Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 09:57 PM
Aviak

Default Challenge Complete: Solo, Self-Found (SSF) Classic-only Warrior, 1-50

I had a few people ask me to make a forum thread about my latest solo challenge, so I decided to do a quick write-up here.

Hello. I am a crazy person, it's nice to meet you. I play this game almost entirely solo most of the time and I enjoy solo challenges.

Last year I decided to start a new side project on Green and I figured I'd try a new challenge: Solo, Self-Found Dark Elf Warrior, Classic only.

I chose Dark Elf as they have among the worst starting stats for a Warrior and also have evil faction. I turned in my Tome of Order and Discord at Level 1 to avoid getting buffed or healed by other players. This also means I could never change my starting bind point of Nektulos Forest.

Even though the Kunark expansion came out during the challenge, I decided to keep all leveling and strategies Classic-only. As with any SSF challenge, I would only solo, and only use what equipment and items I could make, quest, or find myself.

When I started in August 2020, I figured if I made it to Level 20, that would be a pretty neat accomplishment. I didn't have high hopes for the worst class/race in the game for soloing.

This past Sunday I reached my end goal of Level 50, screenshot enclosed.

I wanted to post this to express my thanks that this project exists, and to show that while raiders challenge themselves and each other to push for competitive advantages, there are also other ways by which players challenge themselves to accomplish very strange and interesting things within this game.

Note: some of this challenge was informed by Kich869 aka EchoLocation8's Solo Warrior Guide, but I did this challenge without the help of the combat bind wound technique (which was nerfed before I even created this character) and a lot of the early levels involved faction work, as my Dark Elf was KOS in many areas that I needed to access. My thanks to their guide for making me consider that soloing a Warrior might even be possible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ytinas50.jpg (22.8 KB, 449 views)
Old 04-12-2021, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

Definitely more interesting and impressive than hoarding 1k gnoll scrolls.
Old 04-12-2021, 10:13 PM
Sarnak

A true hero of yore. I raise a drink to your feats tonight Ytinas T’sol of Nektulos!
Old 04-12-2021, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Very good job, as a dark elf no less,

I could never do that

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 04-12-2021, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

Nice dedication, and grats! I'm curious what equipment you ended up with. Looks like a good bit of chain. Was crafted armor (quest I mean, not tradeskilled) not soloable?
Old 04-12-2021, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

Grats! This is neat.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:24 PM
Fire Giant

Imagine if you just like , drove Uber or something productive with all that time. You'd have ten thousand dollars
Old 04-12-2021, 11:26 PM
Sarnak

Yes, I am curious about what gear you ended up with, and would love to hear some of the highlights of the quest.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:14 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice dedication, and grats! I'm curious what equipment you ended up with. Looks like a good bit of chain. Was crafted armor (quest I mean, not tradeskilled) not soloable?
I am wearing crafted gauntlets, arms and legs. I tried to make a go at crafted breastplate but it was too difficult to sneak into Mistmoore Castle, even with levitate. I didn't opt to try for the other pieces. Because my base STR is so low as a Dark Elf, I had to prioritize strength gear and low weight - hence the Topknot Headband, Bracers of Erollisi and Hero Bracers. I spent a long time (2+ months) leveling in South Karana and managed to kill three Quillmanes (and died once to one), one of which had the Pegasus Feather Cloak. Most importantly for the build was the Axe of the Slayers and the Mithril Plated Girth (a five-week camp for me) from Grazhak the Berserker in Rathe Mountains and a Runed Oak Bow from SK for kiting, which became essential in the later levels after I could no longer stand toe-to-toe with mobs that gave exp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine if you just like , drove Uber or something productive with all that time. You'd have ten thousand dollars
I live in a rural area, so no Uber. I have a modest-paying but high-stress job that is fulfilling. I often play at sporadic times, so grouping is hard. I also really like soloing, and soloing is a great way to unwind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodyLich666 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, I am curious about what gear you ended up with, and would love to hear some of the highlights of the quest.
I listed most of the gear there earlier, but some of the highlights included grinding for days in Kithicor Woods off of orcs to get enough Highpass faction to hunt a PGT, killing that Quillmane for the cloak, helping a bunch of people in EK figure out the Hill Giant spawns (need to add that to the wiki eventually), and beating Trazdon in Najena for the pants with 10 HP remaining.

Also getting glorious revenge on Tarn Bearcrusher many, many times.
Last edited by loserofgame; 04-13-2021 at 12:17 AM..
Old 04-13-2021, 12:44 AM
Fire Giant

Was honestly expecting a troll warrior when I clicked this. It would be the route I'd take if I ever tried to solo on a warrior. I'd be interested to see a level-by-level account of your journey there. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm very impressed by this. You are a credit to the Indigo Brotherhood and to our Lord Innoruuk!
Closed Thread