Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-18-2022, 05:40 AM
Planar Protector

If P99 staff ever wonders how their servers ended up in the places they are, ie either dead (red) or just sheer and utter toxicity (blue/green), they need to look in the mirror

You make the bed that you sleep in, folks.

There's a good reason that so many are abandoning P99 for other projects like TAKP.

The culture of toxicity drips down from the top.

These days, the extent of my playtime on p99 servers is just "ninja buffing" I keep a chanter, druid and shaman logged out in strategic places, then I do /who all 10 20, or 20 40, then i invis and randomly show up at their camp, buff and leave.

You know how when your solo or group is struggling to keep going, and then some high level shows up unannounced with their buffs? That "OHH ITS ON NOW" feeling? providing that service is the only enjoyment I can find on P99 anymore.

Everquest is stuck in my brain, it imprinted itself on my young developing mind, and its still here, its been years since i was in a raiding guild, they sucked any fun out of P99 raiding. There is no point to even try when "raiding" becomes a full time occupation, I got my shits of the corporate world and retired young. I ain't putting in 50 hours a week for pixels. I play golf, I go fishing, I maintain my boat.

Devs:
When you created a sandbox that requires 50 to 70+ hours a week to make any meaningful progress, you filtered out all of the "normal, well balanced" people and you were left with the home-bound, incel type players who hate their sheer existence, and project their angst upon the rest of the server.

It saddens me to remember the bright and limitless potential that the Project had back in 2007. BEFORE NILBOG STOLE IT FROM YEAHLIGHT, (see eqclassic.org) then ran off and made his own sandbox because Yeahlight refused to release an unfinished server.

You wanna know why so many basics including but not limited to boats, doors and mage bolts work so well? that was a guy named Yeahlight. He doesn't care anymore, he started his own business and is raking in millions.

So as you can see, this project was tainted from its beginning. The very concept of "Project 1999" was born of treachery and dishonesty, and it has shown through, time and time again.
Old 03-18-2022, 05:43 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythrope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was recently banned by the Project 1999 GMs for "boxing" for getting power-leveled by a guildie that could not complete the boxing test..
Have a chat with Furoar. He got caught boxing and training a raid force using another guild's toon and just ate a short suspension of his own toons. He might be able to tell you how he got off with a slap on the wrist.
Old 03-18-2022, 07:50 AM
Sarnak

Lol O, the GMs already have evidence of you boxing through their logs BEFORE they even give you the figure 8 test. You got caught bud. Go play TLP...
Old 03-18-2022, 08:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toryas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have a chat with Furoar. He got caught boxing and training a raid force using another guild's toon and just ate a short suspension of his own toons. He might be able to tell you how he got off with a slap on the wrist.
lol
Old 03-18-2022, 08:19 AM
Sarnak

How do you know the person on the bot you got banned was using a specific hardware and UI setup, but you don't know who they are?
Old 03-18-2022, 08:28 AM
Banned

@OP

Quote:
Commandments 4 and 9: Through keeping Shabbat, we testify that G‑d created the world in six days and rested on the seventh. When one disregards Shabbat, he testifies falsely about the Divine origin of the universe.

P99 is a part of G-d's creation. Plz do not abuse your privilege of playing here. Lying about boxing toons to power level yourself is a lie. And demeans G-d

Hope this helps. /\
Old 03-18-2022, 08:35 AM
Banned

Also wasd only figure 8s aren't hard. You don't need a mouse. That's another false witness you bore. Double jeopardy. Xude. /\ /\

Surprised someone hasn't figured out how to automate the box test.
Old 03-18-2022, 08:36 AM
Banned

Cool

Take your time off and reflect on G-d and his creation. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-18-2022, 09:12 AM
Sarnak

"I passed the boxing test but my box didn't"

c'mon man you're not even trying
Old 03-18-2022, 09:13 AM
Banned

(lol)