Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 01:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, how long is the list for 10-Dose Blood of the Wolf?
for those who dont know, SoW is 20% faster than J Boots, and that makes a hell of a difference running from a mob, or in crossing long distances.

Support your local shaman, buy SoW potions!
Old 06-10-2020, 01:21 AM
Planar Protector

Just to clarify...my suggestion to list it all doesn't mean that all /list camps have to be the rules used for manastone/guise. you could set up a /list mechanic to essential automate the system we currently have in place...ie, maintain a list...who is next...who can loot when it drops...kicking you when you get your item...etc.

It could even be that you can stay on the list queue out of game or out of zone for some camps as long as you get to the camp w/i a period of time, etc.

Basically, doing all the stuff players do (when they are honest) at a camp with a list...and preventing others from being dishonest and lying about key points (who is next, did the item drop? etc.)
Old 06-10-2020, 01:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
for those who dont know, SoW is 20% faster than J Boots, and that makes a hell of a difference running from a mob, or in crossing long distances.

Support your local shaman, buy SoW potions!
sow speed is caster level-based (you are the caster when you use a potion charge). iirc jboots are same speed as L9 sow (i.e. same speed as sow from L9 shaman). So if you are L50 a sow pot will give you a lot more zoom than jboots, but potion is not insta-cast and jboots have infinite charges.
Old 06-10-2020, 07:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...and preventing others from being dishonest and lying about key points (who is next, did the item drop? etc.)
Lying is classic. So is social interaction. People are so conflict-averse they want to set up a automated pez pixel-dispenser so they don't have to talk or think or receive absolutely any stress whatsoever. I mean there's plenty of single-player games where you can just dial the difficulty down to zero but it's better in a mmo so that way you can brag about the pixel that the automated-pixel dispenser gave to you when it decided it was your turn.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How can you trust people giving you answers here? Maybe they've created 6 forum alts to misdirect you about who controls the list.

I control the list. Trust me. Also, I see you're not on it. How come?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not guilty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes lets read a few forum novels on how a list works
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
no one is interested in list rules lawyering forum novels
hope this helps
also didn't read thanks!
Quote:
stating facts is a bannable offense?
Quote:
i know that banning players and stripping their gear to RMT is a bannable offense
i wouldn't advocate banning players for wrongthink
perhaps i would make a great GM
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
id vote for you as a gm because you would be pretty impartial
Quote:
he's ok
just misguided opinion on former corrupt banned GMs
going to call out delusional white knighting when i see it
thanks 4 playing
Quote:
i only play 20 year old games frens
Quote:
i bet you feel pretty silly right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lying is classic. So is social interaction. People are so conflict-averse they want to set up a automated pez pixel-dispenser so they don't have to talk or think or receive absolutely any stress whatsoever. I mean there's plenty of single-player games where you can just dial the difficulty down to zero but it's better in a mmo so that way you can brag about the pixel that the automated-pixel dispenser gave to you when it decided it was your turn.
Also players use to be alllowed to punish eachother by KSing and training and other things on live for quite some time. Bad apples and habitual griefers would get well... griefed back...

Now if u don't let someone in a guild it's the like the world is ending there's a forum crusade and bad things happen to you IRL.

We aren't even alllowed to grief the people we don't like anymore. So there is no incentive for people to be courteous equinanimous and share.

Peaple were moar polite when they couldn't buy their epics and had to get the entire help of the server for 1
Last edited by magnetaress; 06-10-2020 at 08:08 AM..
Old 06-10-2020, 08:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I used to think this...but this isn't conflict aversion or denial of the chance for legit social interaction in EQ. Lying isn't part of EQ. In fact, the original manual specifically stated that you can't do dishonest things in game and chalk it up to RP. If you do, you will be punished. Same for ninja looting...same for kill stealing. Lying to hold a camp isn't an RP opportunity, its part of the server rules that honest players get screwed on every day.

There are a small number of people who play p99 in a very parasitical way. These people have no soul. They don't care about the community or EQ. They certainly don't care about their server reputations.

On live they did chase these people. There were paid server GMs on the prowl. Without paid staff we shouldn't feel guilty about implementing a mechanic or two to compensate.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to think this...but this isn't conflict aversion or denial of the chance for legit social interaction in EQ. Lying isn't part of EQ. In fact, the original manual specifically stated that you can't do dishonest things in game and chalk it up to RP. If you do, you will be punished. Same for ninja looting...same for kill stealing. Lying to hold a camp isn't an RP opportunity, its part of the server rules that honest players get screwed on every day.

There are a small number of people who play p99 in a very parasitical way. These people have no soul. They don't care about the community or EQ. They certainly don't care about their server reputations.

On live they did chase these people. There were paid server GMs on the prowl. Without paid staff we shouldn't feel guilty about implementing a mechanic or two to compensate.

Shit happened all the time that went unpunished, it wasn't until Daybreak at the time started to selectively purge accounts that shit got really off the chain and u could actually get banned for training someone that was botting.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Shit happened all the time that went unpunished, it wasn't until Daybreak at the time started to selectively purge accounts that shit got really off the chain and u could actually get banned for training someone that was botting.
I mean, if you are advocating for allowing trains and kill stealing on p99 as part of the classic experience then yes we disagree...

if you don't want those things, then we actually agree in principal and just differ on where to draw the line on players being allowed to play freely but being held to the rules also.

IMO you should no more be able to lie at a camp under our rules then you should be able to kill steal, impersonate a GM, scam multiquest sales, harass players, etc.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I mean, if you are advocating for allowing trains and kill stealing on p99 as part of the classic experience then yes we disagree...

if you don't want those things, then we actually agree in principal and just differ on where to draw the line on players being allowed to play freely but being held to the rules also.

IMO you should no more be able to lie at a camp under our rules then you should be able to kill steal, impersonate a GM, scam multiquest sales, harass players, etc.
players should be able to negatively impact the rules laywers and guidos who monopolize content and get all butthurt they can't stay at fbss on a chain of alts for 3 weeks.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
players should be able to negatively impact the rules laywers and guidos who monopolize content and get all butthurt they can't stay at fbss on a chain of alts for 3 weeks.
Under what I'm suggesting a guild in theory could still monopolize the fbss camp forever (just keep passing it to another guildy when you are done)...they just can't lie about it to circumvent the already established rules.

You aren't entitled to just show up and eventually get loot. Players own their camp. They can pass it how they want. Just hanging out in frenzied room all day doesn't mean you will ever get to the top of the list I'm proposing...you'd still have to socially interact, etc.
Last edited by fastboy21; 06-10-2020 at 10:49 AM..
Closed Thread