Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 11:50 AM
Banned

yaks should be worth about 500 plat like they are in aradune, unfortunately its only possible for 1 group of idiots to farm the ghoul lord due to no instances and im sure children sit there and fight over it
Old 07-10-2020, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

The market price is distorted by the quasi-monopoly (or at least barriers to entry) to farm them yourself.

The price at 8500 was high compared to other items only a few weeks ago. With sky and planes farming the price ought to be falling (but hasn't much yet). OFC, the value of one if you need it is still equal to or higher than pretty much any other wep (due to vanilla's lack of a substitute good).

Eventually, they will fall below 500pp to whatever the merchant price is for them (250ish pp?) creating a built in price floor that will never go away.

I believe I bought a yak on blue for my warrior in sky era for about 7k...so the price isn't stupid high, but definitely seeing the effects of intentional farming imo.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

I'd also add that prices on high end items tend to be very sticky. Nobody who has a ssoy for sale wants to get less than they hoped for, and for now they don't. We'll start seeing creeping prices in off hours from the rare guy that wants to sell fast...when that guy starts selling for 2-3k less than the current market price it is time...
Old 07-10-2020, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Genuine question; how does sky help out warriors with yaks?

Sure, Dagas is badass in many ways and with decent white damage ... no aggro proc, and requires defeating the bee island just to spawn the mob which drops one of the components... not that I have any doubts the forerunners of green will find a way to defeat bee island. Is there another weapon from sky that I am overlooking? Or from another plane?

The real killer of YaKs is the rogue epic. This quest adds a better ykesha weapon and a really rather decent secondary slot aggro proc with respectable ratio both perfect for warriors.

CoM also drops an 8/22 snare dot, which isn't shabby in kunark levelling terms. It will end the aggro proc monopoly.
Old 07-10-2020, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

The YAK on live had value after kunark but mostly because of its status as the best item in the game that perpetuated through, despite being pretty shitty in kunark era.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 07-10-2020, 01:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe I bought a yak on blue for my warrior in sky era for about 7k...so the price isn't stupid high, but definitely seeing the effects of intentional farming imo.
I have seen yaks advertised for 7k pretty consistently in EC and even a few for 6.8k. I bet you could pick a pair up for 12k if you really hustled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The real killer of YaKs is the rogue epic. This quest adds a better ykesha weapon and a really rather decent secondary slot aggro proc with respectable ratio both perfect for warriors.
Which doesn't come out until the end of kunark though. A lot of the good proc weapons in kunark don't fire until 50, so there is a gap for 30/40's warriors that yak is still good for. On live, all the 1:2 ration weapons were worth a ton. I think I paid 10k for a trak tooth in velious. So it's not like anyone still leveling will have access to them.

I am curious how it will go here, but I suspect the inflation of lvl 50 caster alts and nameds being perma camped will drive prices way lower than live.
Old 07-10-2020, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Genuine question; how does sky help out warriors with yaks?

Sure, Dagas is badass in many ways and with decent white damage ... no aggro proc, and requires defeating the bee island just to spawn the mob which drops one of the components... not that I have any doubts the forerunners of green will find a way to defeat bee island. Is there another weapon from sky that I am overlooking? Or from another plane?

CoM also drops an 8/22 snare dot, which isn't shabby in kunark levelling terms. It will end the aggro proc monopoly.
The desirability of being a lguk foolio decreases with the release of sky as kunark gets closer.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Lets all take a moment to remember in 1999 when players discovered a legendary weapon only the mean top teer players had obtained that looks bent and cool.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:30 PM
Sarnak

Crazy thought. If people want the yaks at a lower price get a group and camp the lord??
Old 07-11-2020, 12:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lets all take a moment to remember in 1999 when players discovered a legendary weapon only the mean top teer players had obtained that looks bent and cool.
OG Yak looked like Blood Fire in beta/early vanilla btw. It got changed to the bent sword around when PoF released.
Closed Thread