Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-03-2022, 03:59 PM
Skeleton

Default I read the PNPs outdoor camp guideline but still...

I'm very new, only a couple of weeks old but I've spent a good deal of that time hunting in Paineel. It has been a lot of fun and I have made more than a few friends by peddling crack, err, breeze then clarity to my fellow players in the zone. I've learned which spawns makeup which camps and even some of their respawn times. I have graduated from the SK Guild courtyard onto the 3 spawn bank camp.

However, it's really frustrating when a very high-level player comes and kills the spawns I'm trying to charm fight against each other. Last night, the same high-level player and I were the only two individuals in the zone. But still, he had to kill the ones I was trying to charm fight. I asked if they could hunt literally anywhere else as the zone was empty, and was told the sky is visible so they could kill whatever they wanted. I was frustrated so I just logged off.

I logged in today and was camping the same 3 spawns at bank camp. Charming one, waiting for the other pathing mob to come by so I can root it. Charm fight those two, while I medded back up. Then take the survivor and fight it against the third with my newly aquired enchanter damage shield. I don't have outstanding gear and I'm not high level so it takes some time. But the same high-level player from last night logs in and picks up where they left off by killing the bank mobs. Again, there are other spawns available. I ask the high-level person again if they could go hunt elsewhere, and get told the same thing as last night, that the sky is visible and so they can kill anything I'm not currently fighting.

So I give up the blue bank spawns that give me xp and move over to the green skeles in a different part of the zone. That high-level player leaves the bank camp and comes and kills the mobs where I'm hunting. He doesn't even bother to slay the bank camp spawns, just leaves them. The high-level player comes to where I am, and kills those at my new camp. I try to move back to bank camp but I'm still limited by my mana and my need to med after mezzing, tashing, and charming which gives the high-level player time to come slay the other bank camp spawns as I'm medding.

It just sucks and tbh it kinda ruined my morning playtime. It feels like harassment and certainly doesn't feel like they're playing nice but seemingly, according to the letter of the rules, it's an acceptable play style, and that is just a bummer.

Anywho, thanks for reading and I hope your day started off better than mine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-03-2022, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Name and shame.
Old 10-03-2022, 04:34 PM
Skeleton

I want to preface this by saying that I spoke with an officer of their guild and that guild officer was kind and understanding and even suggested I leave the zone and head for Highkeep or Kurns tower to avoid the high-level player and promised they would relay my concerns to guild leadership so I don't want the guild attacked.

But the player is Selush and their guild is Ancient Blood, the iskar-only guild. I think he is a necromancer but he is annomyous so I'm not sure as I'm new. Selush was doing this to others in the zone too. Which one at least also petitioned over the same behavior as I did.
Old 10-03-2022, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Iirc I’ve heard that name in negative light elsewhere as well. Seems like a real POS.

Also seems to not be very good at the game if the best idea he can come up with for farming plat is abusing newbies in paineel
Old 10-03-2022, 04:58 PM
Fire Giant

OP: Sorry that happened to you. Makes me sad when I hear stories like that. From what I'm hearing here, the server would be far better off without that guy around. I hope the GMs take action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also seems to not be very good at the game if the best idea he can come up with for farming plat is abusing newbies in paineel
Tbh the only real ways I know of how to make money as a wizard are killing OoT longsword sisters and porting people. But I also admit I'm not very good, maybe one day I'll find a better way. I certainly wouldn't try to KS someone else at that camp though.
Old 10-03-2022, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iirc I’ve heard that name in negative light elsewhere as well. Seems like a real POS.

I think that's the thing that irks me the most here, it's not like it's a class that can't solo so they're blasting low mobs for a little cash or something. They're a high level necro, you can be getting better xp / money / both virtually anywhere else that doesn't involve griefing newbs.

Fortunately in my own experience it's been fairly rare to run into these situations, so don't expect this to happen all the time to you acrostoa. I've been on p99 for years and have had very, very few issues with people intruding on my camps, MOST people are receptive and respectful to established camps.

Technically though, they're correct, in that they can just go contest those spawns. Sometimes you just have to take the L. I've had quads that go terribly wrong, consume way too much mana due to unlucky resists, the mobs start respawning before I can recover mana for another quad, and someone else comes in and rightfully takes the mobs because on this one particular repop I couldn't immediately grab them. It's a bummer but in those moments you have to accept losing the mob(s).
Old 10-03-2022, 05:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP: Sorry that happened to you. Makes me sad when I hear stories like that. From what I'm hearing here, the server would be far better off without that guy around. I hope the GMs take action.

Tbh the only real ways I know of how to make money as a wizard are killing OoT longsword sisters and porting people. But I also admit I'm not very good, maybe one day I'll find a better way. I certainly wouldn't try to KS someone else at that camp though.
What level are you? You can look towards quadding mobs that drop fine steel / coin, camping giants, quadding wyverns in Cobalt Scar or suits in Wakening Land.

The best way to make money in general though is to just get higher level, things just start dropping better vendor loot or gems/trinkets that sell for a lot to vendors, it adds up quickly.
Old 10-03-2022, 05:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What level are you? You can look towards quadding mobs that drop fine steel / coin, camping giants, quadding wyverns in Cobalt Scar or suits in Wakening Land.

The best way to make money in general though is to just get higher level, things just start dropping better vendor loot or gems/trinkets that sell for a lot to vendors, it adds up quickly.
53. I've quadded a ton on my journey to get there, from Splitpaw gnolls, EK guards, Spirocs and Wyverns. I haven't tried the WL suits yet.

They're good exp for sure but not really reliable when I need a serious infusion of cash, in my experience. I have yet to find a better source of income than OOT sisters and Rivervale guards. Porting can be better than that on some nights too. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by tadkins; 10-03-2022 at 05:17 PM..
Old 10-03-2022, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

Some of the dwarf guards in bb are quadable there’s like 12 spawns always drop at least 5 pp weapons plus a couple plat plus sometimes additional FS weapons as well.

Wyverns are good as they drop gems that can be censored for like 40-50pp usually (sometimes I think they drop velious class armor gems as well that can be sold to players for like 100 pp).

Suits are good too

Maybe you could quad geos by pulling them out of the caves but tough if shamans spawn.
Old 10-03-2022, 08:02 PM
Banned

You should always defer mobs to people who get exp from them

Wiping out an entire zone as a high level player for vendor trash drops is an empty-zone luxury only. It is not a right

Don’t be a dick