Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Default Weird things / gimmicks / habits you do or have in game?

I'll begin.

Every time I roll a new non-mule character, the very first thing I'll do is to put the starter Bottles of Milk, Muffins, the Sword* and the guild note in bank and leave them there forever even when I'm totally out of bank room.

I've done it on all my characters on live or here.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll begin.

Every time I roll a new non-mule character, the very first thing I'll do is to put the starter Bottles of Milk, Muffins, the Sword* and the guild note in bank and leave them there forever even when I'm totally out of bank room.

I've done it on all my characters on live or here.
When I used to play video games as a kid whenever there were consumables I would never want to use any because I wanted to have as much as possible for some reason. The weird thing is that means I did the same thing as you when I started a new character because you can never get back there's food items that you eat in any way. They are unique. However at some point as I got older I shifted the way I did things and I over use consumables now and I no longer do this with the starter stuff. Somehow I became an anti hoarder and the concept of throwing something in the trash or destroying something is very exciting to me
Old 07-15-2019, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

I used to use starting food as a measure to see how quickly I levelled a toon. Seeing how high I could get a toon before I ran out. Obviously I realised I could gain the system by putting it in the bank! This was compounded by the fact that you can't ever rebuy those items; what happens if I need them later?

Something I like to do when a toon is around 19-22 is the sarnak courier cycle. I like to think I am shaming level 50+ toons into feeling like they are bottom feeding. It's pretty effective experience as there is generally a Druid or enchanter nearby for buffs. The excellent tiger hides sell well to players, and the balanced/fine weapons are worth a decent amount.

You can even horde goblin bracers to exchange for Faydark Ringmail!
Old 07-15-2019, 03:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the concept of throwing something in the trash or destroying something is very exciting to me
Use me, Cenro. Use me, and then throw me away.
@EndorraFeyborne Discord
Old 07-15-2019, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

My thing is I always try and get Bd bracers, EoE, and Bd Ear and if possible SBS for shield on all lvl 1 chars. Not sure why they need resists but it’s just something I do. Maybe goes back to my rallos.zek days and being so afraid of casters.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:24 PM
Sarnak

For a long time I would compulsively buy Staff of the Waterwalker when I saw it auctioned in EC. I'm not really sure why, I think I just like the name and look of the staff. I'd always sell them again because I didn't actually have a character that would use it. Eventually I made a character specifically to wield the staff and I was cured.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:20 PM
Sarnak

Every time I start a new character, I make sure that I've put Sense Heading in hot buttons slot 5 + 6, or Forage in 6 if it's available, and bind my W key to use hot button 5 + 6.

Then I delete my shirt.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:22 AM
Kobold

i get my char to RM/Feer zone and buy jboots, at level 1, then i start my voyage.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:21 AM
Sarnak

I only ever buy milk from Klok Sweetzie (by the bank) in Cab East, and Fish Rolls from a merchant south of Haggle Barron (on the little stone island with the merchant tents)

And I buy lutes for my skeleton pets (before I used the Specter pet) from gypsy camp in Oasis.

Just gives me a little extra mission every so often! And it's nice to visit home. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 07-16-2019, 03:26 AM
Sarnak

I am obsessed with the look of a human monks in cured silk dual whielding a Jade Mace and a Knuckle Duster.

I think this goes back to me meeting some helpful monk somewhere in Kunark 20 years ago, when I was 12 years old myself and immediately started idolizing that hero.

Ever since, I use these weapons on my monk from time to time, even though I have way better weapons.
Closed Thread