Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 08-17-2022, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

Default Level 59 monk spots

I've tried just about everywhere, but can't seem to stay put. I've done level 40-58 in Sol B -- LDC has been solid, but its pretty contested and I dont wanna poop sock exp camps. I've also killed thousands of spiders (did 54-58 at LDC so far) and I'm growing weary of the camp.

Sol B Efreeti is meh as a duo, and pretty rough solo, since I don't jhave any dispel clickies for the elementals. Splitting the mobs is also a PITA because theres a bunch of roamers.

I've done Neriak Arena with varying succes. Jacker and Oosa are easy, but their exp kinda sucks (green half the time). The rest of the ogres/trolls can be tough, and I don't win every fight.

Howling Stones North is pretty solid, pretty easy, and pretty fun. But, it's a PITA to get out of OT, even with Dial-ers bound at HH. KoS at the outpost means I don't loot much in HS either, and wind up destroying tons of items / plat.

Velks stinks. The ZEM sucks, and the blizzard hunters cause a bunch of down-time. It's also pretty busy, and I don't wanna take mobs from groups trying to exp.

I've done a bit of Chardok solo too -- but it's too isolated for my liking.

I have done a little Permafrost bear pits solo, which is good exp -- but again so isolated, and takes forever to get there.

PoM rat maze, same problem.

The Hole, I liked the top of Castle Entrance, and it's easy enough to flop down to the Neriak exit if I get bored -- but I get bored very quickly, and find its not even worth the trip to Paineel.

Any other suggestions? I'm probably just gonna stick to Sol B / Neriak Arena, but I'm soooooo bored of grinding lmao. What do?

Is this all the locations?
Old 08-17-2022, 04:45 PM
Skeleton

I have been farming Giant fort in BW for my entire level 59 if you wanted to check out a different camp......But I suspect any camp is going to get boring after a short while
Old 08-17-2022, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropica [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been farming Giant fort in BW for my entire level 59 if you wanted to check out a different camp......But I suspect any camp is going to get boring after a short while
I completely forgot about BW. Where do you for bandages? OT?
Old 08-17-2022, 06:13 PM
Fire Giant

Well 59 sucks. Geonids in WL are super easy to get to for grinding out a few % here and there. There are Fallen Erudites at the bottom of the Hole people like, but I'm not a huge fan. Also, you should bring a bag of Crystalized Pumice for Freeti trash, which should make it more doable.

Rat Jail in Hole or Freeti as a duo are best imho. Just set aside some time and grind it out. Or just do cash camps with friends and let the exp come (e.g. Fungi).
Old 08-17-2022, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

OT has an iksar vendor (though greedy) and is a zone away from Cabilis (the city starts in Warslik’s Wood).

Consider spending an hour or so on pottery to get thurg potions if OT is still too remote for you. Or get a couple of wc caps and make your own recharge bot.

Have you tried the upper levels in CoM?

Geodes in Wakening Lands? Maybe there are things in CS you can kill?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-17-2022, 09:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Consider spending an hour or so on pottery to get thurg potions if OT is still too remote for you. Or get a couple of wc caps and make your own recharge bot.
Every character of mine has Thurg pots...just so overlooked and so easy!

Anyways....why not try Felwithe or Kelethin guards? The Felwithe guards should be about 50/50 xp or not plus your earning good money and as a monk you can sneak sell and flop bank in Felwithe
Old 08-17-2022, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Zentile...onk_Solo_Guide

Not sure if you checked this
Old 08-18-2022, 06:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I have tried these spots -- pretty much all of them. Thanks for refreshing my memory I forgot what the name was (Zentile)

I may try howling stones west, if someone will let me in on Green xD
Old 08-20-2022, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

I know you said you used Zentiles guide but did you try Rat Jail in the hole? Use some damage shield pots and find the position toward the bottom of the stairs that keeps them from running up the stairs and out into the hallway. All melee mobs think they get as high as lvl 50. Great camp.
Old 08-20-2022, 03:36 PM
Kobold

2 barbarians at qeynos bank all the way... if youre human