Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-01-2022, 05:07 AM
Orc

Default Necromancy in other MMOs

Some which I've played :
  • Guild Wars 1 - Lots of minions, require corpses but they decay too quickly ,also cool epic spells like creating golems and interesting offensive spells like siphon life
  • Guild Wars 2 -Honestly, I din't liked much the minions in GW2 but many mmo fans like playing as an necro in this game.
  • Shadowbane - I played a bit as a vampire necromancer and liked a bit, you can have a endless swarm of pets but only have control over one of then. Can also charm undead mobs and get then as pets, the offensive skills are mostly unholy blast, a bolt of dark energy and
  • Ultima Online - Lots of cool spells. Be able to transform into a vampire or lich which lasts till death, but most spells are not offensive so most necromancers also learn other skills to fight.
  • Everquest (live) : Similar to P99, but when you get AAs, you get temporary swarm pets and can DIRE charm relative high level enemies. DIRE charms are like charms which never breaks. At raiding, you will be mostly "mana battery' for clerics and wizards. Wake the dead summons an deceased mob to serve you for a little time, swarm of decay summosn 3 skeleton archers to help you.
  • Everquest 2 : Similar to EQ1(live), but way more focus on "rotation management" and less situational spells
  • Age of Conan : Necromancers have 8 minion points and if they spend points into a skill tree, they can have 11 sacrificing his resistances for more mastery over undeath. Can also do the opposite and sacrifice all pet points for more magical power, essentially transforming the necromancer into an dark cryomancer using mostly cold and unholy magic. Each necromancer pet gets a minion template, so a "minion" of a undead mob is not as deadly as the n ormal undead mob, making the game balanced. Necromancers can drain lifeforce from his minions, sacrifice then for nasty effects lke AoE fear and so on. So far, one of the best necromancies in mmos.
  • DDO : Wizards which specializes in the "tree" of Pale Masters gets a tanking skeleton pet which changes the appearance after lv up, they can become undead with a shroud of vampire/lich/zombie/shadow and heal from negative energy and heal his pet, reanimate dead party members as undeads giving the "zombie template" to then and becoming able to heal then among other things. At epic levels when most f2p players stop playing, they can pick magus of the eclipse epic destiny. Lots of OHK spells on failed save or spells which damages enemy attributes and levels
  • ESO : ESO enemy necromancers are so cool, but honestly I din't liked player necromancers, they can tank, heal, dps but not be the master of life and death. In fact, sorcerers have greater minion capability than necromancers
  • Project Gorgon - Necromancers must be in a graveyard and spend precious reagents to raise the dead and also has other interesting life steal abilities.

Among this games, my favorite game is DDO but my favorite necromancy is in Age of Conan. ESO has the worst necromancy by far.
Old 10-01-2022, 12:24 PM
Banned

Age of Conan had a dick length slider.

EDIT: I did actually play DDO years ago, but I think I played the Great Weapon Fighter (or was that Neverwinter?) never tried the necro. I am now downloading DDO to try this out specifically based on your post, since it's apparently still free on steam. I assume with free mmos on steam that there's a soft paywall eventually.

I paid for ESO originally before it went F2P base but I never played it much. I loved Skyrim like everyone else, but somehow it being online felt wrong and I didn't like the flat feeling.
Last edited by Basanos; 10-01-2022 at 12:46 PM..
Old 10-01-2022, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Diablo 2 had necros

You got 20+ pets I think. My memory is like Joe Biden’s this week so maybe not
Old 10-01-2022, 01:11 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DDO years ago,.
DDO is quite good. I mixed pale master with eldritch knight and made an medium armored vampire necromancer.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Neverwinter mmo, I hated. I have countless hours of NWN1/NWN2 but could't play the mmo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Diablo 2 had necros

You got 20+ pets I think. My memory is like Joe Biden’s this week so maybe not
Yep. And a pretty great necromancy, but is not an mmo.
Old 10-01-2022, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

True
Old 10-03-2022, 10:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Age of Conan had a dick length slider.
I have nothing to add. I just wanted to highlight this quote.
Old 10-03-2022, 12:12 PM
Banned

WoW’s warlock was somewhat similar to necro, minion based damage, dot damage focus, using “evil” magic

Diablo immortal had necro and was considered an MMO due to all players being on one server versus joining games with only a handful of others. I played a necro on DI which was well-implemented but the game got super dull doing the same tasks over and over every day

A co-worker said his friend was trying out Cyberpunk2077 game and not only do they show male full frontal nudity but also have a dick slider, so the most common character he saw created were chicks running around with giant dongs
Old 10-03-2022, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A co-worker said his friend was trying out Cyberpunk2077 game and not only do they show male full frontal nudity but also have a dick slider, so the most common character he saw created were chicks running around with giant dongs
Par now for this hobby.
Old 10-03-2022, 12:19 PM
Banned

When cyberpunk first came out, the dick slider was causing some clipping issues in the groin regardless of the displayed gender

Breasts, too. You could wear a shirt and your boobs still just phased right through it

I gave up on that game, despite it being the main reason I bought a Ps4 in the first place. What a letdown. I wonder if it's better these days, I heard it was in 1.6 now
Old 10-03-2022, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
I wonder if it's better these days, I heard it was in 1.6 now
I heard they improved it a lot.

Same with No Man's Sky and Fallout 76 as well.