Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 08-07-2022, 01:28 AM
Planar Protector

Aren’t ant potions in game now, so if you’re in an area you need to be tiny gnome isn’t so important?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-07-2022, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

I think halfling sneak is the only real advantageous cleric racial trait. Since that wasn’t an option I’d go human inny. If you plan to mostly solo put points into CHA. Snare is nice to have and You’ll be using that deadeye clicky helm more than anything else.
Old 08-07-2022, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aren’t ant potions in game now, so if you’re in an area you need to be tiny gnome isn’t so important?
While this is true, if you're an active raider it's easy to run out of potions. Being a gnome means you never even have to think about getting shrink cast, or buying (or recharging) potions.

As a Gnome Magician I smile every time someone gets yelled at for not being shrunk, or everytime the guild reminds everyone to get shrunk ... because I don't have to do jack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-07-2022, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think halfling sneak is the only real advantageous cleric racial trait. Since that wasn’t an option I’d go human inny. If you plan to mostly solo put points into CHA. Snare is nice to have and You’ll be using that deadeye clicky helm more than anything else.
I deleted my halfling cleric on blue to reroll dark elf. Sneak was great, but burynai robe with skull helm was just too beautiful. Mobs cruise by at 2mph to check me out (also they pass so slowly partially cos I snared them).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-08-2022, 04:23 AM
Planar Protector

Dark Elf, fashion is the only thing that matters.

If you're a real tryhard, I guess go gnome for the tinkering and wallhacks, but then you have to look at a metal plated potato all the time.
Old 08-08-2022, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gnomes would be best in terms of raw advantage. Wall Hacks + Tinkering is going to give you more benefit overall than Humans or Dark Elves if you are not planning on soloing a lot. Most clerics don't solo a lot, so this would probably be the best choice between the three in terms of raw advantage.
only reason to play a gnome is to be uber twink levels 1-35ish with their tinkered haste( might as well just roll and actual melee class if thats your jam), other than that they are the worst possible option.
Old 08-08-2022, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
only reason to play a gnome is to be uber twink levels 1-35ish with their tinkered haste( might as well just roll and actual melee class if thats your jam), other than that they are the worst possible option.
Out of the three listed by OP (Human, Dark Elf, Gnome), Tinkering and seeing through walls are the most useful racials overall. Ultravision/Hide isn't giving you much, and Human Innoruuk Cleric only benefits if you want to get/use the clickies.

Good point about the tinkered arms though on Gnomes, that would help with soloing as well.
Old 08-08-2022, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Out of the three listed by OP (Human, Dark Elf, Gnome), Tinkering and seeing through walls are the most useful racials overall. Ultravision/Hide isn't giving you much, and Human Innoruuk Cleric only benefits if you want to get/use the clickies.

Good point about the tinkered arms though on Gnomes, that would help with soloing as well.
beyond the gimmick i already mentioned with haste at low levels, how exactly is tinkering "useful" for a cleric? and every race can wall hack either you can get shrunk or you can simply just sit next to the wall you want to see through. viola, wall hack. Even if magically it was true that only gnomes could wall hack, it still wouldn't be one percent as useful as having snare.
Old 08-08-2022, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
beyond the gimmick i already mentioned with haste at low levels, how exactly is tinkering "useful" for a cleric? and every race can wall hack either you can get shrunk or you can simply just sit next to the wall you want to see through. viola, wall hack. Even if magically it was true that only gnomes could wall hack, it still wouldn't be one percent as useful as having snare.
I didn't say it was game breaking. I am just saying it's more useful than Ultravision, Hide, and the Innoruuk clickies if you aren't planning on using them.

I personally agree that I would pick Human Innoruuk. I like the clickies and have a Human Innoruuk Cleric myself with the clickies. But not everybody is going to be playing a cleric in a way where they need snare, like if they just want to group up and heal.
Old 08-08-2022, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Innoruuk clickies if you aren't planning on using them.
That's quite a house of cards you'e built in order to come to your dubious conclusion. I do recall your exact words comparing them "in terms of raw advantage." even if we arbitrarily , for some insanely stupid reason, ignore that snare is a hundred times better than anything gnomes provide, just their stats alone put them slightly below dark elf and massively behind humans.