Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 11:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh look at me i had full poh pog and skyshrine gear BEFORE ANYONE ELSE

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
The game is not hard now, aside from being a massive time sink, and I think anyone would argue that doing any content 20 years ago was significantly more challenging than it is now.

So yes, having a level 15 warrior wearing crafted armor pull Ambassador D'vinn and the entire TR turn around and rage and call me a noob because they died and I don't have twink gear is somewhat dumbfounding. Crafted armor wasn't even considered good twink gear 20 years ago, and just because I'm wearing Raw Hide armor doesn't mean that I don't know how to play the game. I guess this is also why I'm level 25 and this person is still level 16 despite being a twink and despite me playing a class that can't solo.
Old 05-09-2020, 11:59 AM
Decaying Skeleton

New / returning player here as well. Stopped playing EQ back in 2006 and just finally got P99 up and running yesterday. Created three new characters on Green and am just really enjoying the nostalgia of classic EQ.

Feel free to look me up for grouping, though all my characters are under lvl 5 at the moment: Areyus (Bard near Freeport), Tolarus (Cleric near Qeynos), Vorendral (Wizard near Neriak).
Old 05-10-2020, 08:57 PM
Large Bat

Im pretty new. Tons of alts highest toon is 11. Came from Agnarr server. Falling in love with p99 as I get used to the lack of qol hand holding.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

I leveled up to level 22 in 30 years
Old 05-12-2020, 05:39 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbados82 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I created a Barbarian Rogue and have met a few higher level people that were very helpful (shout out to Yuchan and Potatus) and I've somehow made my way to Greater Faydark at level 5. I'm asking out loud if any other players around my level want to team up, but they seem to be alternate characters that are powering their way through the content. Should I just quit now or are there genuine new players out there that are looking for adventure and friendship?
Oh snap, I grouped with Yuchan yesterday. Yes, there are new players. I'd say the majority have experience to different degrees.
Old 05-15-2020, 11:04 AM
Aviak

"New" in the sense that my highest level P99 toon is a 17 Necro.

"Not New" in the sense that I actually played EQ from release to Omens before "retiring".

Have been back to Live periodically to see how things go, look for old friends, etc. Not a fan of the game as it sets right now.

Played on Blue here and there.. had a 15 Monk with a Ton Po staff. Deleted and switched to Green, reliving the old memories and old spots. Would love to get the old crew over here but most all have like this life thing happening, no time for games anymore.

So other than the static group symbiosis (you get to know what the others will do before they do it kinda thing) I'm back in Norrath, this time an evil b*tch instead of a fluffy halfling. If I had know it was this fun I would have rolled a Necro the first time lol.
Old 05-15-2020, 12:17 PM
Aviak

I am new to green. I have been on the server for 4 days?
Old 05-15-2020, 08:35 PM
Sarnak

Yes and old friend and his son are playing.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:46 PM
Sarnak

I have a 50 Druid and a twink lvl 5 warrior and have grouped with a few real noobs at orc hill in Greater Fay. It’s fun and I enjoy helping and giving advice. There are a few bad apples out there just like anything else but far more friendly good folks willing to help! Jump in and get friendly with folks!
Old 05-16-2020, 07:46 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

There are certainly a lot of twinks roaming around already, but there are always groups (Even on blue there was never an issue with this and I joined Blue when Kunark was well into effect). Lvl 5 is kind of that ugly level, its slow solo and you aren't likely to find many groups. EQ has a habit of having some gross spikes in lvling.

Push through a couple more lvls and I can imagine you will be picking up groups np.
Closed Thread