Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 08-02-2022, 08:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust1d? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not see why a Crucify server could not co-exist with any other PvP. It is completely different and you do not have to poop sock your way for 100+ hours grinding the same shit over and over. Plus, you do not have to travel from zone to zone looking for pvp, it is always right in front of you
Population would be less than 10 a week after launch due to the reasons you mentioned.
Old 09-06-2022, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

I could get down for some crushbone only diablo style loot pvp server for that counterstrike feel, someone stand it up!
Old 09-06-2022, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah a fixed level fixed build per class pvp system would be fun with some kinda rewards.

Npcs you kill and clear for loot while fending off pvp enemies.

Fixed set of no drop gear and all your upgrade gear from NpCs is droppable lootable
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-03-2022, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More digging.. The Crucify PvP Dev jumped onboard with Secrets on the failed Qeynos vs Freeport PvP server.. which died because Secrets screwed up the code/database, had no backup, then he deleted everything..

See here: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32404

The guy said it killed his desire to do anything EQ related.

So no more Crucify PvP server or FP v Qeynos. Thanks @Secrets

Lol, actually Naez hacked that shit and I lost Crucify...

A new Crucify could be built in a couple of hours.

My only gripe with Crucify was the PvP wasn't too classic and the spells available were not classic either as I have no idea how to code a restricted spell file. It was awesome to hop on grind some mobs for quick loot and fast-paced PvP with no plugging.

Surefall Glade was the hub and you'd port into either Crushbone or Seb -- there may have been a third but I forget. Each zone had no way out... casters could gate back to SFG and all melee had a 30 second click gate item.

I had some basic quests in each zone that would unlock the next.. all in all it was super simple.

QvF v1 was really fucking awesome -- only lost some time on v2 as Secrets did most of the dev work there...

I actually thought v1 of QvF was better than Crucify.
Old 10-27-2022, 04:56 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, actually Naez hacked that shit and I lost Crucify...

A new Crucify could be built in a couple of hours.

My only gripe with Crucify was the PvP wasn't too classic and the spells available were not classic either as I have no idea how to code a restricted spell file. It was awesome to hop on grind some mobs for quick loot and fast-paced PvP with no plugging.

Surefall Glade was the hub and you'd port into either Crushbone or Seb -- there may have been a third but I forget. Each zone had no way out... casters could gate back to SFG and all melee had a 30 second click gate item.

I had some basic quests in each zone that would unlock the next.. all in all it was super simple.

QvF v1 was really fucking awesome -- only lost some time on v2 as Secrets did most of the dev work there...

I actually thought v1 of QvF was better than Crucify.
It was Crush then Karnors (I never made it past Karnors) But I am sure you would have 100+ playing if you opened and posted about it.

Would play on Crucify or QvF
Old 10-31-2022, 12:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
12 years ago dudes.

Literally this happened longer ago than 1999 happened when p99 started up.

Can p99 staff please start a new pvp server?

Thanks
There already is a red and no one plays it why waste time and money making another
Old 10-31-2022, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

Reset switch. People play to progress. Eq pvp with this rule set has little interest for anyone including pvp players when it terminates at velious a cockblock all/all zero weight +10 to all stats items end game. It’s over and we’re ready for next play through, preferably with a classic ruleset from the get go so people don’t quit in the hundreds
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-31-2022, 09:03 PM
Orc

The problem with a classic ruleset is that people realize they cannot compete with the ones who poopsock their way to 50 and just shit on everyone else. This is not 1999 anymore so the people who want the true classic experience are only a handful. People work, have families etc. Needs to have level locked progression to prevent poopsocking.

This is why Red was losing 50 people a week and eventually lost all of its players.
Old 10-31-2022, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Tiered level cap

No legacy items or modified and permanent inclusion
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-31-2022, 11:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with a classic ruleset is that people realize they cannot compete with the ones who poopsock their way to 50 and just shit on everyone else. This is not 1999 anymore so the people who want the true classic experience are only a handful. People work, have families etc. Needs to have level locked progression to prevent poopsocking.

This is why Red was losing 50 people a week and eventually lost all of its players.
I love EQ PvP and I quit R99 because it devolved to the point that one guild dominated the server. I mean I was even there as a founding member and I quit like the next day because I knew the competition was over.

I'm working on a server concept that allows for team balancing. If too many no life aggressive nerds end up in one place at the same time they need to be dealt with before they kill the community. This is the only thing that will sustain a population.