Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 10-03-2022, 03:02 PM
Banned

Default Are there popular, high-level Undead areas to level at in Velious?

I'm not too familiar with Velious overall.

I'm looking for good exp, high-level, Undead camps in Velious that a 57 Necro can solo.

I know, I should go to Howling Stones but the vibe is off. I'm not feeling it.

I need something else. I'm looking to practice my Undead charming and cutting my teeth at HS sounds like suicide.
Old 10-03-2022, 03:48 PM
Fire Giant

Frozen Tower?
Old 10-03-2022, 04:03 PM
Sarnak

Another Kunark zone, but City of Mist second floor is a good charm solo camp for your level. No casters to worry about and it's easy to recover/get a rez. I did a few levels there on my enchanter, bound myself on top of the arena.
Old 10-03-2022, 04:09 PM
Kobold

In Velious, there are only 2 spots with undead that I can think of.
Tower of Frozen Shadow & the Shades in Velkator's Lab past the lower dogs.

For Practice City of Mist is great and Karnors Castle basement isn't bad either. If you want a more open area, you can try charming by the rotting skeleton camp in Dreadlands if just for learning - open area and outside but exp will be less due to greening out and less exp.
Old 10-03-2022, 06:21 PM
Banned

I attempted to try KC for a bit, but I showed up right when Venril popped apparently...

I tried charming moat trash but the mobs were way too mismatched level-wise, so my charmed pet just wrecked everything.

I tried the 'pet sit' trick but the last time I tried that was level 16...doesn't seem to work at high levels lol

I'm very familiar with KC and CoM, so maybe I'll practice there more (I guess I'll have to head down to basement for higher level mobs) but the outdoor DL camp sounds interesting. I like the sound of that. Thanks
Old 10-03-2022, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not too familiar with Velious overall.

I'm looking for good exp, high-level, Undead camps in Velious that a 57 Necro can solo.

I know, I should go to Howling Stones but the vibe is off. I'm not feeling it.

I need something else. I'm looking to practice my Undead charming and cutting my teeth at HS sounds like suicide.
Watch the below video, and head to HS basement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpjhDVLiQYg

You definitely want a pre nerf CoS or goblin gazughi ring for those instant charm breaks. And always keep manaskin on 24/7. It's not worth neglecting this to save some pp here and there on dots. I'd move to West at 58 once you've mastered it, which is the best xp in the game. Be open to duos with other optimal classes which can actually increase your xp gains.

If you really still are afraid of HS after all that, then just go to CoM on the 3rd floor(up the invisible goo ramp) and get the hang of it there.

Good luck

Edit: when doing the conga line method he starts around 10 min on the video, I would put paralyzing earth in slot 1, because it will let you chain cast this with a cooldown reset item.
Last edited by Crede; 10-03-2022 at 07:36 PM..
Old 10-03-2022, 07:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Watch the below video, and head to HS basement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpjhDVLiQYg

You definitely want a pre nerf CoS or goblin gazughi ring for those instant charm breaks. And always keep manaskin on 24/7. It's not worth neglecting this to save some pp here and there on dots. I'd move to West at 58 once you've mastered it, which is the best xp in the game. Be open to duos with other optimal classes which can actually increase your xp gains.

If you really still are afraid of HS after all that, then just go to CoM on the 3rd floor(up the invisible goo ramp) and get the hang of it there.

Good luck

Edit: when doing the conga line method he starts around 10 min on the video, I would put paralyzing earth in slot 1, because it will let you chain cast this with a cooldown reset item.
Thanks, yeah his video on HS basement is great. I wish more people made detailed solo camp guide videos like that.

I think my issue is I'm just not experienced with basic charm kiting at all.

Maybe 2 to 4 hours on my Druid in Oasis? That's about it.

Luckily I do have a pre-nerf CoS and I feel like I'm slapping every other Necro in the face if I don't put the thing to use.

I've been Root Rotting nearly 100% of the time since 51.

I'll work on basic fundamentals and eventually work my way up to reverse charming and conga line charming. Which sounds fun but also difficult.
Old 10-03-2022, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks, yeah his video on HS basement is great. I wish more people made detailed solo camp guide videos like that.

I think my issue is I'm just not experienced with basic charm kiting at all.

Maybe 2 to 4 hours on my Druid in Oasis? That's about it.

Luckily I do have a pre-nerf CoS and I feel like I'm slapping every other Necro in the face if I don't put the thing to use.

I've been Root Rotting nearly 100% of the time since 51.

I'll work on basic fundamentals and eventually work my way up to reverse charming and conga line charming. Which sounds fun but also difficult.
Oh yea you're set with pre nerf CoS. It's basically send pet in, root everything, and deflux your pets to death when ready to break <5% using splurt as needed to balance health as demonstrated in the video.

Manaskin will give you that room for error, if you get HT'd, or having trouble getting a remez/root off or something. Have harmshield/FD ready if shit really hits the fan. Just so many ways to avoid death.

Honestly necro was probably the most fun I've ever had leveling a class. They are just so versatile. It is an insult to the class to not to go in a zone like HS when all the peons are stuck in places like KC/velks.

You got this, good luck!
Old 10-03-2022, 10:59 PM
Sarnak

There is a perfectly safe spot in North that you can camp in and out and med at and will provide better xp than basement with less work than west. Just get a north key and then head in and over the drop off. On that next ramp down, you can sit 3 or 4 floor tiles up from the bottom and on the right hand side as you face down it. If no one comes a long and trains you, you could retire there.

Caution about the fake rug at the bottom on the left though. That will drop you through to the basement hallways and usually mean death. Nice thing about it though is that if you are going to die, you could fall down there and die and technically have an easier CR since you would not need a new key to get to your body.

I did north up to a bit into 59 on my Enc after cutting my teeth a bit in CoM and HS basement until about 55.

Best of luck!
Old 10-04-2022, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Unfortunately its Howling Stones. Sorry you aint feelin the vibe broski.