Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 09-12-2022, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That along with losing the root neck is pretty large. Maybe worth re-rolling over.
Don't forget, Halfling druids get +5% XP bonus, Sneak, and permanent shrink.

But, if you're a Human Karana druid or something (and you care about min/maxing), then ... yeah, what you said.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-14-2022, 01:15 AM
Kobold

Druid upgrades feel weird. I never know wtf to upgrade. I guess just uhh.. pay out the ass for a little bit more wisdom xD
Old 09-14-2022, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaiyan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druid upgrades feel weird. I never know wtf to upgrade. I guess just uhh.. pay out the ass for a little bit more wisdom xD
If you're playing properly and charming animals, HP and AC are lovely.
Old 09-16-2022, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're playing properly and charming animals, HP and AC are lovely.
For inside zones with restricted mobility, water zones like kedge and later sirens grotto very much so. For outdoor zones I can’t remember ever getting melee hit by mobs much unless I was flat out not paying attention or being sloppy.

Low level, inexpensive snare spell mitigates most of the risk and any stray hits are easily compensated for with a basic regen spell.

I am embarrassed to admit that in 60 levels of druid I actually never once went to bear pits or kedge lol. Then again I always preferred the social aspect of grouping more than soloing for insane dps. If group prospects were light or I had a bunch of chores to do, lazy quad kiting was always an option. I knew Druids hit a brick wall of sorts at the end game so I was never in any rush to stampede there and relegate an otherwise relaxing/fun alt to a PoTG bot.

Now 60 when looking at my list of characters I can choose to play I never really find myself loading the druid unless to cast a buff on someone in need or running/porting around out of boredom’s looking for a thing to do.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 09-16-2022 at 09:18 AM..
Old 09-16-2022, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For inside zones with restricted mobility, water zones like kedge and later sirens grotto very much so. For outdoor zones I can’t remember ever getting melee hit by mobs much unless I was flat out not paying attention or being sloppy.

Low level, inexpensive snare spell mitigates most of the risk and any stray hits are easily compensated for with a basic regen spell.

I am embarrassed to admit that in 60 levels of druid I actually never once went to bear pits or kedge lol. Then again I always preferred the social aspect of grouping more than soloing for insane dps. If group prospects were light or I had a bunch of chores to do, lazy quad kiting was always an option. I knew Druids hit a brick wall of sorts at the end game so I was never in any rush to stampede there and relegate an otherwise relaxing/fun alt to a PoTG bot.

Now 60 when looking at my list of characters I can choose to play I never really find myself loading the druid unless to cast a buff on someone in need or running/porting around out of boredom’s looking for a thing to do.
Chardok is pretty fun if you're factioned and don't have an enchanter.
Old 09-20-2022, 03:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've got a druid up to 37...
Druid Tunare items are really quite nice and at 37 its one of the few times I'd say just re-roll. Epic+Root neck+Insect swarm clicker can pull a ton of weight when farming/Ohshit happens and you can easily get all three of them by the low 50s. Gloves are really nice too but most people aren't going to have them while leveling and a lot of druids end up collecting dust at 60.

Quote:
I've found the Halfling hide racial ability to be pretty reliable...
If you plan on charming then get a gazughi ring, its about consistency. Might not feel important in the 20s/30s but it stings when you miss a break at 55+. Also its been a consistently 6-7k item on Blue for the last 10 years, worst case get it/try it/sell it. Or if you hate your life roll a pet class to 29/34 and farm gobo ring(s) yourself, its an easy camp just requires a lot of attention.
Last edited by Crawdad; 09-20-2022 at 03:18 PM..
Old 09-20-2022, 09:26 PM
Planar Protector

Go human Tunare eyepatch for amazing fashion root neck ds gloves and eventually robe of The spring if you plan to raid a lot.
Old 09-20-2022, 10:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of that changes the fact that OP won't notice a difference if they upgrade the gear to get +5 more in a stat, or even if they upgrade their melee weapon. Instead of dying in 50 seconds, the mob will die in 49.4 seconds [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FWIW, I got the poison wind censer and silver chitin hand wraps, and I did notice a difference. How much of that is "I want to believe I made the right choice" and how much of that is "fights are ending faster with fewer deaths and more health remaining", I do not know. I (now) agree that getting +5 more in a stat won't be noticeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the druid:
Thanks, added most of these to my list.

Is there any reason not to get a Lumi Staff now? Like, I know I can't use the clickie yet, but the stats look as good/better than the current Smoldering Brand + offhand, and might as well start training up my 2hb now.

And I appreciate the advice, and understand the reasoning, but I'm not going to reroll. Eliahu is the highest level character I've ever had in Everquest, so I'll let him reach his potential, however capped that may be.
Old 09-21-2022, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FWIW, I got the poison wind censer and silver chitin hand wraps, and I did notice a difference. How much of that is "I want to believe I made the right choice" and how much of that is "fights are ending faster with fewer deaths and more health remaining", I do not know. I (now) agree that getting +5 more in a stat won't be noticeable.

Thanks, added most of these to my list.

Is there any reason not to get a Lumi Staff now? Like, I know I can't use the clickie yet, but the stats look as good/better than the current Smoldering Brand + offhand, and might as well start training up my 2hb now.

And I appreciate the advice, and understand the reasoning, but I'm not going to reroll. Eliahu is the highest level character I've ever had in Everquest, so I'll let him reach his potential, however capped that may be.
They say Lumi staff is pretty solidly solo plvl for a few levels.

I never bothered. Couldn't pay me to quad. Charming is where its at.
Old 10-05-2022, 05:00 PM
Banned

just go basic gear you see in the wiki

and when you're level 55 switch to HoT gear