Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 10-04-2022, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I attempted to try KC for a bit, but I showed up right when Venril popped apparently...

I tried charming moat trash but the mobs were way too mismatched level-wise, so my charmed pet just wrecked everything.

I tried the 'pet sit' trick but the last time I tried that was level 16...doesn't seem to work at high levels lol

I'm very familiar with KC and CoM, so maybe I'll practice there more (I guess I'll have to head down to basement for higher level mobs) but the outdoor DL camp sounds interesting. I like the sound of that. Thanks
Pet sit works. Just not as well at higher levels because mobs can hit for such high amounts so quickly that you may not be able to keep pace as well using pet sit as much as you did at lower levels.

Also, you will generally end up with level mismatches between the two mobs (at least by a couple levels not necessarily a ton of levels) the higher level the content is that you're doing. So that reduces the effectiveness of pet sit as well.
Old 10-04-2022, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a perfectly safe spot in North that you can camp in and out and med at and will provide better xp than basement with less work than west. Just get a north key and then head in and over the drop off. On that next ramp down, you can sit 3 or 4 floor tiles up from the bottom and on the right hand side as you face down it. If no one comes a long and trains you, you could retire there.

Caution about the fake rug at the bottom on the left though. That will drop you through to the basement hallways and usually mean death. Nice thing about it though is that if you are going to die, you could fall down there and die and technically have an easier CR since you would not need a new key to get to your body.

I did north up to a bit into 59 on my Enc after cutting my teeth a bit in CoM and HS basement until about 55.

Best of luck!
I'm pretty sure I know the exact spot you're talking about. I always see a lot of videos of people camping there
Old 10-04-2022, 04:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not too familiar with Velious overall.

I'm looking for good exp, high-level, Undead camps in Velious that a 57 Necro can solo.

I know, I should go to Howling Stones but the vibe is off. I'm not feeling it.

I need something else. I'm looking to practice my Undead charming and cutting my teeth at HS sounds like suicide.
Velious doesn't have much in the way of undead for charming and leveling. The reason why HS is the best place a necro can level is that you learn all of the intangibles, not just charming: situational awareness, timing, patience, order of operations, and it builds intuition.

There is simply no better place for a necro to go to learn these things and due to the high level of risk involved, the experience sticks. One can always tell a necro who never leveled in HS versus one that has. Friends within the necro community tend to agree.

You can get great exp in KC on basement and make some money to boot at Verix camp. The best exp will come from root stacking the adds on top of your pet so the mobs kill your pet fast, break charm 4% and below and deflux for full xp gain, rinse and repeat.

At 57 you're too high for basement in HS and you should try North to begin learning all of the intangibles, then head to West for the best xp in the game, especially with a duo partner. Stay on the 1st half of the zone, the key that drops in the back room also has a charge of chloro and it respawns before chloro fades, ensuring a never ending free chloro. I'll put a video up soon of HS West.

Here's a video to help for KC basement, make sure you use DA after charming PH/Verix to turn mobs back to him, then just start rooting and get them stacked together as close as possible. Sometimes the mobs don't turn, just run towards your pet and they'll shift off you while harmshield is active.

https://youtu.be/5rJqawmJiYY

Unchained
Last edited by SantagarBrax; 10-04-2022 at 04:05 PM.. Reason: signature
Old 10-04-2022, 04:06 PM
Banned

Oh, velious mobs have way more hp's and hit much harder as well, the room for error is much less.
Old 10-04-2022, 06:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velious doesn't have much in the way of undead for charming and leveling. The reason why HS is the best place a necro can level is that you learn all of the intangibles, not just charming: situational awareness, timing, patience, order of operations, and it builds intuition.

There is simply no better place for a necro to go to learn these things and due to the high level of risk involved, the experience sticks. One can always tell a necro who never leveled in HS versus one that has. Friends within the necro community tend to agree.

You can get great exp in KC on basement and make some money to boot at Verix camp. The best exp will come from root stacking the adds on top of your pet so the mobs kill your pet fast, break charm 4% and below and deflux for full xp gain, rinse and repeat.

At 57 you're too high for basement in HS and you should try North to begin learning all of the intangibles, then head to West for the best xp in the game, especially with a duo partner. Stay on the 1st half of the zone, the key that drops in the back room also has a charge of chloro and it respawns before chloro fades, ensuring a never ending free chloro. I'll put a video up soon of HS West.

Here's a video to help for KC basement, make sure you use DA after charming PH/Verix to turn mobs back to him, then just start rooting and get them stacked together as close as possible. Sometimes the mobs don't turn, just run towards your pet and they'll shift off you while harmshield is active.

https://youtu.be/5rJqawmJiYY

Unchained
Awesome, great vid. Question: Can you interrupt mob casting with Screaming Terror?

Vid had some great examples of reverse charming too.
Old 10-04-2022, 07:01 PM
Banned

Yes, but it can get resisted on higher mobs like the ICG's in crypt, etc. Also, charisma has nothing to do with Screaming Terror and this is classic. Charisma gear is a waste of time as you just FD the crit resist and reset.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, but it can get resisted on higher mobs like the ICG's in crypt, etc. Also, charisma has nothing to do with Screaming Terror and this is classic. Charisma gear is a waste of time as you just FD the crit resist and reset.
Good to know. Yeah, CHA only really applies to lulls for Necros, correct?

I was considering buying a couple of Enchanter 'weapons' to boost my CHA by 25, but I probably won't be lulling a ton and like you said, just FD and reset.
Old 10-05-2022, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Good to know. Yeah, CHA only really applies to lulls for Necros, correct?

I was considering buying a couple of Enchanter 'weapons' to boost my CHA by 25, but I probably won't be lulling a ton and like you said, just FD and reset.
I’ve heard both ways. Seems another thread is trying to determine how much cha actually effects rest the dead.
Old 10-05-2022, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve heard both ways. Seems another thread is trying to determine how much cha actually effects rest the dead.
And the other lull costs a Bone Chip to cast, so in that way it's different. So who knows
Old 10-06-2022, 09:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I attempted to try KC for a bit, but I showed up right when Venril popped apparently...

I tried charming moat trash but the mobs were way too mismatched level-wise, so my charmed pet just wrecked everything.

I tried the 'pet sit' trick but the last time I tried that was level 16...doesn't seem to work at high levels lol

I'm very familiar with KC and CoM, so maybe I'll practice there more (I guess I'll have to head down to basement for higher level mobs) but the outdoor DL camp sounds interesting. I like the sound of that. Thanks
Howling stones is intimidating at first (its helpful if you have Convergence and a few EEs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) but you'll feel like such a boss when you get it figured out.

So many people are scared to go there yet there you are solo crawling through entire wings.