Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 05-09-2022, 11:59 AM
Banned

Default IN Velious ROot, snares, and Stuns, BLIND!!! and DDs, Zone lines.

Should always have a >= 50% chance to land in pvp but have a slightly reduced duration --- say 50% duration decrease.

DD's

Should always land for 70-100% of dmg. Regardless of resists based on level.

If you get swarmed by a bunch of casters and you are alone you deserve to die.

Also if you are 1v1ing a caster and u can't LoS their spells you deserve to die.

Also if you hit a zone line you should bounce back 5 feet and be stunned for 5 seconds if you have been in pvp within 1 minute.

Mobs shouldn't cause EXP death on pvp servers and corpses summoners should be available in the major cities with a 1 hr cooldown.

I think this would balance pvp a fair bit and give clerics a bit more of an offensive chance in situations were they need to be more offensive.

Mez/charm/ and fear should all behave the same thing in pvp and be very similary to like a 3 second stun. Except the bard one which needs a cooldown per bard on players. Pixie strike or whatever. I guess if 12 bards want to do shenanigains on one player they should be allowed, 1 bard is the most firegiantistfaydarkiest, thing in EQ. Give them full DD dmg in pvp or something.

Also every class should get hard locked at 25% of OGRE BOW levels in PVP regardless of MH equip INCLUDING OGRES, except maybe rangers. Give every class throwing or archery. Maybe add in some magic rocks for clerics to throw. (we'll always assume they can use their underwear or bras or sweatbands or belts or sashes or whatever for slings so they don't need one equiped to throw the magic rocks)
Last edited by starkind; 05-09-2022 at 12:05 PM..
Old 05-09-2022, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Good post. Lots of good pvp concepts. I like pvp dmg minimums for spells as level 60 casters blow badly in velious era to people with 150 all resists and a million hp
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-09-2022, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Did not read any of this. Just shocked you’re not on a new forum account yet. Might have the right chemicals flowing at this time keep up the good work.
Old 05-09-2022, 04:32 PM
Banned

Taking a lot of prebiotics. Fiber. Sunlight. Vitamin D. Vitamin C. Very low glycemic calorie restricted diet. 60-80oz water daily. Light exercise every day even if bed ridden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good post. Lots of good pvp concepts. I like pvp dmg minimums for spells as level 60 casters blow badly in velious era to people with 150 all resists and a million hp
Yep. Thanks.

I'm trying to make velious era pvp faster paced and more diverse, guild vs guild. 1v1 balance not that important at all.

Provide more opportunities for ganking and just make all pvp a little bit more exciting and not so easy to win for everyone regardless of gear and levels.

Wizards and rogues should always be extremely terrifying in their strong positions outdoors/indoors.
Last edited by starkind; 05-09-2022 at 04:36 PM..
Old 05-09-2022, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH HAHAH
Old 05-10-2022, 06:10 PM
Fire Giant

Yikes these requests are fucking awful, can tell you haven’t ever actually pvp’d here past level 20
Old 05-10-2022, 07:13 PM
Banned

Y would I? Lvl 20 is when you beat everquest.

Actually on my server a lvl 20s pvp stats would scale to be the same as a lvl 55s. And lvl 60s would be in range.
Last edited by starkind; 05-10-2022 at 07:16 PM..
Old 05-10-2022, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

All right we've heard it from Starkind

EatitNerd you've been scouring the forums for hours and hours every day reading every single PVP speculation post, you've heard it all.

So besides giving up and accepting the fact that red 1.0 is the only p99 red server we will ever get, how about speculate on how you would want one to be set up, and why?

EatitNerd's red 2.0..lets hear it.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-12-2022, 04:31 PM
Fire Giant

You have averaged almost 2 posts per days for legit over 10 years now, starkind is at over 16 a day for over a year, trust me no one is listening to either or you nor do we care about what you have to say.
Old 05-12-2022, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

I don’t check Reddit or twitter or Facebook or instagram when I take a dump, I check here and hope we can get another decent real EQ pvp server going, one more time.

Its okay to be too cool for school but I still think you might have some worthwhile insights how a red 2 should be laid out since you’ve played probably every vztz box and red 1 and will have experienced a lot of the custom junk ideas over the years.
Lost but not forgotten.