Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 06-13-2022, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Default Why EQEMU pvp has sucked.

Teams was the only thing that made EQ fun now that I think about it, it's why all EMU has been garbage.

Zone control and helping your team progress was the only thing cool about EQPVP, it just came to me in a vision.
Old 06-13-2022, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Plus its a half mix of PVE group pick up shit and PVP.
Old 06-13-2022, 04:31 PM
Banned

It would be nice. It's a way to compromise and come half way with the bluebies.
Old 06-13-2022, 06:02 PM
Banned

We would have had teams too if ppl just stuck with three guilds.
Old 06-14-2022, 03:42 PM
Banned

I dont care at this point, i just feel like starting on a fresh pvp server. If its teams its teams and if it only lasts a year, at least it wont be a year of suck like red year 1. If it isnt here, ill keep an eye on what else gets going in EQemu.
Old 06-14-2022, 05:27 PM
Fire Giant

It is sad you guys don't have a new server. Maybe let this be a lesson in life to not bite the hand that feeds you. Rogean has done alot for this community and you guys always find the need to troll people away.
Old 06-14-2022, 05:28 PM
Banned

Let me be constructive, theres alot of non-toxics who are waiting for a server. Also, actual toxics are pretty low in numbers (maybe more are lurking but beyond chortles etc i dont see them posting). For people that criticise how things unfolded on red like me, that you brand as toxicity, devs should have a tough skin about criticism, or else theyll just make the same mistakes again. I mean one of them is fucking Angwe for fuck's sake.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 06-14-2022 at 05:49 PM..
Old 06-14-2022, 06:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me be constructive, theres alot of non-toxics who are waiting for a server. Also, actual toxics are pretty low in numbers (maybe more are lurking but beyond chortles etc i dont see them posting). For people that criticise how things unfolded on red like me, that you brand as toxicity, devs should have a tough skin about criticism, or else theyll just make the same mistakes again. I mean one of them is fucking Angwe for fuck's sake.
Ya because the devs made the mistakes, not the shitty player base. Now your begging this same shitty staff to make another server. LOL
Old 06-14-2022, 09:39 PM
Banned

Why has EQEMU pvp sucked? Mostly cause EQ pvp sucks. There are some other reasons but that's the big one. That said I'd be all over trying out a new pvp server. It sucks but in kind of a weird fun sometimes kinda way?
Old 06-15-2022, 01:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya because the devs made the mistakes, not the shitty player base. Now your begging this same shitty staff to make another server. LOL
Im not begging them, i actually dont give a fuck. I got a dozen quality games lined up waiting to be played. Id enjoy a fresh pvp server here but if thats the actual reason why they wont launch it, because theyre butt sore about criticism, that would just be funny, like middle school grade - levels of non-maturity funny. Its probably something else so at the very least, its unprofessional to promise a server and then just refuse to update whats going on with it, but im not drawing any conclusions beyond that.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 06-15-2022 at 01:46 AM..