Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 08-08-2022, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
beyond the gimmick i already mentioned with haste at low levels, how exactly is tinkering "useful" for a cleric? and every race can wall hack either you can get shrunk or you can simply just sit next to the wall you want to see through. viola, wall hack. Even if magically it was true that only gnomes could wall hack, it still wouldn't be one percent as useful as having snare.
I think the relative easy access of eyeballs may be a tiny tick in the plus box?

Can gnome clerics follow brell? They can get a dwarf smith to make them some good racial armor, right?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-08-2022, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's quite a house of cards you'e built in order to come to your dubious conclusion. I do recall your exact words comparing them "in terms of raw advantage." even if we arbitrarily , for some insanely stupid reason, ignore that snare is a hundred times better than anything gnomes provide, just their stats alone put them slightly below dark elf and massively behind humans.
The problem here is you are not taking in to account how people play, and also not reading my posts. I said Human Innoruuk Cleric is great for the clickies if you want to use them. Gnome is better if you don't want to use them. It's really that simple.

Starting stats don't really matter that much because Clerics just need to max their mana, and all races can do that pretty easily.
Old 08-08-2022, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem here is you are not taking in to account how people play, and also not reading my posts.
No, in fact, it seems my problem may actually be that I do read your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I said Human Innoruuk Cleric is great for the clickies if you want to use them. Gnome is better if you don't want to use them. It's really that simple.
The only qualifier you mentioned was solo versus group play. As far as group play you are equally wrong, as snare allows all sorts of duo/trios to become viable/good that otherwise would be a terrible .

Even in full groups having snare can save a lot of mana if another snaring class isnt around, assuming your are killing enemies that flee at low hp. And if your group needs you to lull, that abysmal gnome cha is certainly a massive drawback relative to humans, doubly so if you need to do a corpse retrieval.

I didn't get into any of this previously because i was waiting for you to explain your bizarre claims before i came to any conclusion. who knows maybe i don't now something about tinkering that changes everything, but so far thats not the case., as you failed to supply any relevant information one why tinering is even relevant let alone game changing.

Quote:
Starting stats don't really matter that much because Clerics just need to max their mana, and all races can do that pretty easily.
They don't really need to "max" anything, but they would certainly like str to carry gear/loot, cha for lull, and have the mana for heals. Clerics get a lot of value out of of starting stats, like many of the other lull-blessed classes.
Last edited by DMN; 08-08-2022 at 12:26 PM..
Old 08-08-2022, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No, in fact, it seems my problem may actually be that I do read your posts.

The only qualifier you mentioned was solo versus group play. As far as group play you are equally wrong, as snare allows all sorts of duo/trios to become viable/good that otherwise would be a terrible .

Even in full groups having snare can save a lot of mana if another snaring class isnt around, assuming your are killing enemies that flee at low hp. And if your group needs you to lull, that abysmal gnome cha is certainly a massive drawback relative to humans, doubly so if you need to do a corpse retrieval.

I didn't get into any of this previously because i was waiting for you to explain your bizarre claims before i came to any conclusion. who knows maybe i don't now something about tinkering that changes everything, but so far thats not the case., as you failed to supply any relevant information one why tinering is even relevant let alone game changing.

They don't really need to "max" anything, but they would certainly like str to carry gear/loot, cha for lull, and have the mana for heals. Clerics get a lot of value out of of starting stats, like many of the other lull-blessed classes.
I think you are putting too much value on the snare clickie. The snare is bad, and short duration. It is serviceable in solo situations, but it still isn't amazing.

In groups snare isn't necessary most of the time, root works fine, and you wouldn't really use it over a superior snare if a group member has it.

Low CHA isn't relevant, as it is easy to get cheap CHA gear for lulling.

I never said Tinkering is a game changer. You aren't reading. If you aren't using the Innoruuk clickies, it is more useful than Ultravision and Hide, unless you have a Gnome already with Tinkering.
Old 08-08-2022, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I think you are putting too much value on the snare clickie. The snare is bad, and short duration. It is serviceable in solo situations, but it still isn't amazing.
Yes, I recall your countless bad takes on snare when dealing with your unrestrained ogrephilia in regards to shaman race selection. i'll give you points for consistency at least, but sadly have to take them all back for inaccuracy. For clerics in particular having access to snare opens up many more good duo/trio options, which is quite valuable given that outside of cases involving charming classes, clerics are relatively shitty in duos/trios.

Quote:
In groups snare isn't necessary most of the time, root works fine, and you wouldn't really use it over a superior snare if a group member has it.
Turns out the majority of good-snaring classes rarely tend group or/and are quite rare on p99.

Quote:
Low CHA isn't relevant, as it is easy to get cheap CHA gear for lulling.
And when you put that cheap cha gear on you wil still have lower cha than a human equipping the same cheap cha gear. And there goes all AC since you are now wearing toilet paper, there goes all the mana you have permnantly lost due to removing wis/mana gear, and you there goes your shit stained undies when you get a crit lull wearing a hefty garbage bag and matching napkins.

Quote:
I never said Tinkering is a game changer.
Indeed, you never said that, and thus far havent established it being useful at all, let alone game changing, despite the fact this somehow factored into your laughable cliams about the "raw ddvantage" of gnomes in grouping.
Last edited by DMN; 08-08-2022 at 01:35 PM..
Old 08-08-2022, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

I have never seen a cleric use the snare clickie in a group, and I have multiple videos showing how it really isn't a great item on my Youtube channel. You can have your opinion that it's a great item, but it's not as good as you think. The snare has a low speed reduction, and a short duration. You will do better just medding a tick and casting root, it's only 30 mana.

Tinkering is better than clickies if you never plan on using the clickies. Something is better than nothing, unless you already have a Tinkerer.

I have a Human Innoruuk Cleric and I enjoy it immensely. I never discouraged people from doing it.

Finally, stat-wise both humans and gnomes have low starting stats. It isn't like we are looking at the difference between a Gnome Warrior and an Ogre Warrior. So it isn't a good argument to make, as the difference is easy to make up for.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-08-2022 at 01:56 PM..
Old 08-09-2022, 09:35 AM
Sarnak

I like the lore of the human inny clerics. However I was dissatisfied with how accepted I was everywhere! I wanted to be evil and do evil things and be feared and…. Friggen tree huggers in surefall glade we’re non-kos. Not cool devs… not cool.

That being said a rational player would consider not worrying about faction as much a benefit. It’s your journey!
Old 08-09-2022, 10:46 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was dissatisfied with how accepted I was everywhere! I wanted to be evil and do evil things and be feared and…
Kinda fucked up that the best guards for me to kill are in Paineel. RIP my boney homies.
Old 08-09-2022, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

I have the snare neck on my Troll Shaman. It has come handy numerous times even at higher end camps like fungi king in seb where a runner can mean a wipe.

It’s not the best snare. It frankly sucks with a short duration and lower percentage movement speed debuff … but it gives certain classes a whole new unique mechanic/skill that it otherwise wouldn’t have. It can, in some instances, change how you play entirely.

The snare will stop a runner from running.

Any item or racial perk that gives a class something it wouldn’t otherwise have is powerful.

Best racial skill perk? Sneak on halfling.
Best diety based? I’d argue snare neck.

Most important racial decider for a cleric? Liking what you look like.

In the end it’s all fashionquest.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-09-2022, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whittaker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kinda fucked up that the best guards for me to kill are in Paineel. RIP my boney homies.
Think of it like ethical hacking - you are testing the defences in preparation of a real attack. The skeletons will be easily restored after they are defeated.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung