Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 08-06-2023, 12:55 PM
Kobold

Two part photo essay on the early red days and the man who made it happen.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-08-2023, 10:51 PM
Banned

Pras The Duke, long live the King!!! May he live forever.
Old 08-10-2023, 12:25 AM
Skeleton

Pras the Duke
Old 08-10-2023, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

good listen
Old 08-11-2023, 04:19 AM
Kobold

Pras, I enjoyed the podcast. Was nostalgic hearing everyone's name again.
Old 08-11-2023, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

God damn, lots of memories that were buried deep are coming back up! I see thrilla killed a lot of people. Love the notfame picture~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kptrjtt6iQ4&t=0s

heres the podcast, Zaide did a really good job with the questions, props to him. He's like a living everquest encyclopedia.
Old 08-11-2023, 04:13 PM
Sarnak

hey
Old 08-12-2023, 04:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwall 146.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey
Do you play mortal online 2? Saw a Cwall in a video the other day
Old 08-12-2023, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

I have some old videos of Azrael pvping Nihilum during raids, wonder how to post those
Old 08-12-2023, 10:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's talk about the first two years of red99 shall we? do you fools remember anything noteworthy
I remember quitting after two or three weeks because nobody, including the so-called hardcore bigshots, would ever fight if they didn't have their entire guild with them. There was almost no meaningful PvP on the server, just guilds rolling around roflstomping whoever they came across while usually avoiding any fight that they weren't guaranteed to win, with the rare exception (once or twice a week) when raid content was at stake. PvP was always a joke on red99, everyone was too cowardly to lose a fair fight even though there was nothing at stake.

People remember like a dozen cool fights that took place over the server's entire lifespan and somehow concoct the belief that this was how things were on red99. In reality, 99.9% of the time, people were doing everything they could to avoid fighting unless they had no chance to lose. Holocaust in particular were the biggest cowards on the server, despite talking big game all the time. If you ever met one of them 1v1, you could be sure they would either spin around and gtfo, or intentionally train you. The red99 bigshots were terrified of losing.

The one and only time I ever had the pleasure of fighting a Holocaust member 1v1, he managed to drown himself during the fight and then accused me of hacking, and he was serious about that. In reality, I had SoW on but kept spamming my jboots in order to confuse him with the particle effect, and the fact that I was faster than his jboots speed led him to conclude that I was speedhacking.

PvP on this server was always a complete farce, with the exception of a select few fights that are now remembered with the same irrational reverence that historians do the Battle of Hastings and things like that. On any given regular day, it was almost impossible to find interesting PvP on red99 because nobody went anywhere without bringing enough people or being sufficiently overleveled to make sure they would automatically steamroll anyone they came across. There was a few cool battles sprinkled amongst two years of mindless 6v1 garbage.
Last edited by greatdane; 08-12-2023 at 10:16 PM..