Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 06-19-2022, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is not entirely true. I have a 30-40 percent RA and play super casually. I still get

ton of mid tier loot without putting too much effort. kingdom is a great guild for anyone

if they want to experience endgame raiding on p99 without the stress of game over

life
First off, what's with the William Shatner post formatting? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Second:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is not entirely true. I have a 30-40 percent RA and play super casually.
I mean, the definition of "casual" is subjective I guess, but ... Kingdom went on nearly three hundred (285) raids in the last thirty days: you'd really say that going to 114 raids in a month (3.8 a day!) is casual?

Quote:
kingdom is a great guild for anyone
It is! But at the end of the day it's a guild for hardcore raiders first and foremost.

The fact that the guild's least casual players all got free loot-council-ed Sleeper's keys, while everyone else (ie. the casuals of the guild) have to pay hundreds (or perhaps even 1000+?) DKP for them is all the proof anyone needs of that.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-19-2022 at 12:17 PM..
Old 06-19-2022, 02:46 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But none of that is insurmountable, and it's still a guild (the only?) where you can see top-end raids and get top-end loot as a casual ... you just have to accept that the guild is run by/for the hardcore people.
I'm in ST and have Vulak loot and I'm very casual.
Old 06-19-2022, 05:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewbes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm in ST and have Vulak loot and I'm very casual.
sure buddy...
Old 06-19-2022, 06:25 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by coki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sure buddy...
20-30% RA and rocking Solist earring.
Old 06-20-2022, 02:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Second:

I mean, the definition of "casual" is subjective I guess, but ... Kingdom went on nearly three hundred (285) raids in the last thirty days: you'd really say that going to 114 raids in a month (3.8 a day!) is casual?

Do you even raid in kingdom? DKP is given out based on hours on some and attempts.

there isn't actually "300" raids in a month
Old 06-20-2022, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Do you even raid in kingdom? DKP is given out based on hours on some and attempts.

there isn't actually "300" raids in a month
When you don't like someone's argument, but you can't really argue against it, so you ignore it and focus on one small detail you can argue with ... you're arguing unfairly. It's a logical fallacy, specifically the fallacy of incomplete evidence, aka the fallacy of "cherry-picking".

Yes, Kingdom will sometimes enter multiple "raids" in the system for one event. For instance, Ring Wars count as "three raids" in that sense, because they last a really long time and we take attendance after each hour (plus we have on-time DKP).

But again, pointing that fact out doesn't refute my argument in anyway. If you're raiding so much that on average you're doing more than a Ring War (ie. 3.8 "raids") every single day: you are not a casual. At least by most people's definitions (again, anyone can call themselves a "casual" if they want).

P.S. And BTW:

Quote:
Do you even raid in kingdom?
Is a fallacious argument also: it's an Ad Hominem attack. I have been a member for over a year (ie. since the start of 2021: longer than you?) ... but even if I wasn't it changes nothing about my argument. Maybe try focusing on understanding/communicating with facts and reason instead of trying to make any argument you can, no matter how dishonest?

I think once you look at the facts, there's no way you can argue that casuals are equal members in Kingdom. You can't be an equal member when the rest of the guild is getting free Sleeper Keys and you aren't ... and I don't see how any amount of arguing (honest or otherwise) can change that fact.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-20-2022 at 10:46 AM..
Old 06-22-2022, 01:20 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Personally, when I joined Kingdom I was in absolute awe of the internal organization and complexity of the back structure of a "video game guild." The time and effort that the leadership has put into the guild's structure is nothing less than a labor of love. It has layers of complex inner workings that set Kingdom apart and has allowed us to secure the hardest content in the game. We are very close to a Vulak kill, last attempt saw him in the 30% range. Soon we will be crushing it on the regular. Last night Kingdom had the strongest numbers in ToV, 80 members strong where competitors were around 50.

I love that Kingdom has raider ranks for all players. The best part of being a recruit in Kingdom vs other guilds is that you can start bidding on items on day 1!!! We want to help gear you up and get you help with your epic.

Our Grunt rank does not require you to maintain a raid attendance to bid, while those members that put in extra effort to acquire Knight enjoy unlimited bidding there is a whole lot of amazing loot for Grunts, Adventurers, Recruits and Squires!

Did I mention mature and friendly? Kingdom has some seriously giving and knowledgeable people that always step up to lend a hand.

I see people gripe about "dues" and I just have to laugh. Kingdom doesn't believe that it's fair to clerics, necros, magi, and wizards to pay for stones, dots, coffins, pearls out of their own pocket....This is what guild dues pays for. When you raid, these materials are required. We don't have to sell your loot to make this money either...Additionally, the guild then pays to recharge your potions, common lands caps, invis rings and all other manner of clickies! Trust me you get back what you put in.

People that complain about dues do not realize the amazing cost it takes to secure end game content. Kingdom believes that as a community we cover that cost so it does not fall on those players. Don't want to pay dues? You can be an adventurer and still bid 5.

If you wanna roll with the baddest MFOs on the block, look me up. *kiss kiss hug hug*
Sychotica Zylum#3866

FOR THE KINGDOM!
Old 06-22-2022, 03:07 PM
Fire Giant

My friends and I love Kingdom! It's a great guild with tons of caring and amazing people! So far the best experience I have had to date on any p99box! There are lots of people willing to help and teach you about the game and raiding! There's something for everyone in this guild! Come join us and kill some Dragons and Giant Butterflies !
Old 06-22-2022, 04:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'm very casual and play a few times a month. I keep up on my modest dues to maintain Grunt (300pp a month is insanely easy). Even so, I'm often getting upgrades that beat anything you can get from tunnel-questing. The people are great and friendly, and ALWAYS encouraging a noobie like me (who does not have the vast knowledge of many of our senior members). There are many raid-oriented tasks that were very intimidating at first but there is a lot of grace and understanding for those looking to ease into the waters of raiding. There will always be individuals who have a gripe over a particular policy (you can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time), but the guild certainly has a place for casual raiders and hardcore raiders alike. You have nothing to gain by passing up an opportunity to see if the guild is a good fit for you!
Old 06-22-2022, 05:07 PM
Sarnak

Worth mentioning that the "10% raid attendance" is to OBTAIN unlimited bid (Knight) status. Not to maintain. If you're casual but can find a month to go a little hard, you can hit Knight and you're good for life! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My monk is a Grunt currently, and has thus far gotten the LTK mace, HoT legs, Eyepatch from Kael, and his epic as "raid" loot (epic drops don't cost DKP by the way). I'd also be eligible for lesser NToV gear, HoT arms, POSSIBLY the BP, and I've seen Plane of Sky boss loots for monk at grunt-level DKP as well.

So it's not hard to be a "casual" raider and still gear yourself out very well in Kingdom. But it's also not that hard to hit the 10% RA, especially with things like a ring war counting as 3 raids in the system, and get yourself those big, sexy drops.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.