Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-02-2022, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldknyght [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there cant be a green 2.0, only a new server in general. splitting the player base even more. seeing as the merging green and blue would be a disaster.
Someone’s gonna have a meltdown when they merge
Old 10-03-2022, 06:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i wont as i dont have any toons on blue. so easy transition for me. jus know gonna be a /petition nightmare.
Old 10-03-2022, 06:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nilbog - 09-13-2019

Server Merge - The staff has had considerable discussion internally regarding the merging of Green into Blue at the end of the timeline. We've heard your concerns. At this time, we haven't made a final decision, but we have also decided that we will leave the door open. A lot can change in 3 years, and we may chose to leave Green running independently as we open additional servers in the future.
Old 10-03-2022, 08:27 PM
Banned

future meltdown confirmed
Old 10-03-2022, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

Green wasn't even open yet and people were already crying so much about something four years in the future that Nilbog had to put that statement out to shut them up.

The meltdowns will be epic indeed.
Old 10-03-2022, 08:55 PM
Sarnak

Goobles is harrison.
Old 10-04-2022, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldknyght [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nilbog - 09-13-2019

Server Merge - The staff has had considerable discussion internally regarding the merging of Green into Blue at the end of the timeline. We've heard your concerns. At this time, we haven't made a final decision, but we have also decided that we will leave the door open. A lot can change in 3 years, and we may chose to leave Green running independently as we open additional servers in the future.
Anyone who quotes this is def gonna have a meltdown when they merge haha

I'm guessing you weren't around for the context here. This was when like 2.5k people were on Green plus like 500 on Blue. So they were basically like well if we have a massive population in three years maybe we'd keep Green open and have Blue, Green, and Green 2.0. We don't have that population, the two servers are barely like 1,500 between the two at primetime (and a couple hundred of those are playing on both servers simultaneously.

The staff aint paying for three pve servers out of their own pocket when each server will have like 400 people on it lol
Old 10-04-2022, 01:06 PM
Banned

i really loved the feel of the world when we had 1500+ players on it
/shrug
Old 10-04-2022, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The staff aint paying for three pve servers out of their own pocket when each server will have like 400 people on it lol
I would guess some or all of what we see are virtual machines that aren't always physically separate. They may not be paying anything extra.

That being said, apparently P1999 servers are like communism and thirty years from now we'll be on Green 7.0 and there'll be someone insisting it's the First True Green because none of the many that came before were actually real implementations.

Danth
Old 10-04-2022, 02:14 PM
Banned

Merging and recycling is the only viable option that won't kill the project. Neckbeard pixel addicts have threatened to leave if they ever do that, but I think that's a big bluff considering almost all of them certainly quit live EQ at some point in the past and vowed never to play again, probably multiple times, then woops they neckbearded out on p99 as soon as it was available. A fresh green server would *guaranteed* be heavily populated, even if a handful of people have tantrums and "quit". They'll be back.