Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 08-18-2022, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

You keep saying "You are playing wrong", but you have no evidence to prove it. Sorry you are just trying to be a contrarian because you are mad[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have disproven all of your points. You have yet to prove a single point.

Post more politely next time so you don't look like an asshole on top of looking like a noob.

I am not going to respond to you anymore in this thread until you bring evidence. Anybody who is curious can read the previous posts and see how easily I dismiss all of your "criticisms". I will happily answer other users questions if they are wondering about why your ideas are incorrect.

Back to the original topic at hand, Pox is better than Bane. Bane should be the last spell on your list if you are hurting for money.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-18-2022 at 06:49 PM..
Old 08-18-2022, 07:40 PM
Planar Protector

You haven't disproven anything. You just continue to ignore the math and points that are made.

It's also a fact that you don't maintain Torpor properly in your videos. It's a fact you are not pulling optimally. It's a fact that you got the Dragon to flee 3+ minutes faster when starting to incorporate the things I told you (even though you're still doing several mistakes). It's a fact you are playing wrong getting caught by a simple wyvern and saying "I have to gate and run all the way back OMG" when you could simply root and camp and relog.

Pox is Level 59 spell, Bane is Level 56. Obviously Pox is the more efficient spell for some SOLO play, but people can't use it for several levels. Bane helps a lot to kill better, not just solo but also for plenty of duo/group situations (where Pox probably sucks), allowing you to level faster and/or farm money better. There are lots of weak group stat buff spells and such that can be avoided to save some money. Bane of Knife is definitely worth getting.
Old 08-19-2022, 10:32 AM
Fire Giant

every single one of these forum posts devolves into these pedantic arguments. you can search google for anything p99 related, and by page 2 its people arguing with each other LOL.
Old 08-19-2022, 10:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbymck69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do shaman afford to buy their level 55+ spells? Must i pimp myself out? Lol
I saved up every penny I had to buy Torpor, first and foremost. (I had epic already at level 54).

I did not buy Malo, Pox, Bane until after I bought Torpor, because Torpor is the real money-making spell. As long as you've got some time, you can kill just about any plat camp with torpor + curse of the spirits at 60. When you get some cash from that stuff, sell it and buy other spells.

Also -- can join a raiding guild and convince them to hit targets like Harla Dar, get a group for emporer chottal, sebilite juggernauts, protector, etc... Spells also drop frequently in VP.

Theres no easy / short answer. Takes a lot of dedication to be a shaman.
Old 08-19-2022, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I saved up every penny I had to buy Torpor, first and foremost. (I had epic already at level 54).

I did not buy Malo, Pox, Bane until after I bought Torpor, because Torpor is the real money-making spell. As long as you've got some time, you can kill just about any plat camp with torpor + curse of the spirits at 60. When you get some cash from that stuff, sell it and buy other spells.

Also -- can join a raiding guild and convince them to hit targets like Harla Dar, get a group for emporer chottal, sebilite juggernauts, protector, etc... Spells also drop frequently in VP.

Theres no easy / short answer. Takes a lot of dedication to be a shaman.
I agree, Torpor is at top of the list.

The priority list of expensive spells to buy looks like this. 1 being the best:

1. Torpor
2. Malo
3. Cannibalize 4
4. Spirit of the Howler
5. Pox
6. Bane

The rest of the spells you can't buy from merchants are generally cheap enough, or can be bought whenever.

The only caveat I have to this is if you are saving for Torpor at level 60, you may want to get Malo first. If you are a level 60 Shaman with Malo, you can still get in to money camps like Fungi Tunic camp and Ixiblat Fer without Torpor.