Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 07-14-2022, 06:29 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Pickpocketing Crushbone

Hello I am new to rogue and was just curious if I could pickpocket crushbone belts/shoulders or if those items count as equipped by the mobs they drop from.

Thanks in advance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-16-2022, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isilmaeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello I am new to rogue and was just curious if I could pickpocket crushbone belts/shoulders or if those items count as equipped by the mobs they drop from.

Thanks in advance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure anything can be pickpocketed as long as it doesn't have the "MAGIC" item tag. Neither of those items are listed as magic on the wiki, so they should be pickpocketable.
Old 07-16-2022, 07:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure anything can be pickpocketed as long as it doesn't have the "MAGIC" item tag. Neither of those items are listed as magic on the wiki, so they should be pickpocketable.
Equipped items can't be looted either, and I would think belts and shoulder pads would be considered equipped.
Old 07-17-2022, 09:35 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Cool I tried for hours just to see if I could! Only because someone booted me from party thinking I was stealing the belts during combat!
Old 07-18-2022, 06:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isilmaeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool I tried for hours just to see if I could! Only because someone booted me from party thinking I was stealing the belts during combat!
I think it's generally bad form to pickpocket in a group.
Old 07-18-2022, 09:44 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I was not pickpocketing while grouped. I was testing it after to see if it was possible or not.
Old 07-18-2022, 11:19 PM
Sarnak

I am also pretty sure you can't pickpocket items off mobs that are under level 20 (presumably) due to a bug.

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob.../npc.cpp#L1855

To steal an item, steal_skill has to be over steal_chance. But steal_chance is just steal_skill multiplied by 100 / (NPC's Level * 5 + 5). If the NPC is over level 19, steal_chance will be multiplied by a number greater than 1, otherwise a lower one, so you can't steal items off NPCs under level 20.

I believe I tested this some to see if it was fixed here and came to the conclusion that it was probably not, but honestly I have no idea what that code is supposed to be doing. There are not a lot of NPCs under level 20 with things you might want to pickpocket anyway.
Last edited by 7thGate; 07-18-2022 at 11:22 PM..
Old 08-02-2022, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveslug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's generally bad form to pickpocket in a group.
I think it's okay if you're not looting corpses on the ground as well, or pickpocket every few mobs.