Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2022, 01:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean ok, I know you can give the charmed pet a torch or w/e and haste it, but honestly that never really appealed to me for leveling for a couple reasons:

1. I don’t like dying
2. You have to give up 50% exp every kill. I’d rather break it and kill both, or if the target came our way ahead than that’s the new pet
3. Even all tricked out and a higher level, these guys seem to be only able to kill 3ish mobs before they are too low health, unless you want to be berzerking buffing them over and over which gets mana intensive. You can break charm and mez/blur them but that feels kinda awkward, kinda slow (waiting for their health to chunk back up)

I’m sure at near max level there’s some really underconned monster pets you can set up though, but that’s probably more for a fun factor or farming goal than exp
Like I said absolutely nothing wrong with not hasting or weaponizing if you're soloing and doing the break and kill method over and over. In this scenario though you're purposely not doing as much damage as you could be doing in favor of efficiency (and you're killing 2 mobs at a time this way). Your class is capable of as much/more damage than even those incredibly twinked monks. It just may not be the most efficient to do while soloing. Find a cleric friend to duo with then give your pets haste + torch + muzzle of mardu and enjoy absolutely demolishing everything [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]