Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-30-2022, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The druid epic definitely helps in soloing, but given that it's a 3 minute long DoT, it's about half as good as the shaman and necro epics that do similar damage in half the time.

I wouldn't necessarily say its a game changer though, I never felt like it opened up opportunities for me I didn't already have, just made root rotting mobs easier.
The -100 resist helps make it better for some stuff . -100 snare/dot
Old 09-30-2022, 11:16 AM
Large Bat

i feel like bard epic gets overrated a bit, especially if its true that the lvl 32 mana song is unaffected by singing mod as noted on the wiki (i definitely think its supposed to be modified so it could be a bug). I think when people lump bard epic in with the cleric epic, the mana song modifier is usually why.

Only other singing song you realistically use is a psalm to pump up the DS. Puretone kind of steals the thunder when its up since you just get 2.8 mod when you really want it, but obviously that has a long cooldown.

its a huge quality of life in the fact that you can melee and still have OK song power, but in terms of class power you would want to be equipping drums of the beast/lyrans mystical lute/PoSky horn right before the cast goes off. Its not really realistic for people to do that for hours on end, but its a technicality worth pointing out.

So if you only care about max instrument mods in important moments, but not having to do anything to get 1.8 mod, bard epic is a gamechanger in that sense, but technically not really a power increase. If you want to melee the only real requirement is having those primary slot instruments.

The groupwide haste/str/atk buff is really nice, so roughly equivalent to the enc epic clicky being kept up on a group of melee, i believe the str/atk also stacks with everything else so that is something of value in itself as well. Very good if you're thrown in a group with a bunch of rogues, but usually its mana song duty and you cant be both in melee range and in range of the clerics.

so all that being said, bard epic is definitely up there, mostly because half the epics really aren't that amazing but i dont think it's on another level like cleric epic is. I think rogue epic and monk epic (i guess with the assumption that they needed the haste their epics provide.) are way bigger power increases.

breath of harmony is also criminally underrated, especially if you're a primary slot instrument enjoyer.
Last edited by damaddar; 09-30-2022 at 11:27 AM..
Old 09-30-2022, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is pretty hard because after Bard/Cleric the classes in the middle could all be in the 3 - 7 spots. I wanna drop wizard down more but it's hard to rank others above it.

1. Bard - This is a no brainer, this is the only way to get a mod on singing, truly unique
2. Cleric - Changes raiding dramatically, so many reasons why this is good
3. Monk - Because it's a glove slot
4. Wizard - The rune effect / regen is good for every aspect of the game
5. Rogue - Easy to acquire, brings any rogue up to raid dps status when leveled
6. Magician - This adds a unique ability only found on the epic, useful beyond soloing
7. Shaman - Obviously very powerful for shaman, but mostly useless on raids
8. Warrior - Great epic, but there are sooo many weapons availible in the endgame
9. Enchanter - This is a great click, especially for wipe recoveries or LoM situations
10. Shadowknight - The resists,proc, and 2h bash are great, but it's too easy to upgrade
11. Necromancer - Stat stick, not very useful on raids
12. Druid - Stat stick, not very useful on raids
13. Paladin - 2hand bash is great, but it's so easily upgraded, especially for Tunare pallys
pretty close to how id rank em too...i think id go enc, druid, necro, sk, paladin for the bottom
Old 09-30-2022, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by damaddar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i feel like bard epic gets overrated a bit, especially if its true that the lvl 32 mana song is unaffected by singing mod as noted on the wiki (i definitely think its supposed to be modified so it could be a bug). I think when people lump bard epic in with the cleric epic, the mana song modifier is usually why.

Only other singing song you realistically use is a psalm to pump up the DS. Puretone kind of steals the thunder when its up since you just get 2.8 mod when you really want it, but obviously that has a long cooldown.

its a huge quality of life in the fact that you can melee and still have OK song power, but in terms of class power you would want to be equipping drums of the beast/lyrans mystical lute/PoSky horn right before the cast goes off. Its not really realistic for people to do that for hours on end, but its a technicality worth pointing out.

So if you only care about max instrument mods in important moments, but not having to do anything to get 1.8 mod, bard epic is a gamechanger in that sense, but technically not really a power increase. If you want to melee the only real requirement is having those primary slot instruments.

The groupwide haste/str/atk buff is really nice, so roughly equivalent to the enc epic clicky being kept up on a group of melee, i believe the str/atk also stacks with everything else so that is something of value in itself as well. Very good if you're thrown in a group with a bunch of rogues, but usually its mana song duty and you cant be both in melee range and in range of the clerics.

so all that being said, bard epic is definitely up there, mostly because half the epics really aren't that amazing but i dont think it's on another level like cleric epic is. I think rogue epic and monk epic (i guess with the assumption that they needed the haste their epics provide.) are way bigger power increases.

breath of harmony is also criminally underrated, especially if you're a primary slot instrument enjoyer.
Epic goes in offhand and those instruments in primary, epic is amazing and ya still get higher mod with primary instruments . Sorry you don’t got.
Old 09-30-2022, 11:52 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Epic goes in offhand and those instruments in primary, epic is amazing and ya still get higher mod with primary instruments . Sorry you don’t got.
i do got epic, i even got it on the offhand, but i do concede i am worthy of being on the receiving end of a sorry you dont got natures melody/warder loot/etc.

totally agree with you if the mana song thing on the wiki is inaccurate, but if youre not meleeing and using the good instruments, you're basically holding a cooler looking blade of carnage in the offhand.
Old 09-30-2022, 10:49 PM
Orc

I dont think anyone has even mentioned Ranger epics lol.
Old 09-30-2022, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

The Ranger epics are really good. I leveled my first necro in WL at Geos a bunch and it happened to be one of the times that Orna had deleveled and was leveling back to 60 so we grouped often... Epics + Skycloak are petty amazing damage output and the slow effect makes some shit that should probably kill you into easy mode
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 10-01-2022, 12:52 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

The game of Everquest looks ALOT different without cleric epics.
Old 10-01-2022, 06:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Ranger epics are really good. I leveled my first necro in WL at Geos a bunch and it happened to be one of the times that Orna had deleveled and was leveling back to 60 so we grouped often... Epics + Skycloak are petty amazing damage output and the slow effect makes some shit that should probably kill you into easy mode
I have to agree, it is an incredible combo.

Devil's Advocate: rangers have access to a fairly easy to acquire slow before the epic, and there are other decent worn haste items. From that perspective, do the epics really give that much extra in terms of solobility?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 10-01-2022, 07:00 AM
Planar Protector

Massive QoL improvement to not have to swap 2h to 1h. It's also a DoT which is nice for the make their number run out before yours does game.