Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 10:39 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profyx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jeez, Im like Superman! I wish this was true
Maybe a video of yourself using https://humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime would help.

Lets see them 100ms reaction times.
Old 02-07-2022, 10:40 PM
Aviak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seized - 60 Cleric
Astounding Pounding - 51 Druid
Old 02-07-2022, 10:41 PM
Aviak

sad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I dont know how to post gifs
Seized - 60 Cleric
Astounding Pounding - 51 Druid
Old 02-07-2022, 10:54 PM
Orc

10 seconds before the rolls begin the designated roller rolls a 0-9. That determines what starts the race.

If they roll a 0 race starts 0-99, if he rolls a 1 it starts 100-199, etc.

This is my solution.
Old 02-07-2022, 10:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twill86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
10 seconds before the rolls begin the designated roller rolls a 0-9. That determines what starts the race.

If they roll a 0 race starts 0-99, if he rolls a 1 it starts 100-199, etc.

This is my solution.
Changing the number that the script fires on is incredibly easy and can be done in a matter of seconds. This is not a valid solution sadly.
Old 02-07-2022, 10:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the proposed solution? I have nothing againt Spacepope or anybody else concerned about cheating. I want this server to be free of cheaters, boxers, and RMTers too. And I am not posting here because I am trying to defend Vanquish. If cheaters are cheating, they should be punished.

But if the difference between a cheater and a non cheater is 150ms, I am not sure how we can check for that if the cheater isn't doing something obvious like spoofing their packets. It is 100% possible that a person with an above average reaction time plays on P99, who is also living close to the servers.

Unfortunately with online games 150ms delays can happen, packet drops can happen, etc. There needs to be clear evidence of cheating for GMs to act. And even if the rules allowed for people to use the same program to make things fair, you would still lose to lag, proximity to the server, packet drops, etc.
I don't raid either and gain nothing from it whether new "rules" get implemented or mechanics are changed but I tell ya this knowing scripts can be ran makes the server "less worthy" in my point of view. Rotations are even worse. Only a Dev can make the solution which will be very unclassic anyhow and they've already coded it. Shadow step the mob on spawn entirely in random locations like badain then let it path to it's normal spawn point..kind of makes it fair because it's like an Egg hunt and you'll need trackers in every inch of Kael to spot it and you can't optimize a path towards it so even using a script would never work.. Or a straight up /random for Statue,Dain.. /shrug
Old 02-07-2022, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't raid either and gain nothing from it whether new "rules" get implemented or mechanics are changed but I tell ya this knowing scripts can be ran makes the server "less worthy" in my point of view. Rotations are even worse. Only a Dev can make the solution which will be very unclassic anyhow and they've already coded it. Shadow step the mob on spawn entirely in random locations like badain then let it path to it's normal spawn point..kind of makes it fair because it's like an Egg hunt and you'll need trackers in every inch of Kael to spot it and you can't optimize a path towards it so even using a script would never work.. Or a straight up /random for Statue,Dain.. /shrug
Oh I agree, I am not condoning cheaters. I prefer competition to be fair. My main problem is OP simply hasn't brought good evidence, or good solutions hehe. A /random for the mob would be a pseudo-rotation, so I wouldn't want that, and it sounds like you don't want rotations either. The shadowstep idea is essentially the same as a /random, as the server controls the /random roll as well as the random new location you teleport to. That wouldn't be done client-side.

The only reasonable solution I can think of is simply allowing everybody to use these kinds of scripts for races. As people stated previously in this thread, the initial start off the line isn't the only factor. If you don't practice the most efficient path to the mob, you will still lose. If everybody is using the same script it is "fair", but people with lower ping will still trigger their scripts faster, so there is no real solution to that problem.
Old 02-07-2022, 11:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread is why I come back to RNF even though I haven't logged into p99 in forever. Rarely does this forum produce anything worthwhile, but every now and then it's the 20+ page Olympics of Autism in here. Delicious.
I come to RnF whenever I get that itch to start playing again so that I can remind myself why I quit, it really does wonders, like driving past a homeless encampment to remind yourself why you stopped using drugs.
Old 02-07-2022, 11:29 PM
Fire Giant

Disable game logs. Remove bind sight from raid zones.
Old 02-07-2022, 11:34 PM
Aviak

the reaction test site is fun.. best i can do is 170ms or so
Closed Thread