Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 06-05-2022, 10:48 PM
Large Rat

Default Red worth starting on?

I'm debating on giving red a shot is it worth it? is it possible to get things done with the current population? Will I just get pooped on by stacked players? Any pointers? This is my first time on a PVP server i've got a million questions!
Old 06-05-2022, 11:45 PM
Sarnak

Red is a blast. It is the closest thing to a "fresh" server you will find on P99. Why? because every zone is pretty much open for you to quest / experience / explore without dealing with lines, or camp checks or other bullshit grown adults don't have time for. You gotta be a self-starter to thrive on Red. You may need to make your own jewelry, backpacks, banded armor or whatever else. Sure, you might be able to get some handouts in the form of free gear from people, but don't rely on that. You will need to solo, or form your own groups. Other people will most likely log on alts and group with you from time to time as well if you get the group started.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 06-06-2022, 12:41 AM
Banned

Yes! Especially if you're more casual.

(Worth starting on)

Have an alt so you can't easily get bullied (u shouldn't be)

90% of reds current population will buff u up to 60 before messing with u too much.
Old 06-06-2022, 10:45 AM
Banned

Id say no unless u just want an EQ museum/theme park and dont care about starting everything over if another server pops up. Id say yes if you just want to reacquaint with EQ, see the zones, solo most of the times, not an actually alive server where its worth investing some real time on.

The devs here told the community they had another pvp server coming and no news for 2 years. So out of the blue, you could have a new server popping up in a couple of weeks / months and this server will become truly dead. If that doesnt bother you, id start playing.
Old 06-06-2022, 11:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red is a blast. It is the closest thing to a "fresh" server you will find on P99. Why? because every zone is pretty much open for you to quest / experience / explore without dealing with lines, or camp checks or other bullshit grown adults don't have time for. You gotta be a self-starter to thrive on Red. You may need to make your own jewelry, backpacks, banded armor or whatever else. Sure, you might be able to get some handouts in the form of free gear from people, but don't rely on that. You will need to solo, or form your own groups. Other people will most likely log on alts and group with you from time to time as well if you get the group started.
This is a real fancy way of saying it's a dead server and nearly every zone is always empty. I'm not anti-red and if a new pvp server came out I'd definitely give it a whirl. But don't lie to people lol
Old 06-06-2022, 11:02 AM
Skeleton

Ignore trades he is living in a pipe dream .... there won't be a reset nor will we get red 2.0 .
That being said . I just returned to red after a 5 year or so break and I will say there are alot of new players around and lots of people xping alts . It is a gr8 place to play
Old 06-06-2022, 11:03 AM
Skeleton

Can still go to most dungeons ir and find pvp or people to xp with. Good numbers at night and on weekends and you can still camp ports and get decent pvp
Old 06-06-2022, 11:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ignore trades he is living in a pipe dream .... there won't be a reset nor will we get red 2.0 .
That being said . I just returned to red after a 5 year or so break and I will say there are alot of new players around and lots of people xping alts . It is a gr8 place to play
In business its called disclosure. When i used to sell comic books, its being honest about the condition of the book youre selling to the buyer so he can take the decision to buy or not with all the relevant information.

This is literally the situation. Its a museum with less than one person per zone average.

I still give some credit to Rogean and all, i bitch alot but they did put up a stable pvp server, etc... so it could still be possible they could come back with that. Meanwhile theres this semi-and-a-half-dead in limbo server.
Old 06-06-2022, 01:20 PM
Skeleton

...... would take like 900 players to even have a chance at more then 1 per zone everywhere
..... there are still groups in xp zones and farming stuff you just have to actually go check ... you come across as toxic in your comments ... litterally trying to chase away new players simply so you can mention your pipe dream of a 2.0
Old 06-06-2022, 01:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...... would take like 900 players to even have a chance at more then 1 per zone everywhere
..... there are still groups in xp zones and farming stuff you just have to actually go check ... you come across as toxic in your comments ... litterally trying to chase away new players simply so you can mention your pipe dream of a 2.0
900 person is 10 person per zone during classic and no one expects a 10+ hall of truth and shit like that.

I recently played on red, this winter, leveled a monk to 40. There was literally just our group leveling. I know cuz i ported around to see on another char. And by group i mean 3 people. If i didnt have a fungi and that monk weap from KC im not sure i would have suffered through 1-30 solo. It made solo bearable. Im not trying to chase them away, im giving them the real deal of what they can expect if they start playing here.