Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 01:47 PM
Orc

Default Sesserdrix's guide - Lower Guk

Ive followed this guide pretty closely and run into necros at every spot he lists (this is step 1 in making a necro it seems). I would love to read about leveling 51+ in lower guk...how/where etc. I spent some time in BR there and Ass/sup but obviously thats not good xp. At 53 when I can rez myself I'll be a bit more adventurous but til then I'de love a guide of some sort....given how good his other spots are....Sesser can u finish that one please!
Old 05-25-2015, 09:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAELZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive followed this guide pretty closely and run into necros at every spot he lists (this is step 1 in making a necro it seems). I would love to read about leveling 51+ in lower guk...how/where etc. I spent some time in BR there and Ass/sup but obviously thats not good xp. At 53 when I can rez myself I'll be a bit more adventurous but til then I'de love a guide of some sort....given how good his other spots are....Sesser can u finish that one please!
Level 51 can handle the Frenzy room in Lower Guk, (good xp at that level).
Here you will learn how to charm kill.
Or if you have enough MR then you can also goto the Mage room.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:57 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah, part of the problem is I absolutely, to the core of my soul, abhor Guk. I really do. I hate everything about that zone. Whether it is killing entrance mobs at super low levels, or soloing greater stuff at higher levels.

I stuck that part in there with the intention that on my next necromancer toon, I would take time out to force myself to learn the camps from the perspective of someone still leveling. If I go there now on Sesserdrix, I'd just power through absolutely everything, so it wouldn't give me the perspective necessary to write a decent section for it. Ultimately, graduate school caught up with me, so I was unable to devote as much time to my 3rd necromancer (Daudsormr) as I'd have liked.

Since I never got up to that level, I have yet to get a decent experience from a leveling character's perspective, so I never filled in the section. I left the section there just so people knew it was something they could do if they wanted to be adventurous.

But again, I abhor everything about Guk. Fuck those zones.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:46 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Holy shit that is such a great sig Sesserdrix. I just noticed it now. Can't stop laughing.

Also Guk is such a classic zone! And the P99 staff did a bunch of bugfixing down there. Great loot, great mobs to fight (who doesn't love croaking frogs?) Give it a shot!
Old 05-31-2015, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks. The idea for it was my own, but it was created be Aeaolena.

As for Guk: I've tried it. I still hate the zone. It is my least favorite set of zones in the game. Kedge Keep is more enjoyable to me than the shit hole that is Guk. Nothing has ever changed my mind of that zone in 15 years, and I doubt anything ever will. Everyone has a least favorite zone in the game, in Guk is mine.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Banned

You are making my vanilla classic bones shake in rage, sessedrix. Youre lucky you like kedge.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread