Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 10-04-2022, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Inny dark elf is the only pure evil choice for rogues, which makes entirely too much sense for assassins. I've had a lot of fun being KoS everywhere. Rogues have tools to get around almost any faction-locked content, banking / shopping / questing @ indifferent, whereas most people are a good-aligned race and generally don't have to use any of them. An exception is that one time you have to sneak into to Neriak. Well, that's my reality as a dark elf rogue where ever I go.

I assassinate the druids and really just everyone w/o consideration of faction consequences. I have a pretty blue dress and look good w/o an illusion. I get to judge poseurs w/ their DE masks. It's really creepy how all you halfling and barbs swap to DE mode when you see me, but I dye grass. DE isn't a bad choice at all.
Old 10-04-2022, 02:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Inny dark elf is the only pure evil choice for rogues, which makes entirely too much sense for assassins. I've had a lot of fun being KoS everywhere. Rogues have tools to get around almost any faction-locked content, banking / shopping / questing @ indifferent, whereas most people are a good-aligned race and generally don't have to use any of them. An exception is that one time you have to sneak into to Neriak. Well, that's my reality as a dark elf rogue where ever I go.

I assassinate the druids and really just everyone w/o consideration of faction consequences. I have a pretty blue dress and look good w/o an illusion. I get to judge poseurs w/ their DE masks. It's really creepy how all you halfling and barbs swap to DE mode when you see me, but I dye grass. DE isn't a bad choice at all.
I thought you were a wood elf..I'm confused lol
Old 10-05-2022, 11:10 PM
Fire Giant

Any of the races that do NOT have a mask that can change into their race (not really counting gnome mask because LOL good luck!) is pretty much the correct choices
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 10-06-2022, 07:06 AM
Planar Protector

Why?
Old 10-06-2022, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any of the races that do NOT have a mask that can change into their race (not really counting gnome mask because LOL good luck!) is pretty much the correct choices
I thought this too when I chose Wood Elf... but it is so incredibly tedious to have to click an item every 30 minute or every time you zone to look like the race you want to look like.

Seriously if you want to look like a dark elf then playing any other race because of the mask is a really not great idea. Especially considering there is no meaningful benefits to any of the rogue races.
Old 10-07-2022, 08:53 AM
Banned

I remember being envious of other races when I learned my Dwarf Rogue couldn't equip Hero Bracers, but probably doesn't matter now that Velious is out.

The DE mask is easy to get, and allows you to use evil towns as a good/neutral race.

Wood Elves get Forage, right? That helps when you're in the depths of Seb and running low on food and don't feel like running all the way to FV for stupid food.

Stats don't matter. You'll hit 255 STR and even then it doesn't really matter.

Barbarians are too big to be ninjas. Just saying.
Old 10-07-2022, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wood Elves get Forage, right? That helps when you're in the depths of Seb and running low on food and don't feel like running all the way to FV for stupid food.
Rogues always group, just bum food off your party members.
Old 10-07-2022, 11:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogues always group, just bum food off your party members.
True, or you could unlock the crypt door in exchange for food like a homeless peasant.
Old 10-08-2022, 07:06 AM
Planar Protector

Years ago, I was foraging on Cecily at a laggy trak sock with 200 of my closest friends or something dumb and my inventory was full. So I went to delete my vegetables and deleted my jboots instead. Ambrotos laughed at me.
Last edited by Cecily; 10-08-2022 at 07:08 AM..
Old 10-09-2022, 10:50 AM
Kobold

In the end stats don't even matter. With buffs and gear even at a casual level you will be doing very similar damage or so close will it even matter? Probably not. Play the race you want to look at. I bet an Inny worshipping Dark Elf Rogue is among the rarest of all rogues.