Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-26-2022, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

Wizards are amazing and fun as a class.

The only thing not fun about them is being denied for groups all the time. Being hated and shunned by others until they want a port, then you're immediately back to being yesterday's garbage to them.
Last edited by tadkins; 09-26-2022 at 02:19 PM..
Old 09-26-2022, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there was no raiding in the game warriors would be bar-none the weakest most useless class in the game. I don't think many people would dispute that. The problem is P99 cares more about being "classic" (or so they claim) than doing what makes sense or trying to balance anything. The issue for me is they pick and choose when to do things the classic way and arbitrarily make non classic changes for whatever reason and it's typically not the type of changes players are asking for or want to see that would actually improve the QoL of the server and it's players. Such as making warriors actually able to generate threat and tank prior to max lvl with some of the best threat gen weapons in the game. I wish they'd just pick a side of the fence and stick to it. Either be classic in every sense or abandon any notion that your ultimate goal is classic and just do things in the way that makes the most sense regardless of what is and is not classic.
I think you're looking at it the wrong way. We don't need non-classic improvements (though I certainly wouldn't mind seeing, say, a keychain on Blue): what we need is for the staff to double-down on their mission, and restore classicness to this place! We need classic nerfs to unclassic classes!

Part of the reason Enchanters are so much better than Warriors has nothing to do with classic EverQuest, and everything to do with the unclassic P99 mechanics. Just as one clear example, Channeling here is not classic: that makes Enchanters (unclassically) more powerful than they should be, because it's no big deal when that high DPS pet breaks charm here ... they can just channel a recharm.

If the staff just does what it says in the upper-left corner of our screens ("Classic EverQuest") Enchanters wouldn't be the unclassicly powerful class that they are here.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-26-2022, 02:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you're looking at it the wrong way. We don't need non-classic improvements (though I certainly wouldn't mind seeing, say, a keychain on Blue): what we need is for the staff to double-down on their mission, and restore classicness to this place! We need classic nerfs to unclassic classes!

Part of the reason Enchanters are so much better than Warriors has nothing to do with classic EverQuest, and everything to do with the unclassic P99 mechanics. Just as one clear example, Channeling here is not classic: that makes Enchanters (unclassically) more powerful than they should be, because it's no big deal when that high DPS pet breaks charm here ... they can just channel a recharm.

If the staff just does what it says in the upper-left corner of our screens ("Classic EverQuest") Enchanters wouldn't be the unclassicly powerful class that they are here.
I don't disagree with you. Like I said I'd be fine either way. Go full classic or don't go classic at all. If you're gonna be not classic in a bunch of ways you might as well make not classic changes that people would enjoy. Otherwise just go full classic and change all the non classic p99 mechanics to match. Either way is honestly fine with me.