Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 05:35 AM
Large Rat

Default camp rule?

i didn't do a CC and i camped after making sure no one was there
but someone 'i went to sell 2min'
can he claim ownership?

SK gnoll camp
Last edited by margiela; 04-28-2020 at 05:54 AM..
Old 04-28-2020, 06:01 AM
Planar Protector

You can sell while staying in the same zone. Was he back before respawns?

If he left the zone to sell, he cannot maintain camp. If spawns are up X amount of time (dont really know whats considered reasonable) then its possible to lose camp that way as well
Old 04-28-2020, 08:19 AM
Planar Protector

Saw this in Lake Rathe yesterday. Gnome necro full of attitude claims he can take a camp because there wasn't anyone there despite it being clear and the guy clearing it walking away to sell quickly.

Anyone who disagreed was told to "read the rules" lol
Old 04-28-2020, 08:28 AM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...44&postcount=2
Old 04-28-2020, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

I would contest the camp. It's your right in this place. Take a spawn and sit on it.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Camp%20Rules

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this is the specific paragraph that’s applicable

Quote:
That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'. In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up.

Please do your best to use courtesy and common sense when interacting with other players in spawn disputes.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:39 AM
Fire Giant

Seems like this situation, while I don't agree with it, would fall under this portion of the camp rule though.

Open Outdoor Zones can be anything from Western Wastes, Karanas or West Commons. There are no staff recognized camps for this zone type outside of single spawn points. Examples of single spawn types might be Ocean of Tears Ancient Cyclops, Iceclad Ocean Stormfeather, or Qeynos Hills Hadden. Though, any single spawn point can be claimed, that is the only spawn you can hunt (if being contested). If you are to claim this point you must get aggro/First to Encounter (FTE) within a reasonable amount of time.

There are cases where two or more parties wish to hunt in the same area. In these cases, the parties are required to compromise. Do not attack a mob after another player, this is kill stealing.
Rustymule - EC trader

RED
Node Red - [ANONYMOUS]
Chun Li - [ANONYMOUS]
Last edited by Sweetbaby Jesus; 04-28-2020 at 11:41 AM..
Old 04-28-2020, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

My inner elf lawyer agrees with Sweetbaby: as an outdoor zone technically each player can only camp a single gnoll. Most players would let another player have the whole camp anyway, but if we're talking elf lawyering then normal/polite play doesn't apply.

Everyone only getting one gnoll probably makes the whole thing moot, but if not (eg. if there's a named gnoll there you both want) ... this gets into the gray area of the rules, specifically this line of a quote from GM Menden:

Quote:
If you're camping these mobs you need to get FTE within a reasonable amount of time.
The staff has never defined, and may never define, exactly how long "a reasonable amount of time" is. Personally, I think it would result in less confusion overall if the staff specified "you have one minute from the moment the mob respawns to get back and re-claim it, or its lost". That way everyone showing up and seeing an "empty" camp wouldn't have to CC or worry: they'd just have to wait one minute and then they could confidently take camp.

But until that happens, even if you see an "empty" camp, someone could be coming back to it, and you have to wait a "reasonable" amount of time before taking the camp. And while it's not mandatory, CCing in that situation is always a good idea.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-28-2020 at 11:50 AM..
Old 04-28-2020, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

How does oasis spectres or feerrott ones work can I claim 1 specifically?