Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 09-29-2022, 09:48 PM
Aviak

Default Kael armor group?

Hello,

I am a 54 almost 55 druid and I was wondering if it's possible for me to get a group to into kael and get some of the eroded armor for the Rowyl's armor. I was wondering how does one go about doing that nowadays and how much manpower would it take to do something like this?
Old 09-29-2022, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Join kittens and get free set of hot armor, just PM zumbutu he will hook you up.
Old 09-30-2022, 07:54 AM
Aviak

Really? I thought Kittens was a DKP guild? I don't have all that much time to raid.
Old 09-30-2022, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

They are, but hot is cheap, you’d get it faster then praying for high rolls in tss for instance.
Old 09-30-2022, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonais [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? I thought Kittens was a DKP guild? I don't have all that much time to raid.
He’s being sarcastic
Old 09-30-2022, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He’s being sarcastic
Half sarcastic half truth, easy to get hot there.
Old 09-30-2022, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

I mean depends on what you define as easy. Meaning they do a weekly hot non-dkp run as well as occasionally an hot dkp run as well? Sure I guess in terms of total opportunities it’s easier but hot drops do not always go for cheap dkp depending on the drop and you could go to a weekly non dkp hot and not win a roll for months.

Not exactly easy
Old 09-30-2022, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean depends on what you define as easy. Meaning they do a weekly hot non-dkp run as well as occasionally an hot dkp run as well? Sure I guess in terms of total opportunities it’s easier but hot drops do not always go for cheap dkp depending on the drop and you could go to a weekly non dkp hot and not win a roll for months.

Not exactly easy
I’d take my chances vs random 1000 all the time, Least ya know eventually you’ll get it. Unlike random 1000 and spacepope still waiting 7 years later for scout .
Old 09-30-2022, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

If you're content with the Thurgadin set, you can (slowly) acquire it even in a duo or trio. Some giants in the bank area are known to drop it. The arena will usually require at least a group or so if people need the items as upgrades, and two groups or more will make it go faster (it can be a very tedious area, especially healer giants since the push-interrupt nerf). Raids for either Thurgadin or Halls of Testing armor can be a little troublesome at times for druids because it seems like there are always a billion monks soaking everything up.

Most pieces of the Thurgadin set are fairly affordable to buy via MQ. The chest is a little more expensive but even that's cheap for how good the click effect is. Odds are you can obtain the necessary platinum faster than you can obtain a set directly--a common reality in this game. It is exceedingly rare for pick-up groups to hang out in Kael arena these days. If you want to obtain Thurgadin armor directly, odds are you'll either have to bring your own group (hence why duo/trio areas might be preferred) or join a lower-end guild that goes to that area.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 09-30-2022 at 07:34 PM..
Old 10-01-2022, 01:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're content with the Thurgadin set, you can (slowly) acquire it even in a duo or trio. Some giants in the bank area are known to drop it. The arena will usually require at least a group or so if people need the items as upgrades, and two groups or more will make it go faster (it can be a very tedious area, especially healer giants since the push-interrupt nerf). Raids for either Thurgadin or Halls of Testing armor can be a little troublesome at times for druids because it seems like there are always a billion monks soaking everything up.

Most pieces of the Thurgadin set are fairly affordable to buy via MQ. The chest is a little more expensive but even that's cheap for how good the click effect is. Odds are you can obtain the necessary platinum faster than you can obtain a set directly--a common reality in this game. It is exceedingly rare for pick-up groups to hang out in Kael arena these days. If you want to obtain Thurgadin armor directly, odds are you'll either have to bring your own group (hence why duo/trio areas might be preferred) or join a lower-end guild that goes to that area.

Danth
Buying MQs is probably the best non-raid way to go. Or since OP is a druid, get a group of level 60 pals to go farm on the second floor in hate. The druid only Hate armor is identical to Thurg armor I'm pretty sure and just drops off mobs. Maybe get lucky and get the druid belt to drop, too.