Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-16-2022, 02:18 PM
Large Rat

Default Korvik the Cursed

https://wiki.project1999.com/Korvik_the_Cursed

Word of warning to anyone looking to camp this or any enchanter looking for his medallion. I spent nearly 6 hours over 2 days killing every wisp in the zone and never seen this guy spawn. Asked for people to keep an eye out for him and had 2 people tell me they also spent hours trying to get him to spawn and he never did.

There are a number of other really old threads about this too. You will make 100x more money just grinding out cash and buy a much better neck piece then the time it would take to find this guy. Unless you happen to run into him by chance do not waste your time trying to camp him.
Old 09-17-2022, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like the PH probably isn't a wisp then.
Old 09-17-2022, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 09-18-2022, 01:06 PM
Aviak

as with many things in eq, this is one of those not worth "camping". Certainly nice if you need a 10cha neck and run across him, but in terms of time vs reward, better off just selling the lightstones and greater lighstones and spending 300p on a Cats Eye velium necklace for the same stats from your local jewelcrafter.
Old 09-24-2022, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Nothing looks worse than dynamic shadows with classic EQ.
Old 09-24-2022, 12:11 PM
Banned

It’s a bit of a cha loss but Amulet of insight is better and still pretty cheap imo. I haven’t really been seeing if there’s anything new/better available in the last year or so
Old 09-24-2022, 12:16 PM
Kobold

NK remains one of the mystery zones in this game. There are many different 'flavors' of this zone that appear and disappear throughout the timeline. I've spent a LOT of time in this zone as it's the best Ranger zone in the entire game. There are times when Korvik is common, as in I've killed him 5 times in an hour, and then there are droughts where he is never seen for months. The griffins also have extended periods when they are common and then pretty uncommon. I think it's all the work of Lieutenant Midraim - one of the rarest spawns in the game! I'd love to see the underlying code for this zone.
Old 09-24-2022, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Many spawns in NK were changed a couple patches ago and info from people killing them earlier in the green timeline may cause confusion. Korvik was quite common early on green.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 09-25-2022, 01:22 AM
Planar Protector

When I leveled my bard on blue by swarming borer beetles, this bastard was everywhere all the time. I felt like i was doing it lol
Old 09-25-2022, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic Plainswalker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NK remains one of the mystery zones in this game. There are many different 'flavors' of this zone that appear and disappear throughout the timeline. I've spent a LOT of time in this zone as it's the best Ranger zone in the entire game. There are times when Korvik is common, as in I've killed him 5 times in an hour, and then there are droughts where he is never seen for months. The griffins also have extended periods when they are common and then pretty uncommon. I think it's all the work of Lieutenant Midraim - one of the rarest spawns in the game! I'd love to see the underlying code for this zone.
I've tried to spawn midriam for 10 years.

I can spawn anything in NK but him.