Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 08-31-2022, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For warriors and lull classes yea it’s min max. Cha is hardest stat to cap. Clerics get the same paci line as enchanters and they can blur too. Pick up a Donals bracer at 45. Wis is so easy to cap. If you plan to do any soloing you’ll appreciate less gear swaps for cha gear in which you’ll lose your mana in the process of doing that swap since everything has wis on it. High elves have the best cha too so might as well capitalize on that and you’ll save a lot of mana with the root neck since clerics root sucks you might as well just use that most of the time.
Does it matter what I do with the last 5 points then? It's a crapshoot between Str, Sta, and Wis.
Old 08-31-2022, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, from 19 to 51 it's about two weeks of Paineel Guards, and about 20-25k plat along the way.

Min/max I only meant in terms of optimal starting stats. Of course, I've no idea what the future holds beyond 51, but if multiple people make the claim for CHA then there must be a good reason for it. I don't see myself as being an active puller in groups, but you never know what groups need either, so...CHA it is.

I seriously hope I don't regret having lower WIS later.
Honestly it sounds like you'll rarely (if ever) find yourself in a situation where that CHA is going to pay off. CRs, soloing high ZEM areas with packs of mobs, getting to groups deep in a dungeon, or say you're in an off-meta duo with a war...thats when the CHA will be of any real value.

If you want to max WIS and have a bigger mana pool to solo guards, then do it. I just can't imagine playing a cleric like that and not using the full kit / power of any given class.

I'm not trying to belittle or say there is anything wrong with your eq playstyle / goals...to each their own. In the end whatever you decide will have minimal impact on your overall experience.
Last edited by Toxigen; 08-31-2022 at 02:33 PM..
Old 08-31-2022, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly it sounds like you'll rarely (if ever) find yourself in a situation where that CHA is going to pay off. CRs, soloing high ZEM areas with packs of mobs, getting to groups deep in a dungeon, or say you're in an off-meta duo with a war...thats when the CHA will be of any real value.

If you want to max WIS and have a bigger mana pool to solo guards, then do it. I just can't imagine playing a cleric like that and not using the full kit / power of any given class.

I'm not trying to belittle or say there is anything wrong with your eq playstyle / goals...to each their own. In the end whatever you decide will have minimal impact on your overall experience.
If it's really that easy to max WIS even without no-drop raid gear (I.E if I settle on Thurgadin armor) then I don't mind doing CHA. It just won't become useful for me until later, 51 onward or so.

It's just a question of how to spend those remaining 5 points. My instinct says Str because HIE Str is buttcrack and they wear plate.
Old 08-31-2022, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it's really that easy to max WIS even without no-drop raid gear (I.E if I settle on Thurgadin armor) then I don't mind doing CHA. It just won't become useful for me until later, 51 onward or so.

It's just a question of how to spend those remaining 5 points. My instinct says Str because HIE Str is buttcrack and they wear plate.
Why don't you see for yourself?

Start a magelo for the char, put in your starting stats, and start finding gear within your budget.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue

https://wiki.project1999.com/Category:Cleric_Equipment

For each slot, sort by wis, can even exclude no-drop items. I think you'll find you're going to cap wis easily and instead will start looking for straight +mana stuff instead.

I could build you a sample magelo for you if you want. I enjoy that sort of thing.
Old 08-31-2022, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Does it matter what I do with the last 5 points then? It's a crapshoot between Str, Sta, and Wis.
I’d go cha then whatever is left go with str high elves will need a lot of it especially since you’re doing guards. As toxigen mentioned make a magelo see how high of wis you can reasonably expect to get.
Old 08-31-2022, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why don't you see for yourself?

Start a magelo for the char, put in your starting stats, and start finding gear within your budget.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue

https://wiki.project1999.com/Category:Cleric_Equipment

For each slot, sort by wis, can even exclude no-drop items.
This will be my starting gear, will not start to replace it until Thurgadin armor quests and possibly Shawl/Ring:

Sarnak Devastator
Crystal Chitin Shield
Sarnak Prayer Beads

Full Crystal Chitin Armor Set (6 pieces)
Withered Leather Bracers, Gorget and Cloak (4 pieces)
Obulus Death Shroud
Crystal Spider Eyes
Silvery Belt of Contention
Earring of Cleansing
Earring of Purity
65HP Rings x2

Let's say 25 Cha and 5 Str, this gear combined has 54 WIS on it, which would give me 159 WIS with the base 105. The armor will eventually get replaced with Thurgadin, I'll get Epic eventually, the necklace will be replaced with Warden of Tunare, and at some point I'll work on a Prayer Shawl as well.
Old 08-31-2022, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This will be my starting gear, will not start to replace it until Thurgadin armor quests and possibly Shawl/Ring:

Sarnak Devastator
Crystal Chitin Shield
Sarnak Prayer Beads

Full Crystal Chitin Armor Set (6 pieces)
Withered Leather Bracers, Gorget and Cloak (4 pieces)
Obulus Death Shroud
Crystal Spider Eyes
Silvery Belt of Contention
Earring of Cleansing
Earring of Purity
65HP Rings x2

Let's say 25 Cha and 5 Str, this gear combined has 54 WIS on it, which would give me 159 WIS with the base 105. The armor will eventually get replaced with Thurgadin, I'll get Epic eventually, the necklace will be replaced with Warden of Tunare, and at some point I'll work on a Prayer Shawl as well.
Here's a start.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_...dsamoneycleric

205 wis, pretty cheap.
Old 08-31-2022, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

205 is what I need to aim for later? I take it you can only get up to 50 Wis from buffs then?
Old 08-31-2022, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
205 is what I need to aim for later? I take it you can only get up to 50 Wis from buffs then?
nah i just threw together a quick one with mostly cheap options and some of your ideas as a "starter kit"

no idea what your budget is

the primary is a big concern, no wis there
Old 08-31-2022, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
nah i just threw together a quick one with mostly cheap options and some of your ideas as a "starter kit"

no idea what your budget is

the primary is a big concern, no wis there
The primary would be replaced with Epic later, but until then the proc would make fighting Paineel guards much, much more efficient, until about level 37 or so.

My budget is about 20k, and I have about half of this gear already. It's about 10k to grab the rest, not a big deal to me.