Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 05:32 PM
Kobold

Default first time car accident - guy is making a bogus injury claim...need help please :)

hello,

i got into a 3 car accident at a traffic light. i was the last car and it was basically a 3 car fender bender at the traffic light. the first car fled the scene, but car number 2 and i stayed. so this guy was not cooperative at all (middle eastern dude), wouldn't talk to me. he got out of the car to take pictures of the damages (nothing but mere scratches on both cars, no dents) and gets back in his car.

15 minutes later, an ambulance comes and he walks out of his car into the ambulance. i wanted to know what was going on, and saw this guy laying down in a neck brace...like come on dude are you serious? 30 min later, police came and report was taken.

a few weeks later, my insurance company calls me and tells me this dude is claiming total loss on his vehicle and that he has sustained a neck injury.

being that the the car who rear-ended is always at fault, i get that but this guys is claiming some crazy kind of insurance fraud, i have no idea how he claims a total loss on his car, let alone a neck injury.

any advice would be helpful on what to do.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Aviak

Welcome to America, have fun paying thousands of dollars to some asshole claiming to be severely injured from a fender bender.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Hopefully you took pictures of both vehicles. If someone tried to fraud me like this IRL they'd face a severe beating at least. Don't let that MF win.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Kobold

yes, of course I have pictures of both cars.

i feel like there's nothing i can do at this point, but hope that my insurance company realizes this guy is being dramatic.

even the emt and police officer at the scene thought this guy was being ridiculous.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Send the pics to the insurance company and try and get the names of the officer and paradmedic and give that info the the insurance company. Better then nothing.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

You are pretty good and fucked. Don't text and drive while high next time and you won't be in this predicament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are pretty good and fucked. Don't text and drive while high next time and you won't be in this predicament.
Never once rear ended anyone while texting and driving while high. /winning [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have watched in my rear view mirror as people on cell phones have rear ended or almost rear ended me on a few occasions.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Fire Giant

photos and testimony from the officer and emt will only help

in the future i hope you go all russian and have a dash-cam installed
Old 08-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Banned

blame the jews

also your ins co. will investigate they dont want to pay out either
Old 08-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langrisser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
blame the jews

also your ins co. will investigate they dont want to pay out either
Closed Thread