtime to regen song back or are you good to go right away. If there is downtime, maybe just stick with charming
Old 12-02-2021, 02:44 PM
Aviak

I have a full set of the Koada mithril armor (Light Blue Color). decent AC, but yeah there is down time if I am taking hits.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

drums dots are surprisingly strong

fufil's, chant of flame, and at 46 chant of frost w/ that warlrus drum should be way better than your melee dps

i solo'd like this for a while on my bard....city of mist would be a good spot either now or in another level or two

it'll be a little dicey at first but as your charms hold for their full duration you'll be full clearing the entire entrance area....i was solo full-clearing stables by 43/44, and at 46 with chant of frost you can basically go solo moat

just stick to the entrance until you get it down....nice thing about CoM is you can always just selo's and boogie to the exit and try again
Last edited by Toxigen; 12-02-2021 at 04:28 PM..
Old 12-02-2021, 05:03 PM
Aviak

Awesome! THanks I will head to CoM and give it a shot. I still output pretty decent damage with the weps, SCHW and jonthans whistling warsong. But in CoM, since there will be less space to play around with, I will just charm kill.
Closed Thread