Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 03:17 PM
Aviak

How to get through locked doors without a rogue, I’m pretty sure it still works.
Old 04-22-2021, 03:19 PM
Banned

Standing on the big firepyramid smithy thing in akanon and killing a lvl 20 bard npc with lifetaps at lvl 5.

#1 She wouldnt run to u
#2 the lifetaps landed pretty much every time if I remember correctly could not be resisted at all - I think this was the biggest selling point of being a necro.
Old 04-22-2021, 03:40 PM
Server GM

In Luclin, you could stand on the lifted ledge near a zone line and the mobs would not move or attack. I would get KEI and blow up all the mobs on my Wizard. I ended up doing this for a couple days until I had a guide suspend me for 24 hours.
Old 04-22-2021, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

P99 GM is a self proclaim CHEATER, burn the witch
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-22-2021, 04:39 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-22-2021, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's not really god created the universe and it is perfect! <3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-22-2021, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Hmm. Where to begin. There were a lot of places you could get NPCs stuck. They cleaned up a most of these towards the end of the open beta and introduced the NPC "teleport" like ability as well. The first level 50 in the beta was a wizard who was notorious for abusing these. In the closed and much of the open beta they still had no caps on AoE spells so if he could pull a train of mobs and get them stuck in one of these spots he could just AoE dozens at the same time.

I knew at least 3 different dupes, one of which is the only one I'll share because it's one I know doesn't currently work on p99 and it very easy and quick to explain.

So you had to go to a zone that had a boat in it. Make sure you were NOT bound n the zone. You had to wait at least 10 or 15 mins in the zone. My guess is the server was making some kind of "backup" save of all characters every 10-15 mins. Once you have waited a good 10-15 mins and the boat is now docked, you simply ran onto the boat at that point and then you needed to die somehow .Simply aggroing an NPC before you jump on the boat would work.

So you'd die but instead of being naked you would have all of your stuff and additionally you would have another corpse waiting for you at the docks that had a complete second set of all your stuff.

There all the "safe spot" teleports, even people who knew about them usually only knew one or two of the more useful ones, like the ones in the keranas that could save you a lot of walking tine. The truth is virtually every zone in the game had one or more spots where you could invoke one of these safe spot telelports. essentially they implemented some kind of code where if you went past a certain limit on the Z, X, or Y axes the game would assume you were "out of bounds" and teleport you to a safe spot. They had hoped this would also prevent the problem of people falling through the world but they had tested this code purely in-house which meant everyone testing it had nearly perfect connections to the server -- not the incredibly awful ping many people had back in the day dialing up throw AoHell. So people with bad connections would often still fall trough the earth and go splat before the "out of bounds" code kicked in.

you could lull some NPCs and pull their pets without the aggroing them it was combination of timing, level difference, and strength of the lull. Some of the pathing was so buggy you would find NPCs you could kill their pet without even needing lull at all because the pet would be out of the "assist range" of pet owner. The goblin shamans in lake rathe and oasis would commonly glitch out of the water and were examples of this, but by far the most notorious one one was the sphinx on the hill in rathe mountains. you'd have entire groups of people camping out his animations non-stop.

In classic time period when you were charmed by an NPC, they would buff you with whatever buff s they had. Now, shaman actually had charm for ahilw and classic, not only that but the level caps on spells do not apply to NPCs .. so a shaman mob using charm could charm someone else the way up to 50 at that time. Some peeople would purposely let themselves get charmed so the shamans would give them SoW -- even SoW in dungeons since npcs also do not obey the limitations on outdoor only spells either. I used this a ton with chief goonda whenever I had to make the long ass trip out to everfrost and couldn't find a SoW from a player.

maybe ill add some more later if have the time(motivation) but this is a pretty good start, I think..
Old 04-22-2021, 06:23 PM
Banned

Old 04-22-2021, 07:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In Luclin, you could stand on the lifted ledge near a zone line and the mobs would not move or attack. I would get KEI and blow up all the mobs on my Wizard. I ended up doing this for a couple days until I had a guide suspend me for 24 hours.
You could also do this on certain boulders all across luclin. The mobs wouldn’t register a path and just stand there right at the base of the Boulder.

Don’t worry I won’t tell anyone how to get through locked doors.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:49 PM
Banned

ok
Closed Thread