Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 09-26-2022, 09:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kelethin, Halas, Grobb, Freeport, Neriak are all easily accessible safely with a simple line of sight camera trick. Just need invis to get in position. FV and OT are also both accessible, however they are not as safe due to wandering mobs/guards.

Qeynos has a bank for both good and evil characters.

That basically covers everything geographically.
True, I've basically adapted to a point where I don't even feel the negative aspects of being an iksar necro anymore.

I was worried about Faydwer, but it ain't no thang. I believe I also grinded The Warrens when I was lower level so Odus is fine too.
Old 09-26-2022, 12:19 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True, I've basically adapted to a point where I don't even feel the negative aspects of being an iksar necro anymore.

I was worried about Faydwer, but it ain't no thang. I believe I also grinded The Warrens when I was lower level so Odus is fine too.
Ya I agree. I did not play an evil character for a long time because I was concerned about banking/vendors. There really are a lot of good quality of life tricks to mitigate most of the inconvenience.
Old 10-07-2022, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a good list. It talks about the Amulet of Necropotence, but Necros can also use their lich line of spells to change into a skeleton. That could probably be added under the "Class-Specific Fixes" section. Not sure if you know someone who edits the wiki or not.
Skeleton illusion making people non-KOS in non-evil aligned places is not Classic. I was quite confused on p99 when I saw Amulet of Necropotence making people indifferent faction in Halas and other such places. That should not be happening.

Wolf form is what would make evil people non-KoS in many places, but there were still certain good/neutral NPC's that disliked this form too.
Old 10-08-2022, 12:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by knottyb0y [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive never been able to successfully bank through the walls in OT. Is there a video or something of doing that step by step?
You don't even need a view of the OT banker. I just run up against the outside of the wall and right click the wall with no target, and the bank window opens if you're close enough.
Old 10-08-2022, 12:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Skeleton illusion making people non-KOS in non-evil aligned places is not Classic. I was quite confused on p99 when I saw Amulet of Necropotence making people indifferent faction in Halas and other such places. That should not be happening.

Wolf form is what would make evil people non-KoS in many places, but there were still certain good/neutral NPC's that disliked this form too.
I should clarify, skeleton form only helps you with certain NPCs (I imagine are on some sort of neutral faction)

Like there is a gypsy NPC in East Commonlands that is Dubious to me until I skeleton illusion. Then she will sell to me.

Same trick for Bubar in the EC Tunnel. Don't have to use the Shady Coinstealer NPC.
Old 10-08-2022, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Generally skeleton doesn’t have a race faction modifier, so by using skeleton illusion your race modifier should be set to zero.

This will improve faction for places which don’t like your eace (and the opposite - worsen faction with people that like your character because if it’s race)…

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 10-08-2022, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Mad world when you'll kill someone for being from the next town over, but everyone is down to sell to skeletons.
Old 10-08-2022, 05:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mad world when you'll kill someone for being from the next town over, but everyone is down to sell to skeletons.
Everyone is in the Halloween spirit
Old 10-08-2022, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

"I hate those dark elves, they summon horrific undead into this world!"

"Oh welcome to my store, skeleton, can I offer you any wares?"
Old 10-08-2022, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly it feels like an oversight. Especially as npc skeletons are kos.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung