Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-18-2022, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCtastic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really, the individual did have a chance to defend themself. Also, they were given a significant amount of time to own up to it, but instead, decided to lay low in hopes of avoiding detection, then waited until after they were identified by the CSR to patch together their hasty defense. If they were actually innocent, it’s more likely they would have come to us preemptively (at a minimum) to say: “I was involved in this situation and I wronged”. Instead, we now have this gem of an RNF post.

Also, for the record, if someone (besides OP) in guild actually confirmed they logged into Dhurd, it would have proved OP to be right - no action would have taken place against either party. This did not happen and we could not corroborate his claims.

This entire thread indicates that the decision made, based on all of the evidence provided, was in fact the correct one to make.

To the CSR team - Bravo Zulu
Well what's more likely, OP preplanned the comment to setup the screenshot or that you believe in a catspiracy theory? 🐾
Old 03-18-2022, 09:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well what's more likely, OP preplanned the comment to setup the screenshot or that you believe in a catspiracy theory? 🐾
Admittedly, our discord information management strategy, while it’s gotten better, can still be difficult for you to easily recall where things are pinned. As such, I’ve also screen captured key information and saved or kept it up on the desktop for ease of recall.

So yes, I believe that explanation over a grand conspiracy over GMs targeting someone who has only started playing this server as of Feb 2022.
Old 03-18-2022, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCtastic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Admittedly, our discord information management strategy, while it’s gotten better, can still be difficult for you to easily recall where things are pinned. As such, I’ve also screen captured key information and saved or kept it up on the desktop for ease of recall.

So yes, I believe that explanation over a grand conspiracy over GMs targeting someone who has only started playing this server as of Feb 2022.
Not talking about GMs.

You believe OP made a thread, left a comment, made an alt, and posted a screenshot - all to make you look bad?

Let's get a round of appaws for Felix Jones and his tinfoil ball. 😹
Old 03-18-2022, 10:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythrope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I requested the GMs reinstate the "Dhurd" account even though I don't agree with how Kitten leadership, or you, have handled this situation. You are quick to assume the worst, and throw people the the curb without a second thought. This behavior is not befitting of a "family guild" and that label should be rethought, along with Kittens' apparent god awful OPSEC if anyone that joins the guild has access to bots.

Good luck, I can understand why the GMs probably feel like they are babysitting adult children.
I didn't know Jussie Smollett played on this server. Cool stuff.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

and you people wonder why your servers suck so damn badly
Old 03-18-2022, 11:23 PM
Fire Giant

I could believe this and I used to get concerned when playing on a similar shitty laptop that I would fail a boxing test. It's also kind of doubtful though. Even playing on that shitty laptop I likely could have passed the test.

If you normally played on that shitty laptop you likely would have gotten good enough to use it enough to pass the test. I know I could have. Actually I really do think I even got tested on that shitty laptop and passed and the only reason I was using it was so my wife could power level me so I was borderline boxing anyway.

If your dog is playing EQ for you on a $10 laptop using VNC over a high latency connection so they can power level you then you're already 90% of the way there to boxing anyway.
Old 03-18-2022, 11:27 PM
Fire Giant

I'll add if GMs were bros they would ban the PL account and leave the newb account alone if it's questionable but who knows what they saw. The laptop trackpad and buttons thing is real though. I know I was good enough even with that problem though to easily pass the test.
Old 03-18-2022, 11:55 PM
Banned

so um guys, like um,*the player, who i don't know, who totally wasn't being boxed by me; power leveled me and also binded his up down left right arrow keys to something else, and that's why i... err he failed the boxing test on the laptop i know he played on but am not sure who he is

(OMEGA LUL)
Old 03-19-2022, 01:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not talking about GMs.

You believe OP made a thread, left a comment, made an alt, and posted a screenshot - all to make you look bad?

Let's get a round of appaws for Felix Jones and his tinfoil ball. 😹
nope.. i believe OP took the SS after confronted with what happened so he could attempt to continue using the bots after his inevitable removal... seeing as he wasn't kicked out of our discord for most of the day after our GL found out it was him.
Old 03-19-2022, 01:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarauderOHHYEAH [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nope.. i believe OP took the SS after confronted with what happened so he could attempt to continue using the bots after his inevitable removal... seeing as he wasn't kicked out of our discord for most of the day after our GL found out it was him.
How could he continue to use bot if already banned, genius?

You got holes in your ears?