Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-03-2022, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the druid epic is underestimated by many because it lacks raid utility. It changes what you can accomplish and the solo encounters you can complete due to the efficiency of the mana free dot/snare.
Yea I’ve seen some Druids root rot like 8 mobs at a time with epic. Once you have engorging roots it’s pretty reliable equaling the epic duration so you can go pretty crazy with. It’s nice to not have to worry about getting in that last big tick like shaman epic if you want to reapply it if root breaks early.
Old 10-04-2022, 03:02 PM
Banned

i mean u can get do most raids on p99 with kunark gear with the exception of

AoW, Tunare, and Sontalak

some ToV can maybe do with only kunark gear but can be kinda dicey and need the

classes

a lot of classes dont even need their epic and its just used as a stat stick
Old 10-04-2022, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

I think Rogue Epic is being underappreciated in terms of how much of a ridiculous power spike it provides as a single item. It obviously doesn't change how the class plays, but it makes a Rogue incredibly more effective at their role, is the easiest Epic to complete and isn't replaced until very high end Velious weapons come into play. It's really an absurd power spike for Rogues going from Classic into Kunark and acquiring a Ragebringer. Even the droppabale Kunark weapons for Rogues don't even come close to it, which isn't the case with Monks, who have Kunark weapons like SoS, T staff and IFS that are right in line with their Epic DPS. Nothing comes close to Ragebringer for Rogues.
Old 10-04-2022, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Rogue epic is easily the second most impactful to raiding after cleric. Most of velious was probably tuned around its existence and wouldn't die in time without it. Wasn't the OP question of course though, it doesn't really impact the rogue themselves other than actually turning them from a bad classic class to an insane one in Kunark. Playstyle doesn't change.
Old 10-04-2022, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only weapon u need is a trusty dwarven battle axe. Anything else is just for milk drinkers
Old 10-05-2022, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Monk epic is so good they eventually had to start making other gloves with the same effect so monks could finally equip something else.

I'd say from a longevity perspective cleric and bard and then monk are probably the best.

Even by Velious a lot of them are effectively obsolete.
Old 10-05-2022, 03:39 PM
Kobold

Which epics are game changing from a solo perspective only? I think necro shaman and druid's seem to be the pick here?
Old 10-05-2022, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which epics are game changing from a solo perspective only? I think necro shaman and druid's seem to be the pick here?
Monk. Shaman get DoTs and can cannibalize to regain mana - so a mana free DoT is nice to have, but Monk gets a 41% haste that stacks with worn haste, and is worn in hand-slot. Which means that a monk with a Seahorse Belt + Epic has 75% haste solo.
Old 10-05-2022, 04:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In terms of soloing shaman, druid, monk, necro are up there.
As a Necro, I'd rather have a Shissar Deathspeaker Staff than the epic.

Would have been cool to have a unique dot line on the epic, so you could essentially stack another Splurt or something. Might make it OP though, but I'm pretty sure that's how the Shaman's epic works.
Old 10-05-2022, 04:52 PM
Fire Giant

Shaman epic is a dot line that shaman otherwise don't get,its splurt without the good end ticks.
Shaman and monk most game changing for solo