Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 04-16-2022, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
main thing now is that it does require a 200 track ranger, where as the old mechanic didnt really require a tracker, though it did help
Peak Quillmane sales days for me was during the huge demand right before Velious. I'd find 2 buyers and park them at Hermit and Centaur, and Bards can track W themselves - or, worst case, charm and pet track to make sure it didn't sneak away.

Essentially a guaranteed 30k within an hour.

Selling them now is pretty profitable too, but I've only sold a few. I wish I saw more people trying to solve it instead.
Old 05-20-2022, 11:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
agreed. very fulfilling feeling when you do figure it out too. It did take us a while, probably 3-4 days of 6-8 hour sessions each but we have it 100% figured out now

main thing now is that it does require a 200 track ranger, where as the old mechanic didnt really require a tracker, though it did help
I’ve been trying to figure this out for hours now and it seems I’m still doing something wrong. On Blue, using my Ranger with 200 Tracking. Are you on Blue or Green, and would you be willing to help me figure out what I’m screwing up?
Old 05-22-2022, 06:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve been trying to figure this out for hours now and it seems I’m still doing something wrong. On Blue, using my Ranger with 200 Tracking. Are you on Blue or Green, and would you be willing to help me figure out what I’m screwing up?
It's literally explained down to the minutae in this thread, the first post on page 9.

There are 6 pathing mobs with 78 second respawns. Every other pathing mob is 6 minute respawn.

The 78 second respawning roaming mobs are placeholders for various named, one of which is Quillmane.
Old 05-29-2022, 05:19 AM
Planar Protector

geez what a pal.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 07-16-2022, 08:19 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtMacklinFBI [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone knew the quailman cloak in classic bro.

I was like 12, a complete shitter at the game and vividly remember wanting one so bad for my warrior back in the day. Sorry you were even dumber than I was and didn't get quilmayne loot in classic.
this XD
Old 09-01-2022, 11:03 AM
Banned

If you're agreeing with Yendor on mechanics agenda it's time for some serious reconsideration
Old 09-14-2022, 12:06 AM
Sarnak

Since this seems to be the de facto Quillmane thread for now, I thought I'd add my own experiences.

Just finished a 3 hour stint of camping QM on Aystar, my 35 ranger. So 180 track, not quite maxed, but I was impatient and the hell level was boring me.

To start, I rounded up every PH I could reasonably take. At 35 I couldn't take several avocets/cyclopes etc. so mostly lions/lionesses/elephants/escaped gnolls/wolves/etc. then got them to the center of "The Triangle" (KFC/Hermit/Spires). I then worked my way through them with a GINA timer for 78s. Took note of my track list before the first timer expired, then waited for all timers to finish expiring, and swept the southern half of the zone for any mobs above that timer, making sure to be mindful of the 6 minute zonewide repop timer.

Note: It may help to take the highest mob on your track before repops, find it, and drag it around with you as you collect new mobs. This way, you have a point of reference with you constantly and you never "lose your place". Groi Gutblade or his PH lion are a good mob to do this with, as you can nab extra Rings of Shadow to sell AND they have the same repop time as Quillmane so you can go get them again for the next round.

Anyways, rinsed and repeated that a few times until I had just one mob that was respawning as a new thing every 78s. That's Quillmane PH. The list posted earlier seemed accurate to me, I saw the following mobs:

Quillmane
a shadow wolf
a treant
an escaped splitpaw gnoll
a lion
a lioness
a mist wolf
aviak harrier
a cyclops
an elephant
centaur sheltie

I Can't confirm if Avocets, Centaur Archers, Centaur Coursers, or Rooks were PH's, as I didn't run into any on this cycle. Also positive at this point that elephant calves and bull elephants are NOT on this cycle.

The only thing I experienced differently than previously stated was that Quillmane never once spawned instantly upon death of his placeholder. She would always spawn 78 seconds after the PH was killed, and then once she was killed, the next pop would be 78 seconds later.

Some other things to add-

If you're attempting this solo, I wouldn't recommend it unless you're a 39+ Ranger or a bard. Run speed can kinda make up for tracking difference, but there were several times I'd have to search for spawns outside my tracking range if standing in the center of the Triangle. They popped as far east as past the Hermit Hut and as far west as over the hill by KFC. I'd say they popped as far south as the south zone wall and as far north as Paw. So that's a lot of distance to cover. If the zone is fairly empty or there's no competition, start at one side and sweep to the other. If there's competition, start in the center to increase your chances of catching it before someone else does.

And another note--- PLEASE ask in zone if somebody's camping Quillmane before you start a big swarm pull. If someone is, there's a chance that you're just going to make it harder for them AND yourself by littering the track list with trash. I had a bard run through and swarm the whole zone and mess everything up and I then had a lot of guesswork and competition on my hands, when it would have been faster, even for the bard, if they asked and got second on the list but while actually knowing the PH from the get-go.

EDIT: Wanted to add a note about the drop rate. I've killed 9 Quillmanes thus far and have yet to get a cloak. RNG gonna RNG of course, but wondering if that promised increase to the drop rate was implemented yet or not.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Last edited by greenspectre; 09-14-2022 at 12:14 AM..
Old 09-14-2022, 05:15 PM
Sarnak

Edit, confirmed that Chargers can spawn on this cycle as well. Got my first cloak too!
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 09-14-2022, 05:26 PM
Developer

There hasn’t been a patch since the drop rate adjustment.
Old 09-14-2022, 07:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There hasn’t been a patch since the drop rate adjustment.
Is there any actual reason for the crazy long time between patches?

No patch for 10 months when tons of things have been continually updated in the meantime seems pretty extreme.