Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Large Bat

Default Extremely rude GM behaviour on red server; quitting P1999

Every day after work, I log into P1999 to do some casual chatting with friends and leveling.

Lately, I've been playing a low-level wizard on the P1999 RED and hunting in crushbone. I've made some friends and had some fun and some PVP.

Today, I logged in to a huge crowd outside of CB. A GM event. Cool. Some nice high level players buffed me. Cool.

So I kept on leveling in CB... then all of the sudden a GM: "everyone leave the zone! NOW!"
Me: "Why?"
GM: "There's an event. Do it now or I'll kill you."
Me: "Well I'm going to die running out from the place where I'm at, so it's really the same either way..."

Anyway I did make it to the zone and luckily some pathing bugs save me. The GM did not kill me either. Annoyed, I went to sell at Kelethin.

I came back to the CB entrance to see what was going on, only to be nuked to death by a GM seconds later. Exp loss. Returned to bind point.

When asked why I was summarily executed given that I was a level 10 newbie standing outside of crushbone (not exactly an unreasonable place to stand for such a character?) I was told I needed to "GO AWAY BECAUSE I'M NOT LEVEL 40!"

At this point I was naked, down a bunch of exp (I don't play all that much so it takes me a while to level), and such. I was also furious. So I went back to Crushbone to get my corpse and said, "OH LOOK A LEVEL 10 STANDING AT CRUSHBONE! Oh no!"

I was then insta-kicked from the server. When I try to log back in now to either BLUE or RED, it says I am BANNED.

Based on this encounter, I have no desire to return to P1999 (who wants to work on a character when you can be insta-banned for no reason?)

But I wanted to WARN my fellow EQ-ers: do not spend your time on these servers. Because you're not a paying customer, the GMs can and will treat you like utter garbage and throw away your entire account simply for standing in the same place you hunt every day.

I do love the EQ community, so I wish you good luck and hope to see all of you around in other MMOs.

- Zellot 46 Monk BLUE
- Salien 36 Cleric BLUE
- Brezex 10 Wizard RED

Signing out.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Fire Giant

That's like police behavior there. Just because you have pepper spray, doesn't mean you need to use it.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomishfirework [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's like police behavior there. Just because you have pepper spray, doesn't mean you need to use it.
This incident, and the way it is portrayed, and the situation on Red in general, reminds me of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment
Old 04-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Sarnak

Pretty sad if it actually happened this way.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sad if it actually happened this way.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Kobold

That is really sad about what happen to you, I had no doubt that you are really telling the truth but it takes two to tangle. So far, I think the GM on Blue server had been working really hard to be fair, maybe it is different there on RED. Let be honest, Red and Blue players are totally different, especially the attitudes.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Screenies or it never happened, surely?
Old 04-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Sarnak

So now red is down to 99 players at peak?
Old 04-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Sarnak

So what I got from the story is the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP
So I was told not to be near a spot and then I went near that spot and got punished.
Then I went back to that same spot and I was punished further.
Therefore, I am quitting EQ and everyone but me is a jackass

- Eliphas Levi
Old 04-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scavrefamn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what I got from the story is the following:
it seems you forget about the need to gather your corpse, so really he wasn't it the wrong to come back to his body
Closed Thread